Thread: Grips?

Spyder Garage

Default Grips?

I just removed my stock grips and now waiting for my kuryakyn iso grips to come. I was just curious what glue I should use for the new grips. I also noticed while removing the throttle grip that it was not glued at all. Should I glue the new throttle grip to the throttle sleeve or not. I'm new to all this so excuse my stupidity. Thanks in advance.
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default GLUE ? ? ?

Been motorcycling for 50 years and changed a lot of grips .......use spit....it lubes ....then drys ....then sticks like glue ...untill you want to remove......However if you "glue it "........Good Luck with that....IMHO, Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Been motorcycling for 50 years and changed a lot of grips .......use spit....it lubes ....then drys ....then sticks like glue ...untill you want to remove......However if you "glue it "........Good Luck with that....IMHO, Mike
    I like to use a thin black wire tie at the base. It will hold it pretty good.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

So I take it no glue at all!
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default GLUE

NO GLUE.... OMG....
    i used my PLASTI DIP http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip .... it's as slick as gorilla snot, so those grips will go on easy, and will hold them tite for years to come... spray just a little at the end of your bar, n push those suckers on... removal is relatively easy...
    006.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Grips?

No glue. I use antibacterial hand gel. Slick when wet but evaporates quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Use no glue. It won't gain you anything and destroy the rubber inserts if you ever decide to remove them. You can wrap the handlebars with electrical (black) tape. Add more if you want the grips tighter. Take some off if they're too tight. Spray with Windex to lube them on. They'll be just right when it dries.

Enjoy those grips!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Most M/C dealers carry grip glue.

Spyder Garage

Sounds great! I appreciate all the feed back. Hope to have them in the mail in a couple days!

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I also baught the black iso grips for my RSS so first off youll need to sand the throttle plastic tube thats inside of your factory grip.
    The twist tube has ridges on it and it says to remove them before installing the iso grip i had to do this to get my new grip throttle side to fit before ( glueing it) Only add glue at the end closest to the switch housing.
    Glue is provided in the kit caution use only a couple drops so when u slide the new grip on u can align it before pushing it to the stop.
    The left side grip should only be sanded to smooth the paint on the bars and again only apply a couple drops at the end closest to the switch housing so you can index the grips to match both sides.
    Good luck u will love the ISO Grips over the stock feel and appearence.
    Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

When I put mine on I used the adhesive that came with the grips...works great.

Spyder Garage

Default Grips?

I took Lamont's suggestion and I didn't use any kind of glue but I did use black electrical tape on the bars to create a tighter fit and soapy water. It worked great

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default HAIR SPRAY WORKS GREAT, TOO

Quote Originally Posted by lmfarmer94 View Post
    I took Lamont's suggestion and I didn't use any kind of glue but I did use black electrical tape on the bars to create a tighter fit and soapy water. It worked great
    HAVE REPLACED LOTS OF GRIPS OVER THE YEARS, AND HAVE FOUND THAT HAIR SPRAY DOES A GREAT JOB. CapNCrunch