Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by captblack View Post
    Right across the street ... Maggie Valley Hotel - A Holiday Motel
    That's where I'm at this year. Stayed at the Comfort Inn two years ago, which is next door to the fair grounds & across the street from A Holiday Motel. Comfrot Inn costs about $48 more for two nights than A Holiday Motel. Had the cheaper place recommended to me, so decided to give it a try this time.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Registered and booked at Travelowes Motel for the Owners Event and went back to Super 8 in Bulls Gap for the Bar-B-Que, Cheryl and I are both looking forward to both events.
    Last edited by SpyderDon; 02-19-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Was thinkin about stayin in Kodak, TN with family and ryding down to Maggie Valley for the event. How long does it take to get to Maggie Valley from Gatlinburg?
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

just downloaded our confirmation number. now it's time to book a hotel rez.

we stayed at a very simple but pleasant motel, about three doors down from the
    fairgrounds last time. very reasonably priced, very clean. no fancy crap... good
    people

Spyder Garage

Default Got Registered

Just got registered for my first owners event.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I do HOPE... that BRP will have various vendors from the area and from Spyder friendly accessories participating. LACK of vendors was a HUUUUUUGE disappointment at the last Maggie Valley event. this is an owners event motorcycle rally. let's have some motorcycle vendors !!!

Spyder Garage

I made reservations at the Alamo Motel because it's one of the few pet friendly motels in the area. The lady said she had a special place for me to park my trailer safely next to her house.
    There will be special towels to polish my Spyder every day too. Shiney!

Now, if a certain someone from Alabama can make a real commitment in going to the owner's event, I'll change the reservations for two beds in a room.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    I made reservations at the Alamo Motel because it's one of the few pet friendly motels in the area. The lady said she had a special place for me to park my trailer safely next to her house.
    There will be special towels to polish my Spyder every day too. Shiney!

Now, if a certain someone from Alabama can make a real commitment in going to the owner's event, I'll change the reservations for two beds in a room.
    We stayed there during the last MV owners event and it is just as good as she said... They even walked our dog while we were out touring!
    Last edited by cjackg; 02-18-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    Looks like lots of campgrounds nearby. Any recommendations for full hookup, big rigs? Although it's only a 6-7 hr ride we will probably bring the toyhauler with the Spyder inside.

We are going in our RV, too. Are you going to drive all in one day or break it into a two day drive? Thinking of going to Lamont's afterward? Maybe we could go down together. Interested?

Madonna
    2018 RT Limited Champagne Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydeRider2010 View Post
    I do HOPE... that BRP will have various vendors from the area and from Spyder friendly accessories participating. LACK of vendors was a HUUUUUUGE disappointment at the last Maggie Valley event. this is an owners event motorcycle rally. let's have some motorcycle vendors !!!
    Not likely to happen. This is BRP's event, put on for us, for free, to celebrate their products and our ownership. If you want aftermarket vendors, you'll have to go rogue (there have been a vendor set up off-site, unofficially), or attend a different event. Sorry!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default What the heck

I have also just registered for my first owner's event. Wife doesn't know we're going yet, but she will soon enough
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default HERE WE COME DRAGON

We are registered and reservations are made at Best Western in Maggie Valley. Hopefully we will get to go on the Dragon this year, last time it rained the whole last day we were going to ride it. At least we have many miles under our belts this time around.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RAYYOU View Post
    We are registered and reservations are made at Best Western in Maggie Valley. Hopefully we will get to go on the Dragon this year, last time it rained the whole last day we were going to ride it. At least we have many miles under our belts this time around.
    As much as I'd like to ride the Dragon.......... I get motion sick. I don't need more photos of me keeled over on the side of the road.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Default http://visitmaggie.com/

This should help those in need of a place to stay

http://visitmaggie.com/

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Hey guys, I'll be at the Comfort Inn and it will be great to see you again. Hope to share the Dragon and some of the other roads with you, for sure.
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Default Registered ???

Went and registered for the event with my wife listed as a guest, But at the end the registration listed only '1' registered. If we show up and she's not registered, I'm in trouble. Should I go ahead and register her separately?
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    Went and registered for the event with my wife listed as a guest, But at the end the registration listed only '1' registered. If we show up and she's not registered, I'm in trouble. Should I go ahead and register her separately?
    I went and checked my confirmation and it says '1 registered' wonder if Mark is in trouble

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    I went and checked my confirmation and it says '1 registered' wonder if Mark is in trouble

See post #28

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...317#post576317

Spyder Garage

So excited. Let the madness begin. I was all registered and hotel booked last time and I had to cancel. I am going to try and make it this year though!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydeRider2010 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Not likely to happen. This is BRP's event, put on for us, for free, to celebrate their products and our ownership. If you want aftermarket vendors, you'll have to go rogue (there have been a vendor set up off-site, unofficially), or attend a different event. Sorry!
    With Scotty. It is always an issue but since this is sponsored by BRP, they have the right to not allow vendors and only focus on their products. Sorry George, but Spyderfest would be the route as well as other rallies.

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    We stayed there during the last MV owners event and it is just as good as she said... They even walked our dog while we were out touring!
    Dawn and her husband are a nice couple. Our dogs, as well as Clueless' dog Reggie was well treated. But I think this year we are taking another route...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Made room reservations this morning at the Comfort Inn ............it might be a little higher in cost but it includes a "hot" breakfast (biscuits and gravy, eggs, waffles, etc. ) so I guess it is worth it! Can't wait........now I have something to look forward to after Spyderfest and NO WORK INVOLVED!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Penny and I are registered. Have a room at the Parkway Inn just outside of Waynesville. Five and half miles to the Fairgrounds.

We plan to get in late in the afternoon on Thursday and then head over to the Fairgrounds. How late do things usually run? Are there any food vendors at the Fairgrounds?
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

DT, last time there was a food vendor with dogs and burgers, was kind of pricey. They are not connected to BRP.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Rain wasn't the word for it. That was a frog strangler. We took the truck over to Cherokee. Stopped at a coffee shop next to the river, thought the river was going to run it's banks. There were lots of wrecks that day too.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    DT, last time there was a food vendor with dogs and burgers, was kind of pricey. They are not connected to BRP.

All food vendors at fairgrounds are "kind of pricey".
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights