Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Got any long trips planned for the Spyder?

I know a lot of us do day trips but do you have any overnighters planned for you and the Spyder?

Right now I have a trip out west planned but that could all change with my son graduating from his school in the Marine Corps and then him getting married. I thought I had it all worked out but the fam has to come first if you know what I mean.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Got any long trips planned for the Spyder?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster
    I know a lot of us do day trips but do you have any overnighters planned for you and the Spyder?

Right now I have a trip out west planned but that could all change with my son graduating from his school in the Marine Corps and then him getting married. I thought I had it all worked out but the fam has to come first if you know what I mean.
    Got the first overnighter planned, but it is not a long trip, only about 45 miles each way. Our BMW club has their 35th annual rally scheduled for May 3-5. The Spyder will make the trip, whether my wife rides it, or I do. I have already tested my Bagman soft saddlebags on it. With the passenger seat bag, trunk, tank bag, and a Helen 2 Wheels bag, it will carry everything necessary. Love motorcycle camping. I can hardly wait.
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Wijllie

500 mile trip to Bodensee region southern Germany a geographic point where Austria and Switzerland starts also.
    We visited this region the last 4 years (with car) and its absolute fantastic. This year first year with 'bike'.
    Will be 500 miles to there, about 200 miles riding around and 500 miles back so toghetter about 1200 miles trip.
    Food, people and nature are superb.

http://www.bodensee.eu/Int_Region_Bo...?ActiveID=1251

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wijllie#381
    500 mile trip to Bodensee region southern Germany a geographic point where Austria and Switzerland starts also.
    We visited this region the last 4 years (with car) and its absolute fantastic. This year first year with 'bike'.
    Will be 500 miles to there, about 200 miles riding around and 500 miles back so toghetter about 1200 miles trip.
    Food, people and nature are superb.

http://www.bodensee.eu/Int_Region_Bo...?ActiveID=1251
    That should be a great ride. In 2002 I rode from Parid France to Frankford Germany and we took 10 days to do it. That was the trip of a life time, I love riding in the old country.

Make sure you take a lot of pics.

Wijllie

That should be a great ride. In 2002 I rode from Parid France to Frankford Germany and we took 10 days to do it. That was the trip of a life time, I love riding in the old country.
    Make sure you take a lot of pics.
    The older parts of the country there are awesome, much medieval, the Alps are lurking behind the shoulder and the best of all tourism is low. I have Gigabytes of pictures from the last 4 years and this year I'm gona making a HD movie about the trip and the region. The cam takes also great pics so I will take also pics of the best moments to make a journal for the website. The lake is about 100 miles tall and not to deep. Every year we hire a speedboat which is my second beloved machine after a motorcycle/Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Very cool :bigthumbsup:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Semper Fi to your son and congratulations to you both. My son is in Army basic right now...proud but a little nervous.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This summer my girlfriend and I plan to ride up the coast from Southern California (Long Beach) to Northern California/Big Sur. This is really a dream ride along the coast, with stunning views all along the way. I think the Spyder is the ideal vehicle for this trip. Not sure of the exact miles, but it should be about 7 hours each way. I'm hoping that Ken or Corbin will have saddlebags done by then so we can camp out a few nights along the way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy
    Got the first overnighter planned, but it is not a long trip, only about 45 miles each way. Our BMW club has their 35th annual rally scheduled for May 3-5. The Spyder will make the trip, whether my wife rides it, or I do. I have already tested my Bagman soft saddlebags on it. With the passenger seat bag, trunk, tank bag, and a Helen 2 Wheels bag, it will carry everything necessary. Love motorcycle camping. I can hardly wait.
    -Scotty
    If that is the one in Holly that you mentioned, we will see you there. We only live about 20 minutes or so from there and it will be a nice afternoon after church on Sunday. If it is Sat and Sun, maybe we can get together for dinner on Sat. night. I will talk to you soon. By the way, it sounds like my husbands Spyder should be here sometime this coming week.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang
    If that is the one in Holly that you mentioned, we will see you there. We only live about 20 minutes or so from there and it will be a nice afternoon after church on Sunday. If it is Sat and Sun, maybe we can get together for dinner on Sat. night. I will talk to you soon. By the way, it sounds like my husbands Spyder should be here sometime this coming week.
    Sorry Deb,
    Our 35th Annual Original Mini-Rally, sponsored by the BMW Club of Battle Creek, is the same weekend as Holly. As a result, I have only been able to attend the Fall Rally at Battle Alley, in Holly. Our Rally is held at a little campground in Sturgis, MI. All makes of bikes welcome. Big doings this year in honor of our 35th rally anniversary. Hot dogs Friday, pig roast Saturday, band, games, door prizes. Let's hope for good weather. Did I mention that I love motorcycle camping?
    Read the news on the possible arrival of your husband's Spyder in another thread. Congrats. Now he is on pins and needles. Isn't it fun!
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just did an short overnighter to Phoenix for AZ bike week - 475ish miles R/T.

Planning an early June road trip to Wisconsin. That will be a minimum of 4,000ish miles R/T - if I do all super slab, which I will not do. I plan to do as many scenic routes as possible over the 3 week trip.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    Semper Fi to your son and congratulations to you both. My son is in Army basic right now...proud but a little nervous.
    Thanks, I have two boys in the Marines and one that is planning on going in next year. I'm with you on the proud and nervous thing. Give your son my best and thank him for me. :bigthumbsup:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am planning on riding from Iowa to Alaska in July-August. I plan on going up through Banff-Jasper and then return on the Alaska Marine Highway from Haines to Prince Rupert, B.C.

I am going to need to buy a good windshield, saddle bags and trailer hitch before I go, so I really enjoy all the products being discussed on the forum.

Has anybody got enough miles to estimate if I will need new tires before 10,000 miles? I know I will have to have the Spyder services in Canada and want to check if they stock new tires.

#1967 Silver

Spyder Garage

I have 6000 KM's on mine (since Nov 21st) with no indication of any wear. I'm guessing 30,000 isn't unreasonable to expect.
    Mark

Mark "Spyderman" Adams
    ------------------------------

Spyder Garage

I have 5500 and my rear is alot closer to the wear bars than I thought it should be. I don't think I'm going to get 10K out of my rear, not sure on the fronts.

Spyder Garage

I have 5500 and my rear is alot closer to the wear bars than I thought it should be. I don't think I'm going to get 10K out of my rear, not sure on the fronts.
    Umm, Lamont, most of us haven't put ours through the abuse so far that you have. LOL :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

I have been emailing with Spyder owner Pat C., she is starting out in May to hit 48 states...finishing up in August. Maybe she will be driving by your way?
    Carol Smead
    2010 RTS Blue, gone but not forgotten
    Former owner of 2008 PE #1032 Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trypod
    Umm, Lamont, most of us haven't put ours through the abuse so far that you have. LOL :bigthumbsup:
    I don't abuse my Spyder, I love my Spyder, it's tuff love though. ;D

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Lamont
    Is that 5500 miles or kilometers? Maybe we need to use dual units 10,000 miles 16,000 kilometers?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

yeah, if momma aint happy , YOU aint happy :a20:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McGone
    Lamont
    Is that 5500 miles or kilometers? Maybe we need to use dual units 10,000 miles 16,000 kilometers?
    That would be miles I'm in East TN. :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I have two boys in the Marines and one that is planning on going in next year. I'm with you on the proud and nervous thing. Give your son my best and thank him for me. :bigthumbsup:
    And to both of you, Lamont and Bohica, may God bless and protect your sons, and all those serving to secure our way of life and freedom. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
    Kindest regards,
    Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

I don't abuse my Spyder, I love my Spyder, it's tuff love though. ;D
    :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director
    And to both of you, Lamont and Bohica, may God bless and protect your sons, and all those serving to secure our way of life and freedom. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
    Kindest regards,
    Bruce
    I agree. Please thank them for the sacrifices they make on our behalf.

Spyder Garage

Default ALASKA TRIP

Quote Originally Posted by McGone View Post
    I am planning on riding from Iowa to Alaska in July-August. I plan on going up through Banff-Jasper and then return on the Alaska Marine Highway from Haines to Prince Rupert, B.C.

I am going to need to buy a good windshield, saddle bags and trailer hitch before I go, so I really enjoy all the products being discussed on the forum.

Has anybody got enough miles to estimate if I will need new tires before 10,000 miles? I know I will have to have the Spyder services in Canada and want to check if they stock new tires.

#1967 Silver
    JUST WONDERED IF YOU EVER WENT TO ALASKA?