Spyder Garage

Default Another Story about Bajarons new Sway Bar for 2012 RT's

I know several blogs have been written about this after market anti sway bar,but I felt I needed to write my experience after installing one.My riding is always two up because my wife loves the Spyder so much she insists on going with me when ever I ride.For the last year I have had the stock shocks set on #5 position to try and reduce the sway in turns and improve the stability.Monday after installing the sway bar my wife and I took a 150 mile run through some of the sharpest corners on a mining road in North West Arizona.All I can say is WOW!!! and my wife kept saying this is a new Spyder with great handling.We liked the ride over this road so much that we turned around and did it in reverse.We are both in our seventies and we installed the sway bar in just over two hours,a piece of cake!!!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nice write up, congrats on your mechanical prowess. We lived in AZ. for quite a few years, beautiful place, especially to ride & play golf!

Wayne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is this sway bar for the rt or the rs and who makes it

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greatrides View Post

It's for the RT & BajaRon is a site sponsor he has several items for all spyders & their ryders!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ron them for both the RS and RT. See his ad on the home page.

Spyder Garage

I make a performance sway bar for both the RS and the RT. If you own a 2008~2012 Spyder, I've got a sway bar for it.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ron,
    It's not "a" bar; it's THE bar!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Ron,
    It's not "a" bar; it's THE bar!
    That's easy for you to Sway
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a 12 rs and I'm starting to play with it. Sport rack back rest pipe power commander so now time for better handling I will check out your sit ....home page right

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default The Best..

Totally agree it's like a new ryde...way to g Ron..
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I have a 12 rs and I'm starting to play with it. Sport rack back rest pipe power commander so now time for better handling I will check out your sit ....home page right
    You can click on the link below to go to my sponsor page. Or you can go to the Home Page here on Spyderlover's and click on my banner add (copy below). The pictures shown are for the RS bar. But the RT bar is similar enough so you can get a good idea of what it looks like (RT bar is Gloss Black), and what is involved.

You do not need to remove the Frunk to install the Sway Bar. But it makes for better pictures.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/bajaron.jpg

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Sway Bar or Elka Shocks for 2012 RT Limited? Which should I do First?

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I make a performance sway bar for both the RS and the RT. If you own a 2008~2012 Spyder, I've got a sway bar for it.
    I ride two up most of the time. I weigh 260 and Jan is 160. Currently have the factory shocks set on #5. Would you recommend the sway bar or the Elka shocks? I cannot afford to do both.

Thanks,

Gary

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

"The Bar " is a lot cheaper so more bang for the buck!

Spyder Garage

I installed "The Bar" a month ago 18 PSI in the front tires, shocks set at 5, one up or two up riding. The Spyder is a different machine, as I said in a previous thread, it handles like it's on rails. I don't see a need for further suspension modifications. This is how the machine should have handled out of the factory.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You guys are killing me. Mine is on the way and I am ready to put it on. If I get half of what you guys say you got I will be thrilled, totally beside myself if I get all of what you guys are saying. I already have the Elkas and car tires so not sure if I will get as much bang for the buck. If I can back off the spring compression on the Elkas and still have better handling with "THE BAR" I will buy Ron a steak dinner if I ever have a chance.

Spyder Garage

Default In Reverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Montery View Post
    I know several blogs have been written about this after market anti sway bar,but I felt I needed to write my experience after installing one.My riding is always two up because my wife loves the Spyder so much she insists on going with me when ever I ride.For the last year I have had the stock shocks set on #5 position to try and reduce the sway in turns and improve the stability.Monday after installing the sway bar my wife and I took a 150 mile run through some of the sharpest corners on a mining road in North West Arizona.All I can say is WOW!!! and my wife kept saying this is a new Spyder with great handling.We liked the ride over this road so much that we turned around and did it in reverse.We are both in our seventies and we installed the sway bar in just over two hours,a piece of cake!!!!!!

You did 150 miles of sharp corners in REVERSE? Man, I want me one o' them swaybars!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have both and would definitely recommend the bar - first! Then when you have the $$$ do the shocks too.
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default sway bar

Folks,

I installed the Baja Ron sway bar and installed 2011 RT shocks on my 2011 RS Spyder - all I can say is wow what a different in performance handling. I ride with my BMW buddies and we were in some heavy twisties and high speed mountain roads - I stayed right up on them tight - the set up (#5 on RT shocks) really hugs the road - I hear there some other mods different angles shocks at upcoming Spyderfest Im looking at. Always looking for new performance modws -

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Montery View Post
    Didn't that wear out the reverse gear?
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RON is the man

Yep you need to get this sway bar, I would make it my first investment to makes, what a better and safer ride,better in the wind , cross winds ,ect its hard to believe what the difference is ,we ride two up and the wife is impressed on how better it handle ,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StriperKing View Post
    You guys are killing me. Mine is on the way and I am ready to put it on. If I get half of what you guys say you got I will be thrilled, totally beside myself if I get all of what you guys are saying. I already have the Elkas and car tires so not sure if I will get as much bang for the buck. If I can back off the spring compression on the Elkas and still have better handling with "THE BAR" I will buy Ron a steak dinner if I ever have a chance.
    He'll be accepting free meals in Missouri this April...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Another Story about Bajarons new Sway Bar for 2012 RT's

The bar is frikken incredible! I just did an iron butt yesterday and this morning from Virginia Beach to Miami, and it simply Would Not Have Been Possible without Ron's bar! ROCK steady at 80 mph on uneven stretches of Interstate 95 next to semi trucks! Do Not buy the shocks until you try the bar first!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Mind blowing

So,
    I installed theswaybar on my wife's RT yesterday. When I was done, I spoke to Ron on the phone regarding the bar. He was open, and explained the difference between the stock swaybar and his.
    i needed this info because my bride always questions what I am doing to her ride now. She often tells me to "go play with your harley" when I'm "fixxing" her RT.
    Based on my very limited seat time on the spyder, to and from gas station, Ron said I may not be able to tell the difference.
    Holy crap, was he wrong. I took it for a short test run, and I was amazed how much nicer it was. I can't wait until the boss tries it for herself.
    This is the best mod I have done on this or her older rs.
    THANKS RON

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Installed..........................!:>)

All I can say is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! If you don't do this up grade, IT'S YOUR LOSS!! Thanks Ron