GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Couldn't Resist the urge....

Today, I went to my Can-Am dealer to set up a service appointment for Smurfette. Just want to make sure she's all ready for the season, with fresh new oil, and any service bulletin/recall issues are addressed. Right up front, they had a 2013 ST LTD. Just for giggles, I sat on it. You know you've been bitten by the bug, when all you've done is sit on one, and think about the mods and farkles that could be done! Right away, I noticed a potential issue on the right side. This model had the floorboards installed. Maybe it's just something that one would get used to, but I saw that the location of the brake pedal was in a location that would practically force the rider to put their foot underneath the fender to apply the brakes. In a panic or sudden stop situation, that might become extremely dangerous! Is that something that could be adjusted??? Not that I would even think about getting a new ryde, (at least not until the addition of a sixth gear, and bringing up the cc's a bit), I just wanted to hear from my fellow Spyderlovers!!!

Spyder Garage

Have yet to sit on any of the 2013s because I know that ST is going to call to me. Stock, it's nearly set up exactly how I have modded my RS only with better brakes and an easier on the knees seat position. I'm afraid of the temptation.

Oh, I know I will sit on one eventually. When I take my RS in for spring service, there is sure to be one in the showroom. Not sure how I'm going to resist. But, I really should resist.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Today, I went to my Can-Am dealer to set up a service appointment for Smurfette. Just want to make sure she's all ready for the season, with fresh new oil, and any service bulletin/recall issues are addressed. Right up front, they had a 2013 ST LTD. Just for giggles, I sat on it. You know you've been bitten by the bug, when all you've done is sit on one, and think about the mods and farkles that could be done! Right away, I noticed a potential issue on the right side. This model had the floorboards installed. Maybe it's just something that one would get used to, but I saw that the location of the brake pedal was in a location that would practically force the rider to put their foot underneath the fender to apply the brakes. In a panic or sudden stop situation, that might become extremely dangerous! Is that something that could be adjusted??? Not that I would even think about getting a new ryde, (at least not until the addition of a sixth gear, and bringing up the cc's a bit), I just wanted to hear from my fellow Spyderlovers!!!

Hi smurfette, Yes I noticed this too that the brake is kind of hidden to far forward in my opinion. That is the one thing I didn't like.

Spyder Garage

Default New model...!!

We will find out more I'm sure as the new owners get some miles on the new models. First year productions are the guinea pigs and there will be mods coming out soon...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

In a very early post when the ST was announced some one had mentioned the floorboard collapse in an emergency braking situation. Haven't seen on in person yet, hell haven't seen my own RT in while still hiding from the snow and scared to come out

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The shopping is always fun; it's the buying that can get a bit costly!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just watching to see who and when somebody will succumb to the test sit syndrome. (TSS)
    These are not the droids I seek. These are not the droids I seek.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black