Thread: COMMS QUESTION

Spyder Garage

Default COMMS QUESTION

I've been using a wirefree comms system. During the summer it took it's firse rainstorm and one of the units quit working. I called the company and they said I needed to replace the mic. Yes, at my cost!!!! I argued that they advertise the system can be used in the rain but I didn't win. I have a dozen helmets and hate to get another but what is your opinion of the Can-Am helmet and comm system? My husband and I each have an RT and prefer talking to each other when riding (he gets lost a lot, lol). Is the Can-Am system more reliable then the others? Do you find being pluged in a problem? The system I have is voice activated but I see the Can-Am is push to talk, is that a problem? Any opinions would be appreciated before I sink a ton of money into it, yet again.

Twin Peaks in VA

Spyder Garage

What brand do you currently have?
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The Bluetooth system that BRP sells is really a sena.
    Friends used a bluetooth system until it died in a fierce rain storm,they switched to the wired BRP comm system and have no problems with it. I am leaning toward the wired BRP comm system to be installed this spring

Spyder Garage

Default Interphone F5

I have a pair of these and they work great bike to bike. Many miles in the rain with them without issue.

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Spyder Garage

We have the Scala system. The first hard rain storm. one of the mics quit. Scala refused to replace it because of rain. It's a motorcycle helmet system, hello.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TwinPeaks View Post
    We have the Scala system. The first hard rain storm. one of the mics quit. Scala refused to replace it because of rain. It's a motorcycle helmet system, hello.
    Amazing, simply amazing that they treat a customer that way. Scala will never get a second look from me in the future and I will be sure to pass the word.

Thanks,

Randy

Spyder Garage

I have been using Scala for the last five years or so. Never had a problem with the units not working in the rain. I have never had to deal with them over a problem, so cannot speak to that situation. Our mikes are inside the helmet--full face and modular.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have the BRP wired system and am generally satisfied with it.
    It is VOX, although if you have the CB radio turned off, the PTT button will work the intercom as well.
    With the CB on, the PTT operates the CB, and the VOX activates only the intercom.
    You cannot get the intercom without purchasing the full radio and CB system, so it's a bit costly.

I've said this before, so forgive me for sounding like a broken record.
    When it comes to bluetooth communication.............I have enough of those damn vampire chargers connected to computers, pads, phones, Ipods and the like.
    I don't need to worry about charging up my motorcycle helmet also. Especially if I'm on a long trip and staying in cheap motels.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey