Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guardian Bell

Spyder Garage

Default Guardian Bell

I haven't really considered it yet, but I just bought a Guardian bell for my RT and I don't have a clue yet where I'm going to hang it. Any suggestions would be appreciated & THANKS LARGE.

farmerjim
    Jim Dumey
    Enjoy the Passage of Time with

Spyder Garage

I have one hanging near my parking brake. I have heard that for the guardian bell to work, it must be received as a gift!

Just saying.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Legend has it, it works better as a gift.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Gift

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    Legend has it, it works better as a gift.
    Oldmanzues
    You can gift it to yourself!
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

should be a gift..mostly I see them hanging low to the ground to keep the evil road spirits away..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I got mine from my Dad, My father swears by them haha, and I returned the favor by getting one for my good buddy SpyderRx. I hung mine on the lower bracket beside the left foot peg.
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by farmerjim View Post
    I haven't really considered it yet, but I just bought a Guardian bell for my RT and I don't have a clue yet where I'm going to hang it. Any suggestions would be appreciated & THANKS LARGE.

farmerjim
    Jim Dumey
    Was looking at some the other day and found one with a Maple Leaf on it. Didn't get it tho......like has been said. It's supposed to be gifted.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Guardian Bell

Received mine from good friend and fellow ryder Papa.
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine is hung from the license plate bracket...
    Wait a minute! I had an accident with my bike...
    (note to self: mount it lower on the bike!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I hung both mine and my wife's on the brake pedal. I gave her hers, she gave me mine.

Spyder Garage

Both of ours are wire tied to the right lower A arm. Guess mine is not going to work 'cause I bought it myself. BB's will work because I gifted it to her when I gave her my '10 RT.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have one with a Hogs head on it that was given to me by the salesman from whom I purchased my 2006 Acura RL back in 2006. I was riding a Harley (HOG) back then so it was appropriate. Got it hanging from my lower A arm on the right side of my RT.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Was looking at some the other day and found one with a Maple Leaf on it. Didn't get it tho......like has been said. It's supposed to be gifted.
    jer, send one this way and i'll send one your way then we be gifted spyders.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post

SpyderLovers helping each other out...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default That's a plan Stan

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    Done deal

Spyder Garage

Default Choice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Done deal
    Forgot to ask.... do you want the Maple Leaf design?

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

SpyderLovers helping each other out...
    thats right remember theres no " i " in spyderlovers helping spyderlovers..

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

The one my wife gave me was just to nice to hang where it might get damaged ... so it hangs in the frunk.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by revjvegas View Post
    The one my wife gave me was just to nice to hang where it might get damaged ... so it hangs in the frunk.
    Made me think of an OLD song.

Spyder Garage

Mine Is from Deals Gap and was given to me by a friend. It hangs by a split key ring off my brake pedal.

420469_4076164300048_107422362_n.jpg
    Last edited by captblack; 02-22-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Legend has it...

According to legend. It is supposed to be gifted by someone. You are suppose to hang it at the lowest point on your bike. I have my hung on the front between the two tires. That's what I was told by fellow bikers. Good luck. Linda8802 Troy, MO. 2012 Sypder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

The Legend of the Guardian® Bell

Many years ago, on a cold December night, a crusty old biker was returning from a trip to Mexico with his saddlebags filled with toys and other assorted trinkets for the kids at a group home near where he worked.
    As he rode along that night thinking how lucky he had been in life, having a loving riding partner that understood his need to roam the highways and to his trusty old pan that hadn’t let him down once in the many years they had shared the road together.
    Well about 40 miles north of the border, in the high desert, lurked a small group of notorious little critters known as road gremlins. You know, the ones who always leave little obstacles like, one shoe, boards, and pieces of old tires on the road, and also dig those dreaded potholes for bikers to run over and crash, thus giving the road gremlins a chance to rejoice over their acts of evil.
    Well, as the lone wolf of a biker rounded a curve that moonlit night, the gremlins ambushed him, causing him to crash to the asphalt and skid before coming to a stop next to one of his saddlebags that had broken free. As he lay there, unable to move, the road gremlins made their way towards him. Well, this biker, not being one to give up, started throwing things at the gremlins as they approached him. Finally, with nothing else to throw but a bell, he started ringing it in hopes to scare off the dirty little gremlins.
    About a half a mile away, camped in the desert, were two bikers sitting around the campfire talking about their day’s ride, and the freedom of the wind blowing in their faces as they rode across this vast country. In the stillness of the night air they heard what sounded to them like church bells ringing, and upon investigating, found the old biker lying along the roadside with the gremlins about to get him. Needless to say, being part of the biker brotherhood, they preceded to ward off the gremlins until the last ran off into the night.
    Being grateful to the two bikers, the old road dog offered to pay them for their help, but as all true bikers do, they refused to accept any type of payment from him. Not being one to let a good deed go unnoticed, the old biker cut two pieces of leather from his saddlebags tassels and tied a bell to each one. He then placed them on each of the biker’s motorcycles, as near to the ground as possible. The tired, old road warrior then told the two travelers that with those bells placed on their bikes, they would be protected from the road gremlins and that if ever in trouble, just ring the bell and a fellow biker will come to their aid.
    So, whenever you see a biker with a bell, you know that he has been blessed with the most important thing in life—friendship from a fellow biker.
    The Purpose of the Guardian® Bell

Many of us have heard the story about Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride, and they’re also responsible for most of your bike’s problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work; your battery goes dead, the clutch needs adjustment, or any of several hundred things that can go wrong. These problems are caused by Evil Road Spirits.
    Evil Road Spirits can’t live in the presence of the bell, because they get trapped in the hollow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive, so the constant ringing of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed? The bell has served its purpose.
    If you pick up a Guardian® Bell of your own, the magic will work, but if your bell is given to you, the power is doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you.
    So, if you have a friend who doesn’t have a bell, why not give them one? It’s a nice feeling for the recipient to know you care. The bell, plus a good preventive maintenance program by the bikes owner, will help eliminate Evil Road Spirits.
    Polishing the Guardian® Bell

It has been a tradition among some of us for a long time to attach a brass bell to our left swing arm, to remember our brothers and sisters who have gone down riding.
    It’s a small thing, but the reason a brass bell is chosen is that, as we ride, it gets dirty and tarnished. Every time we get down to wash and polish it, we are reminded of friends lost, and our thoughts turn to the meaning of being in the wind.
    As we ride and hear the bell ring, we know that our brothers and sisters are riding with us, and how easy it would be to join them with a single mistake.
    And maybe, just maybe, the next time a situation comes up; they will be there to help us...as long as we remember them by polishing the bell.

I have mine mounted near the handlebar shift button on both RT's. They say the lower the better though. So far, ours have worked well.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default If you're interested in gifting someone there's

a good bell selection here and shipping is free.

Also, allows ship to address selection at checkout.

http://www.guardianbell.com/bells.php?page=1

Spyder Garage

Default the bell

the lower,,,,,,,,,,, the better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Using a mounting bracket, I placed mine under the brake pedal
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest