Spyder Garage

Default RoadRunner Spyder Review (trip from last year)

Spyder Garage

Default disappointed...

I"ve been a subscriber to Road Runner for a while and I was disappointed in the article. Thought they were lukewarm about the Spyders for as many miles as they put on. Yes it does handle differently than a bike, but I could say the same about how my Kawi Nomad was different from a FJR 1300. Guess I had higher expectations for the Spyder on their tour. What did the rest of you think?
    KS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Pretty typical for motorcycle reviewer take on the Spyder. I like the first comment "it's not a Motorcycle" well Duh! That's like looking at a horse and saying its not a cow! Takes a lot of intelligence for that one right? All of the comments made at the end of the article could apply to many of the motorcycles that I have owned in the past as well and other than a few items could be universal in their application. For example; needs more fuel range, front suspension hard to adjust, turn signal lights hard to see etc. sort of like my old HD Sportster. As far as the other items they are pretty minor. Reviewers always compare the Spyder to a sport bike for performance or to a touring bike with double the displacement. Either way it's not a level playing field. If a Spyder RT had an 1800 cc shaft drive power plant I believe it would leave the Goldwing in its dust both from a performance and reliability point of view. Of course it would probably need at least two more computers on board!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ANY MAGAZINE ARTICLE

They all have to say something about something or else there is no purpose to their existance.....aaaand I don't think our opinions really matter to them..........only their OPINIONS matter......IMHO...Mike..

Spyder Garage

I think that any review not done by a spyder owner will be lacking the passion we have for these machines. They are so different from motorcycles, yet non enthusiats still compare the two. Its still nice to see the spyder get some magazine space. Most will never know the thrill you can get from going into a corner a little hot on these things, thats something they should write about.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    They all have to say something about something or else there is no purpose to their existance.....aaaand I don't think our opinions really matter to them..........only their OPINIONS matter......IMHO...Mike..
    Yeah you're right just get tired of it all. I think that we should start reviewing Goldwings and Harley Dressers in our Forum complaining about baldly they lean etc.