Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardian Bell

Spyder Garage

Default bells

I have had my bell hanging below my Seal floorboards for 2 full years and last summer, while in my dealers shop, the bell FELL OFF. After looking at the bell, the top loop on top of the bell was wore completly through, so had to fix with JB weld. the bell will last many more years because it is better than new. Just a heads up to check

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Farmerjim...send me your addy

just a little story...on facebook there is a group of ladies..."Girls on Spyders" and we all sent each other a bells...cool way to recieve a bell and gain a new friend...I recieved my bell from Sandy Summers-Holmes....and gave a bell to Sarah Schaffner
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 02-22-2013 at 06:43 PM.

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'VE ALWAYS KNOWN THEM AS KARMA BELLS. Oops cap lock was on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After our Mom died, by bro and I were going through some of her things and found a little brass bell. We both wanted it for our bikes, so my bro let me have it. So I consider it a gift from my Mom by way of my brother. I know you're 'supposed to hang it low, but I've hung mine from the shift paddle on my RTS, so I can think of my Mom when it rings.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Here's where I hang mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by farmerjim View Post
    I haven't really considered it yet, but I just bought a Guardian bell for my RT and I don't have a clue yet where I'm going to hang it. Any suggestions would be appreciated & THANKS LARGE.

farmerjim
    Jim Dumey

Mine's hanging off of the Kewl Metal Highway Bracket that is
    now covered over by my Seal FloorBoards Gotta take a picture
    of it sometime.
    Bob had contacted me privately, had one shipped to me, and asked
    nothing in return,truly amazing! Finaly had the chance to thank him
    in person in this video. Thanks again BlueStar

TicketBait

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default THANKS TO ALL

Thanks to everyone. I had heard that a very long time ago and so thanks to everyone who reminded me, I shall give the one I bought to a good friend who bought my Honda VTX 1300. So, again, in South East Missouri, All is Well. No traditions broken here and thanks again for all the input. You guys are AWESOME!!!

farmerjim
    Jim Dumey
    Enjoy the Passage of Time with

Spyder Garage

Default Guardian Bell

My Bell is a very special bell, it is a police officer memorial bell that i (a retired police chief) got as a gift from one of my two police officer sons, and although legend says hang it low, i hang it high as a proud symbol.

Photo attached

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wish I had a bell to hang. This is supposed to be from someone special ?

Spyder Garage

last summer we where on a ride in gettysburg, pa at a harley dealer and wanted to purchase a guardian bell. i stood in line and when i tried to buy it the cashier refused to sell it to me...i did not know the story behind the bell so i put it back on the shelf and left the store, and a couple was behind us in line...we did not know these folks at all and were completely blown away when the couple purchased the bell and followed us into the parking lot and gave us the bell as a gift....we where so surprised that my wife was in tears..when we asked if we could do the same for them, they told us this was exactly how they received there bell...and they were just paying it forward. this act of kindness will always stay in our hearts for as long as we ride and am looking forward to doing the same for a rider some day...
    gary (ô¿ô)

2010 can am spyder RTS-SE5 limited... #0058
    timeless black
    lighting by .......Big Dog Productions
    pin striping by..Letterfly
    exhaust by.......Spyder1attitude
    strobe brake lights by...Custom Dynamics
    K & N air filter

Spyder Garage

Mounted mine (Hand Grenade) under the left foot peg. Used some spring steel wire for a mounting bracket.
    Gremlin Bell 001.jpg
    KEEP YOUR KNEES IN THE BREEZE!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERGUY1 View Post
    I wish I had a bell to hang. This is supposed to be from someone special ?
    PM me with your mailing address...
    I'd be honored if you'd ride with one that I get for you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by farmerjim View Post
    I haven't really considered it yet, but I just bought a Guardian bell for my RT and I don't have a clue yet where I'm going to hang it. Any suggestions would be appreciated & THANKS LARGE.

farmerjim
    Jim Dumey
    I have mine zip tied to the handle bars next to the throttle. It was gifted to me and has worked well for two years. when I see it swinging in the breeze it reminds me to ride safe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    last summer we where on a ride in gettysburg, pa at a harley dealer and wanted to purchase a guardian bell. i stood in line and when i tried to buy it the cashier refused to sell it to me...i did not know the story behind the bell so i put it back on the shelf and left the store, and a couple was behind us in line...we did not know these folks at all and were completely blown away when the couple purchased the bell and followed us into the parking lot and gave us the bell as a gift....we where so surprised that my wife was in tears..when we asked if we could do the same for them, they told us this was exactly how they received there bell...and they were just paying it forward. this act of kindness will always stay in our hearts for as long as we ride and am looking forward to doing the same for a rider some day...
    Same thing happened to me at one of the SpyderFests. We were headed out on a two month grand adventure afterwards. A Gentleman came up to me and gave me a special bell. Not going to say what it looked like... It brought tears to my eyes...

I think I figured out who you are, and want to thank you for getting me safely home...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default bell

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    I have one hanging near my parking brake. I have heard that for the guardian bell to work, it must be received as a gift!

Just saying.
    number one you never buy the bell you have someone buy it for you my wife bought me one and put it on my goldwing took it off my wing and put it on her 750 wrong thing to do one month later we wrecked the 750 so have someone buy the bell as a gift

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ours was a gift from SpyderLady. The three of us have our bells hanging from the break pedal. I used 3 zip ties, but plan on going to a cotton cord eventually.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean