Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default AAA, Your Thoughts

I've never had AAA before, but they sent me an offer in the mail and it seems almost too good to be true. $57 for one year of service in any vehicle I'm riding in. Even if I'm a pasenger, rental, Spyder, whatever. This covers tows for any reason, locked out of car service, jump start, and other minor stuff. Im in Nevada and its common for me to be over 100 miles from any town. One tow would cost more than several years of service. Can any of you with AAA experience tell me if this is legit, or am I jumping into a bunch of hidden charges ?

Spyder Garage

I think that's pretty much correct. We've used AAA for a dead battery at least twice. Also covered when called to have tire changed in my garage. You can get maps or "trip tics" any time to any place. I think it's a good deal...

Spyder Garage

Default AAA

My wife and I have been a member of AAA for over 20 years. We have had to use them for flat tire , run out of gas, tow to dealer, etc. Well worth the yearly fee in my opinion. Just like insurance. You think it's a waste of money 'till you need it!

2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I have had AAA coverage and have found to be a fair deal. Also decent hotel discounts with membership. Tows are limited to certain mileage, I believe. I had jumps and son had roadside service over the years.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

AAA plus is needed for towing a motorcycle. They were handy after accident.

Spyder Garage

As I recall that basic Membership is only good for 5-10 Miles tow to nearest station? AAA does NOT tow Spyders any longer in C onnecticut . Get the Specifics from a Knowledgeable Represenative in your State before you Buy????

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default The greatest

We have had AAA for 20 years or more, been towed 100 miles unlocked the van etc. You also get discounts at theme parks hotels, motels movies etc. It pays for itself
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Patti and I have had AAA for 15 years. We would not leave home without it. We have used it many times, I like that it follows you not your vehicle. If you own a motorcycle or pull trailers be sure and get the AAA plus.

enjoy the ride
    Allen & Patti

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

$ 57/ year is a good deal.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Default AAA, Your Thoughts

I have the AAA Premier RV membership and for me it is a good deal and worth the money. I receive 1 free battery replacement per year if needed (which they just replaced) and 200 miles of free towing in case the Spyder goes down.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SporterSpider View Post
    I have the AAA Premier RV membership and for me it is a good deal and worth the money. I receive 1 free battery replacement per year if needed (which they just replaced) and 200 miles of free towing in case the Spyder goes down.
    I too have the premiere with the RV/Motorcycle in California, and you get one 200 mile tow plus 4 additional 100 mile tow, In a year. They send a flat bed. I have used it 4 times to have bike taken to dealership and once for gas in Texas. The other advantage is you can do most DMV services with them also.Time is $$

Spyder Garage

It sounds like AAA could be a good deal if you need emergency road service of any type.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm not only a "premier member" of AAA, but my home and two cars are insured through AAA. Additionally, AAA subbed out my spyder insurance to Progressive. As you can see I'm a big fan of AAA.

Chris

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We have had AAA for over 10 years. Very well pleased with them. We recently went with the AAA rv and have used it once to have the Spyder taken to the dealer for repairs, and no problems. The Tour books and maps come in handy also. Also the discounts on lodging, etc.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I prefer AA... The Christmas parties are out of this World!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C3517C View Post
    I've never had AAA before, but they sent me an offer in the mail and it seems almost too good to be true. $57 for one year of service in any vehicle I'm riding in. Even if I'm a pasenger, rental, Spyder, whatever. This covers tows for any reason, locked out of car service, jump start, and other minor stuff. Im in Nevada and its common for me to be over 100 miles from any town. One tow would cost more than several years of service. Can any of you with AAA experience tell me if this is legit, or am I jumping into a bunch of hidden charges ?
    Theres nothing like peace of mind in an undesirable time and situation when on the road. I'm a 25 year member and the service is nothing short of outstanding. I upgraded to the RV/motorcycle sometime before Durango and I'm glad I did. My bike broke its clutch hub on "poop out hill" just west of town coming home, then they set me up with a rental car while my bike awaited parts and repairs. We have saved mucho pesos on motel rooms, cruise vacations, entertainment, etc. just remember the tow trucks that come out to help you are NOT AAA employees. I have heard of extortion and gouging when it comes to spare gas. I am not clear on the rules when it comes to the gas. AAA does promise to deliver the fuel, enough to get you to the next gas station, but not sure if its free or not. Plus you get free tow in ANY vehicle, whether you own it or not, as long as you're there to sign for it. Recently, however, I had an exception in your very city. My son in law is a quadriplegic and I allow my daughter to borrow my truck for out of town visits. They were at the Nevada Clinic for an all day appointment. Her brother in law was the driver and co-caretaker and went back to their hotel. He called me to tell me he locked the keys in the truck when it was time to pick them up. I asked what do you want me to do, ryde my bike 2-1/2 hrs in 45 degree weather to open the door? I told him to call my daughter who had AAA. Key people came out but since my daughter was not there to sign, they were under no obligation to open. The circumstances were explained and the door was opened I assume with a slim Jim. AAA is the next best thing to sliced bread.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I have AAA, For my cars/trucks, The last time i had to use them was way back in the 90's {knock on wood}
    Never had a problem with them With my bikes/Trike i have AMA, Foremost, HOG, I never had to use any of them either. But with my ex Spyder many times i had to use my Two Sons towing , I found they were the best,{or their out of the will] Fast but grumpy service.

Spyder Garage

Default 3 NITES

AAA = GOOD DEAL...
    if you spend 3 nites at a hotel, the discount you get from being an AAA member will pay for your $57 fee... just on hotels alone, i'll save $300 - $500 each year...

i've been with them since 1967, and have had no issues with them...
    SAM_0319.jpg

Spyder Garage

So, here's what I found out about AAA for me (at least in Missouri). For Premiere for both my wife and I, it runs about $135 per year. I read somewhere that Premiere covers recreational vehicles; however, when I called them to confirm this it proved not to be true (at least for Missouri). I'd have to fork over additional money to cover the Spyder. We changed to Good Sam that covers everything for a much cheaper price.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AAA Plus/RV - covers my vehicles and bikes. Guess I'll have to check if the Spyder is classified as a bike or not. In any case I've saved on the times I needed roadside assistance and hotel discounts.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    AAA Plus/RV - covers my vehicles and bikes. Guess I'll have to check if the Spyder is classified as a bike or not. In any case I've saved on the times I needed roadside assistance and hotel discounts.
    Boy wouldn't it be nice if it was not classified as a bike? In California the Spyder is classified as an automobile. Therefore you do not need a special MC permit operate the vehicle. Any three wheeled vehicle in California is considered an automobile. Even two wheelers with a sidecar. As long as that sidecar is attached to the motorcycle I don't know if it's still considered a motorcycle. However as far as AAA is concerned the Spyder is not an automobile. So we are back to the beginning: what in the world is the Spyder ? By the Way, AAA will not cover the trailer towed behind the Spyder ... Unless your tow truck operator does not report the trailer, it is considered a hitch hiker. So you have a trike which is not considered a bike, but is considered an auto but is not considered a car, as far as the state is concerned. Confused yet?
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I'm not only a "premier member" of AAA, but my home and two cars are insured through AAA. Additionally, AAA subbed out my spyder insurance to Progressive. As you can see I'm a big fan of AAA.

Chris
    USAA?
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AAA is very nice to have. I used it many times on spyder with tow and fuel but Nevada aaa doesn't provide service for motorcycle. I have Cali aaa and two times I had to have spyder towed in nevada, they wanted me to pay out of pocket and submit reimbursement form. Nevada aaa eventually sent tow trucks both times after many calls back and forth with Cali and Nevada aaa.

Motorcycle tow is limited to 100 miles even if you have premier membership and no coverage for locked key in the trunk for motorcycle. I broke down on the way to Vegas once and had to get a tow to state line than call for another tow to Vegas to split almost 200 mile tow into two...
    Last edited by aka1004; 01-15-2013 at 02:53 AM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HedonismBot View Post
    So, here's what I found out about AAA for me (at least in Missouri). For Premiere for both my wife and I, it runs about $135 per year. I read somewhere that Premiere covers recreational vehicles; however, when I called them to confirm this it proved not to be true (at least for Missouri). I'd have to fork over additional money to cover the Spyder. We changed to Good Sam that covers everything for a much cheaper price.
    We have the Good Sam also and have never had a problem. They also do not have a mileage limit on the towing. It says "To the nearest Authorized Dealer" which in the case of the Spyder could be lots of miles.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default UP-CHARGE FOR SPYDER. FLATBED REQUIRED.

Quote Originally Posted by C3517C View Post
    I purchased AAA road service last summer, and was charged an extra premium because a SPYDER CANNOT BE TOWED. It requires a flatbed truck or trailer. It wouldn't hurt to check your policy, 'cause you don't want to have to find that out along side the road.
    I'm just sayin'.
    Ride safe,
    CapNCrunch