Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Default What was your first motorcycle?

1985 Suzuki katana 600

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is the wifes first 2 wheeler. She bought it and I painted it for her. It's a 09 Yamaha Vino125.

J. D.

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

My first was a 2002 Yamaha Warrior. After that a 2008 Yamaha FJR 1300. Love our Spyder but wish it had the FJs power.

Spyder Garage

Default My First Ride

My "First Ride" was a 1965 Yamaha Big Bear Scrambler. It was one of the biggest bikes in town at the time, things have sure changed in 48 years. Did my first wheelie on this bad boy.........did my first over backwards in front of the high school at get out time on this bike as well. Yea, that got lots of cheers! Lots of road rash too. Had many bikes since most of them were Yamaha. I am riding a 1994 Vmax now but have my new 2013 RT Ltd ordered for spring delivery. Looking forward to the Spyder get togethers. Going to Ontario Spyder Riders Roadster Rally on Ottawa this July this will be my first event.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by jScotD View Post
    Honda 175 SL.. so I stop.. long haired 140 lb hippy dude.. and said // whooo.. tell you what.. you take my bike and go find your friends with a truck to get your bike,, I'll stay with yours till you get back.. he looked at me like I was crazy.. but took me up on the offer..

"You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

in 1969 I was 16 years old and got a 50cc Kreidler Florett, followed in 1970 with a 100cc Zundapp, 1971 a Jawa 350, 1972 a Kawasaki 750 H2.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

My very first was a 1937 Indian just like the picture shows... I was in Magee Valley and went to the cycle museum and my bike was there. ( well, it sure looks exactly like it )
    I acquired the Indian in 1951 from a Tire, wheel/frame alignment shop in Beatrice, Nebraska shortly after I graduated from High School in Coffeyville, Kansas in 1950 for a price of $650. I sold the bike 5 years later for $2,250. I now wish I had kept it as I asked the Museum owner what would he sell this one? ready... sit down, He said " I have one bid on the bike for $105,000". Oh well !

MyFirstRide.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just got sent some incriminating photos from a college partner in crime...
    Here's that AeromacchiDavidson... Once we decided that it was no good on the street, we found out quickly that it was equally lousy in the dirt...IMAG0024.jpg
    Next is my first DECENT dirtbike... a 1980 Kawasaki KX 250. Basically their KX 125 MXbike with the 250 4-stroker shoehorned into it. the lack of a helmet; I thought I had nothing worth saving in that noggin'. Maybe that is what has contributed to how I turned out! IMAG0020.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 1966 Sears Allstate Moped

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I just got sent some incriminating photos from a college partner in crime...
    Here's that AeromacchiDavidson... Once we decided that it was no good on the street, we found out quickly that it was equally lousy in the dirt...IMAG0024.jpg
    Next is my first DECENT dirtbike... a 1980 Kawasaki KX 250. Basically their KX 125 MXbike with the 250 4-stroker shoehorned into it. the lack of a helmet; I thought I had nothing worth saving in that noggin'. Maybe that is what has contributed to how I turned out! IMAG0020.jpg
    Those later Sprints were pretty useless, but the original horizontal cylinder ones were neat rides. They also made good racers...road race, scrambles, TT, and flat track. Many a champion got started on them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This was wasn't "pretty" useless; the term "completely" comes to mind as being more accurate...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A 1965, 55cc Yamaha.
    mtbear