Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

Nearing the end of my factory warranty, I have been searching and contemplating on purchasing extended coverage. I have looked into the BEST warranty which is so highly recommended on this site. Although it's not sold in Florida it can be purchased online from a couple of site sponsors. My dealership also recommended the RPM One warranty which is accepted nationwide, covers everything the BEST warranty does and then some, zero deductible and offers 4 years instead of the 3 years that BEST offers for about $900. They will also finance this premium interest free for 6 months with 20 percent down. Sounds like a great deal to me. Anyone had any experience with RPM One? I would love some feedback.
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

Spyder Garage

I had RPM One on my 2010 RT-S. Two days after my manufacturers warranty ran out, Jason, with Seminole Power Sports, in Sanford, Florida, spotted a crack in my exhaust line. This was covered by RPM One. The cost for fixing as I recall was somewhere around $700.00. I had my accident about a month later. I was refunded the remaining portion of the extended warranty contract. I came out ahead.

I might add that I'm like you. I haven't as of yet purchased an extended warranty. I'm going to wait as you have.

Bottom line is that I had nothing but good dealings with RPM One. Hope this helps.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Up to you

I think extended warranties are a waste of money. BRP makes a great product, and with proper care you will be ahead without buying the extend.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I also have RPM warranty and had a $400. water pump shaft, seals replaced with no problem. If I decide on selling off bike to buy a 2013 or 14 bike will still have warranty for next buyer. Myself I would never buy a used Spyder with out a warranty.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fin View Post
    I think extended warranties are a waste of money. BRP makes a great product, and with proper care you will be ahead without buying the extend.
    I have had nothing gone wrong with mine, except the recalls, so I would have been out the money I would have paid for the warrentee or should say insurance policy. I can understand why some would want this.
    Last edited by rnet; 03-02-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Do a Google search on RPM One; you'll find plenty of negative comments. The most basic one is that they quibble over something they say they cover.

ken tompkins

Quote Originally Posted by major911 View Post
    Nearing the end of my factory warranty, I have been searching and contemplating on purchasing extended coverage. I have looked into the BEST warranty which is so highly recommended on this site. Although it's not sold in Florida it can be purchased online from a couple of site sponsors. My dealership also recommended the RPM One warranty which is accepted nationwide, covers everything the BEST warranty does and then some, zero deductible and offers 4 years instead of the 3 years that BEST offers for about $900. They will also finance this premium interest free for 6 months with 20 percent down. Sounds like a great deal to me. Anyone had any experience with RPM One? I would love some feedback.

Spyder Garage

I bought my Spyder pre-owned and it came with the BEST waranty and I'm glad it did!
    Had something fixed under the warantry that I didn't want to pay for as there was no income at the time.

Spyder Garage

The subject comes up every once in awhile. I am with the group that does not buy an extended warranty. If I find I have a vehicle with issues--I would get rid of it.

That said, the warranty is like choosing a deductible on insurance. Do I want no deductible or $1000 deductible?

There have been many that have purchased the extended warranties and got their money back--others have spent the money and received no benefits from it.

Best seems to have the least complaints--but a search of the reviews of various warranties offered is a good idea. The big thing--make sure your warranty is accepted at all dealers, and not just the one that is selling it to you.

Extended warranties are "cash cows" to the selling dealers. This is based on the fact that most that purchase them don't need them. For the same reason, I don't buy GAP insurance, special coatings, winterizing sprays, or credit life insurance. I love it when they ask me about credit life. My comeback is, If I die, that's your problem, not mine.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red