Spyder Garage

Smile Anyone else going to the Owner's Event in June?

EDIT 05/27/13: We won't be attending the event after all.

---Original Post---
    We were wondering if anyone else from Alabama was heading to the Spyder Owner's Event in June? We'll be riding up on the 12th from Centreville, taking interstate 59N to Gadsden then back roads the rest of the way to Maggie Valley. Ride time is 7 hours not counting stops. We plan to leave when it gets light. Let us know if you'd like to ride together.
    Last edited by sonicsix; 05-27-2013 at 03:51 PM.

2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium
    www.JerryandCynthia.com - Our Riding Adventures

Spyder Garage

Default I am going

I plan to leave early morning of the 12th to Maggie Valley. I don't yet if I will be riding my RT or trailing it. Waiting on my friend and his wife to see what they want to do. I will let you know want is decided. I live near Mobile, AL.

Spyder Garage

I'm leaving on the 12th or EARLY morn of the 13th. I have a room to cover for wed, just not sure which day I can leave out. As it gets closer, I'll have a better date. I am also going to Spyderfest and HOPE to be able to leave on the 23rd. As before, I'll know for sure at a later date. I live in Heflin right off I20 before you get into Georgia.

Spyder Garage

Default Riding to Maggie Valley on my RT

I will be riding my RT to Maggie Valley, I will leave early morning on the 12th, hopefully I can join yall around Gadsden on the way up.

Spyder Garage

We will be leaving on the 12th coming from east of Huntsville, near Gurley, AL. Hope we can meet up along the way for the trip up.

Spyder Garage

Cool. Here was the tentative route we would have taken on the 12th.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=C...&via=1&t=m&z=9
    Last edited by sonicsix; 05-27-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default One week out from heading east.

Okay Alabama sypder riders, I noticed that Sonicsix will not be attending the owners event. They started the thread for setting up a ride up together to Maggie Valley.

The question is still "who are going to the owners event?" And if so "when are you planning on leaving for the event?"

So far we are the only ones that I know of going to the owners event from the Huntsville area.
    Were planning on leaving on the morning of the 12th.

Any interest on meeting up and riding into Maggie Valley?

I'll monitor this post for replies.

Hope to see you all at the event.

Spyder Garage

Me! I am going from Addison, think the 12th but still not sure pm or email katnapper@bellsouth.net or call 2 5 6 565 7 9zero5
    I'd rather be on 3 wheels, but 18 pays the BILLs!
    We are a two SpYder family!

N1RDH

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker7 View Post
    Okay Alabama sypder riders, I noticed that Sonicsix will not be attending the owners event. They started the thread for setting up a ride up together to Maggie Valley.

The question is still "who are going to the owners event?" And if so "when are you planning on leaving for the event?"

So far we are the only ones that I know of going to the owners event from the Huntsville area.
    Were planning on leaving on the morning of the 12th.

Any interest on meeting up and riding into Maggie Valley?

I'll monitor this post for replies.

Hope to see you all at the event.
    Peacemaker,Sofia and I are going to Huntsville on Sun. 16th after the events to visit family,any suggestions on a good route from MV to Huntsville?
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Default Route from MV to Huntsville

Tobor,

The quick route from MV to Huntsville is to take US 19 west out of MV, 19 will combine with US 94. It will turn into US 64/74 in Murphy TN. From there go to I75 South to Chattanooga, to I24 west through Chattanooga, to US 72 west. 72 wil take you straight into Huntsville. US 74/64 is a good ride, but if you haven't done the Cherohala Skyway before, this is a pretty demanding road to travel. Sweepers with some twisties thrown in.

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by tobor9 View Post
    Peacemaker,Sofia and I are going to Huntsville on Sun. 16th after the events to visit family,any suggestions on a good route from MV to Huntsville?
    Last edited by Peacemaker7; 06-08-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker7 View Post
    Tobor, The quick route from MV to Huntsville is to take US 19 west out of MV, 19 will combine with US 94. It will turn into US 64/74 in Murphy TN. From there go to I75 South to Chattanooga, to I24 west through Chattanooga, to US 72 west. 72 wil take you straight into Huntsville. US 74/64 is a good ride, but if you haven't done the Cherohala Skyway before, this is a pretty demanding road to travel. Sweepers with some twisties thrown in. Mark.
    I agree! thats how I am going to M Vhttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif
    I'd rather be on 3 wheels, but 18 pays the BILLs!
    We are a two SpYder family!

N1RDH

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by katnapper View Post
    Me! I am going from Addison, think the 12th but still not sure pm or email katnapper@bellsouth.net or call 2 5 6 565 7 9zero5

PM Sent.

Spyder Garage

Hope you all enjoyed the owners event and had a safe trip to and fro. The wife and I decided to ride the full length of the Natchez Trace Parkway over Memorial Day weekend instead, since we have been to Maggie Valley and The Smokies before.