Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default What mods have you customed designed or re engineered for your spyder?

I know there are lots of custom built or rebuilt mods out there for us project minded spyder riders to work on. I am not speaking of mods out of the box unless it was not intend for this use and you were able to work with it. So while I have a long list of mods, for example I will list some of the ones I built or altered to work:
    1. Small aluminum hanger bracket that clips to dash panel to hold drive grab bag
    2. Driver grap bag modified to hold on with suction cups (use this for the small things like trash, window rag, place to stuff gloves etc)
    3. Aluminum bracket that spring clams on center of dash to intall my video camera or other such equipment
    4. Home made mud flab

So let me see what you have come up with , small or large

Thanks,
    Randy

Spyder Garage

Great idea for a thread.

I am not mechanical, so will sit back and watch what kind of neat stuff is out there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Installed weatherproof USB port on dash so I can plug in my Portable GPS, phone, IPod. Also installed mirror mounted turn signal LED's.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's not nailed in place yet... but I've got a Stebel Nautilus that's gonna need some tinkering to fit!
    That's on the pile; after the RonBar and GloRyders
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What parts on that Spyder haven't you dug deep into??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Here's a couple..!!

412000_10151148004642385_1435422581_o.jpg 20130108_113326.jpg 20130108_113301.jpg 20130124_121535.jpg
    Luggage rack mounted to back rest, front grille, fog and driving light, switches for light, park brake extension, working on some others will post pics as they are completed.
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default "custom" ipod holder

Don't want to take all the credit on this one... my idea came from someone else on the forum. I refused to pay some 50 bucks for the BRP ipod holder, so I fabbed my own. I used an old web strap cut to length, removed to 2 screws on the right side of the inner frunk, pushed the screws through the strap, and hung an old blackberry case with belt hook on the strap. Best part, it was totally free as I had all the necessary party collecting dust in the house.
    IMG_0592.jpg
    Last edited by Dib52; 02-08-2013 at 03:57 PM.

2011 Spyder RT A&C SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I know there are lots of custom built or rebuilt mods out there for us project minded spyder riders to work on. I am not speaking of mods out of the box unless it was not intend for this use and you were able to work with it. So while I have a long list of mods, for example I will list some of the ones I built or altered to work:
    1. Small aluminum hanger bracket that clips to dash panel to hold drive grab bag
    2. Driver grap bag modified to hold on with suction cups (use this for the small things like trash, window rag, place to stuff gloves etc)
    3. Aluminum bracket that spring clams on center of dash to intall my video camera or other such equipment
    4. Home made mud flab

So let me see what you have come up with , small or large

Thanks,

Randy

I was the first to add rubber and suggest that John do the same.

SealFloorboards originaly came with no rubber

I tried many different designs

I was going to ask John to rename them SealTicketfloorBaits, but choose not to pursue.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I cleaned the back with mud flap to keep trailer clean na fabricated a flag holder for Patriot Guard Missions.
    IMG_5233w.jpg
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Custom Knight Rider

Custom Ground Effects

Hockey Stick Rig

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

modified my RT muffler to sound like a motorcycle.

RT muffler mod

Being an ex-harley guy I thought my RT sounded like a well made sewing machine, not acceptable. I took the stock muffler, band sawed it into thirds. Then took a cutting torch and burned EVERYTHING out of it. After welding it back together I took it to the local muffler shop and had them burn a hole in the end, insert a 2 1/4 inch pipe all the way up to the cat connection. welded the pipe securely at the rear of the muffler. I have had it ceramic coated (heat resistant). I did not use the rear cover on the muffler, But I did have the front heat shield coated as well. The sound is great & the look ( with good welding, and the ceramic coating) is quite good I think. get 12 inches past the end of the muffler with the pipe. I have run mine 5k mi since the modification with no temp. problems. no codes thrown. This I believe is because the oxy sensor is in the cat. and not in the muffler.-----Budro
    $50.00 muffler bought on line (just in case)
    $75.00 cutting & welding
    $100.00 at muffler shop
    $107.00 coatingGEDC0188.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Not exactly a big deal, but at least 3 people that have similar trailers wanted info on type and installation of this gas can on my trailer.

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I first ride my 2012 RT SE5 I found that the brake pedal was to small so I made a mod and

replaced it with a regular automotive disc brake pedal. Sorry I can't find a way to post a picture for everybody

to see. I tried.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    412000_10151148004642385_1435422581_o.jpg 20130108_113326.jpg 20130108_113301.jpg 20130124_121535.jpg
    Luggage rack mounted to back rest, front grille, fog and driving light, switches for light, park brake extension, working on some others will post pics as they are completed.
    I Like that Front Grill ! Is it over the plastic or does it let in a significant amount off air?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sarge707

It's over the plastic. This way the air flow is more direct to the two radiators on either side..
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    Trunk mounted aux fuel tank
    Interesting...

Can you share where you got it, or how you built it ?

...Ben...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I made my own drink holders out of a bike water bottle holder and a desk pen cup from Walmart.

Passenger Cup Holder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ignoring general lighting?

Custom fender running/brake lights + turn signals whilst preserving the reflector.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360387717.657120.jpg

Custom cargo webbing is saddlebag and trunk lids. I think i might have been the first to do this...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360387781.411837.jpg

Custom dash mount 12V accessory outlet. My console garage door opener might be in here somewhere too.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360387832.429997.jpg

Battery tender pigtail connection under front hood
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360387889.109336.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Arr MiHardies; 02-09-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, I am inpressed! Funny now sometimes the smallest of mods can make a huge differnence safety, usefullness or looks. I am looking forward to what more will be posted.

Thanks,

Randy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Savant,
    VERY nice!
    I'm not a fan of the arachnid motif; but that is very stylish! Are you considering prodution and marketing??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rear cargo carrier for chairs,cooler,tent ,ect

made a bracket to fit a hitch ,so i can use this rack that came of one of my harleys, works great ,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have carried out several mods to my Spyder RT-S SE5 2010 Model

Here I have posted the Heading + the link where these can be found on SpyderLovers website

The links will supply some photo's and also comments and suggestions made by other members with ref to the Mod posted hope these help

See this link

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-links-to-mods
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Savant,
    VERY nice!
    I'm not a fan of the arachnid motif; but that is very stylish! Are you considering prodution and marketing??
    Has of now no. At Savant Mfg we are booked up and we thank God for that. Maybe one day.