Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default blue tooth

Does everybody have the BRP helmet headset, or does this connect to any bluetooth head set? I purchased the BRP wired headset with my 2011 RT Limited but when we lost communications (200 miles into a 3700 mile trip) during vacation (2011), I purchased a pair of Scala G4 head sets so the wife and I could communicate the rest of trip. The wire harness was replaced and the wired head sets work okay now, but I would prefer the bluetooth. I am interested in the Dongle since we already have the blue tooth head sets. Any information on this?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by minerdoug View Post
    Does everybody have the BRP helmet headset, or does this connect to any bluetooth head set? I purchased the BRP wired headset with my 2011 RT Limited but when we lost communications (200 miles into a 3700 mile trip) during vacation (2011), I purchased a pair of Scala G4 head sets so the wife and I could communicate the rest of trip. The wire harness was replaced and the wired head sets work okay now, but I would prefer the bluetooth. I am interested in the Dongle since we already have the blue tooth head sets. Any information on this?
    Yes it will work with any bluetooth headsets. A great place to buy the dongle is Bert's Mega Mall (site sponsor). I got mine for $212 with the spyderlovers 15% discount and free shipping and it came within just a few days.

Good job Bert's!

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Default I like your idea....

I have been following this thread closely and can't wait to purchase. Now time for questions:

On the Sena site:

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product...b_menu=package

This appears to be an updated version of what BRP is selling and on Amazon it is $110. The only item that is not included in the Sena package is the part referred to as "P3 Audio Adaptor (for vehicles without multifunction harness)"

I do have a multifunction harness (no CB) and what purpose does this part play? Just curious as I can save $150 bucks (an Amazon Prime member) if I go with the item from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonsden View Post
    Well I finally got this installed on my 2011 RT AC (no CB). After taking the covers off I decided I didn't want it in the frunk. It just didn't make sense to put it there so I put it in the trunk along with the ipod and other electronics I carry. I used the mounting bracket for the ST (it comes with 2, one for the RT and one for the ST) and put it in the middle of the back wall of the trunk. I coiled up the extra cable and stored it behind the right rear speaker where the radio attenna is. I took the right speaker off and it was a short run then from the radio to the trunk. The thing that confused me the most about this install was where to plug it in on the radio. There is a harness plugged into one side of the radio and you pull a little cap off to expose the plug for the dongle to plug into. It is right beside the existing wiring that is already plugged into the radio. It works really well. The radio, ipod, and the Garmin all are bluetoothed to the helmet now. You can go into the radio settings and turn off the external speakers which is what I did. I took some pictures in case anyone was interested. Any questions let me know.

Spyder Garage

I have the cb so anxious to hear from someone if it works with it. Also, in laymans terms how would I use this? Can I communicate with other drives with my existing mike? (Given that I do not want to give up my cb)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Swindle View Post
    I have been following this thread closely and can't wait to purchase. Now time for questions:

On the Sena site:

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product...b_menu=package

This appears to be an updated version of what BRP is selling and on Amazon it is $110. The only item that is not included in the Sena package is the part referred to as "P3 Audio Adaptor (for vehicles without multifunction harness)"

I do have a multifunction harness (no CB) and what purpose does this part play? Just curious as I can save $150 bucks (an Amazon Prime member) if I go with the item from Amazon.
    The part you really need that is not provided by Sena or at Amazon I think is P2, the dongle harness. That is the wiring that lets you connect it to the spyder. That piece and the P3 audio adapter is why most will have to purchase it from BRP. Especially P2. Also I purchased mine from Bert's Mega Mall (site sponsor) and with discount and free shipping got it for $212. Good deal I think.

Mods:
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    TackForm Phone Mount

Spyder Garage

Default From the Sena Rep here in OZ

The SM10 needs the interface/connector cable (whatever you want to call it) and it is available direct from SENA. It is in their latest update to suppliers. Only became available last Friday. Au $29.95. SMH10 has also been updated with the SMH10R which I understand has variable vox setting and no jog wheel. SMH10 does not have variable vox. SMH10R is compatable with previous models. Mainly designed for sports bikes looking for a sleeker unit. I am not the rep but have been on the phone to them in the last 24hrs trying to see if they could get me the equivalent set up that BRP are offering and they can. The only thing it wont come with is the RT mounting bracket.

Robby

Spyder Garage

More info when you get it please
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Default Adding BRP Bluetooth Dongle - Questions Answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The SM10 needs the interface/connector cable (whatever you want to call it) and it is available direct from SENA. It is in their latest update to suppliers. Only became available last Friday.
    Please let us know if you get a Sena Part #

...Ben...

Spyder Garage

Default Dongle power

Is the Dongle powered by the Spyder? Or does the battery need to be charged? I just bought a new 2013 RT Limited with the dealer installed Dongle and the SMH10 headsets. Dealer was unable to get the headsets to pair with the dongle. Any tips would appreciated. Even tried another new dongle and could not get it to pair. Dealer is going to contact BRP or Sena next week for help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by can-am sam View Post
    Is the Dongle powered by the Spyder? Or does the battery need to be charged? I just bought a new 2013 RT Limited with the dealer installed Dongle and the SMH10 headsets. Dealer was unable to get the headsets to pair with the dongle. Any tips would appreciated. Even tried another new dongle and could not get it to pair. Dealer is going to contact BRP or Sena next week for help.
    Yes the Dongle is powered by the spyder. I can't imagine having trouble pairing. I have done mine several times and it has been easy and fast every time. Good luck and let us know what the problem was.

Mods:
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    TackForm Phone Mount

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well I finally got this installed on my 2011 RT AC (no CB). After taking the covers off I decided I didn't want it in the frunk. It just didn't make sense to put it there so I put it in the trunk along with the ipod and other electronics I carry. I used the mounting bracket for the ST (it comes with 2, one for the RT and one for the ST) and put it in the middle of the back wall of the trunk. I coiled up the extra cable and stored it behind the right rear speaker where the radio attenna is. I took the right speaker off and it was a short run then from the radio to the trunk. The thing that confused me the most about this install was where to plug it in on the radio. There is a harness plugged into one side of the radio and you pull a little cap off to expose the plug for the dongle to plug into. It is right beside the existing wiring that is already plugged into the radio. It works really well. The radio, ipod, and the Garmin all are bluetoothed to the helmet now. You can go into the radio settings and turn off the external speakers which is what I did. I took some pictures in case anyone was interested. Any questions let me know.

I see a lot of cabling in the trunk, which I where I would want to put it. I don't like that. How much of that can be hidden or is not necessary?
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    I see a lot of cabling in the trunk, which I where I would want to put it. I don't like that. How much of that can be hidden or is not necessary?
    The cable on the left is running from the 12volt outlet and it runs my heated jacket. I remove it during the summer. The one on the far right is the standard ipod cable. What you see in the center are the required cables for the radio and power to the dongle. If you mounted it on the right side of the compartment you could probably hide most of it behind the speaker.

Mods:
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    TackForm Phone Mount

Spyder Garage

The cable on the left is running from the 12volt outlet and it runs my heated jacket. I remove it during the summer. The one on the far right is the standard ipod cable. What you see in the center are the required cables for the radio and power to the dongle. If you mounted it on the right side of the compartment you could probably hide most of it behind the speaker.
    Seems to me they should have made that required cabling much tidier. The right wall is where I velcroed my ipod mini to the side of the trunk, so wouldn't be a bad place to put it I guess.

Spyder Garage

Please let us know if for sure you have to remove BRP cb radio to use this bluetooth adapter! I find it strange that BRP would add to the radio system a feature that requires removing part of the system.
    thanks Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by recordingguy View Post
    Please let us know if for sure you have to remove BRP cb radio to use this bluetooth adapter! I find it strange that BRP would add to the radio system a feature that requires removing part of the system.
    thanks Bob
    I don't have the CB but I don't think you do have to remove it. I think they removed it in the drawings to show a better view. I think if you have the CB you just won't use the part P3. That is the way that I understand it. Am I 100% sure, NO.

Mods:
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    TackForm Phone Mount

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The instructions say to remove the CB module, but do not mention re-connecting it. For anyone with a CB, I would contact BRP before buying to make sure you do not loose the option of the CB.
    Chuck

Spyder Garage

Default Adding BRP Bluetooth Dongle - Questions Answered.

Just ordered my dongle today. Based on this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Default SM10 Sena adapter part #...

Quote Originally Posted by MtlBen View Post
    Please let us know if you get a Sena Part #

...Ben...
    I just got off of the phone with SENA and they claim that the only adapters they have to connect the sm10 to the Spyder are the 7 pin DIN type. Has anyone come up with a part number for the dongle that will connect directly to the radio, and supply power as well as audio?
    Dave
    Never leave well enough alone! (Raymond Loewy)

Spyder Garage

Default Still waiting for the call to say its here

Quote Originally Posted by sinkhole View Post
    I just got off of the phone with SENA and they claim that the only adapters they have to connect the sm10 to the Spyder are the 7 pin DIN type. Has anyone come up with a part number for the dongle that will connect directly to the radio, and supply power as well as audio?
    What you have stated is correct Sena have produced a DIN style interface which will connect the onboard audio (if you have it fitted) to the SM10, which will let you hear the onboard system if you have the SMH10. Lyonsden has been down this path and it all works. Am still waiting for my package to arrive here in OZ. When I finally get it I will post what is marked on the packaging if that helps, could be another week or so. If that is too long you may want to contact Dave - site sponsor to get the lowdown.

Robby

Spyder Garage

I saw a post asking about using non Sena Bluetooth headsets with this dongle setup. I have the Scala (G-9). Is anyone using this with the new dongle and how does it work? Any info would be great!

Spyder Garage

What you have stated is correct Sena have produced a DIN style interface which will connect the onboard audio (if you have it fitted) to the SM10, which will let you hear the onboard system if you have the SMH10. Lyonsden has been down this path and it all works. Am still waiting for my package to arrive here in OZ. When I finally get it I will post what is marked on the packaging if that helps, could be another week or so. If that is too long you may want to contact Dave - site sponsor to get the lowdown.

Robby
    so if you buy the SM10 and the SENA cable directly from SENA it will allow the onboard radio to be used via BlueTooth?
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdale46 View Post
    I saw a post asking about using non Sena Bluetooth headsets with this dongle setup. I have the Scala (G-9). Is anyone using this with the new dongle and how does it work? Any info would be great!
    you should be able to pair any devices with BT via the dongle

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    so if you buy the SM10 and the SENA cable directly from SENA it will allow the onboard radio to be used via BlueTooth?
    You need the BRP cable. I doubt sena makes a cable with the proprietary connection that plugs into the radio unit. It will let you listen to the radio/ipod via your bluetooth headset. My understanding is anything that comes out of the speakers will come out through your headset, though I may be mistaken there. I only have radio/ipod, so I can't tell you about gps or cb (listening only if it works at all, no speaking).

Spyder Garage

Default Yes you can get the interface cable from SENA

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post

Yes the interface/bridging/ what ever you want to call it din style cable is available direct from SENA. Yes you need this to connect the SM10 to the onboard audio. This then connects via BT to the SMH10 which will give you intercom/gps/phone and onboard audio (if fitted) All BRP has done is get a package from a third party, have it branded by them with their logo and sell it as a product with their logo on it and charge a crap load more for it. This package is not available from OZ BRP dealers. In OZ we have no choice but to either import the whole BRP system from the US or go straight to the horses head and get it via our SENA importers here in OZ. Unfortunately still waiting for the package to arrive via the SENA reseller here in OZ.

Robby

Spyder Garage

Yes the interface/bridging/ what ever you want to call it din style cable is available direct from SENA. Yes you need this to connect the SM10 to the onboard audio. This then connects via BT to the SMH10 which will give you intercom/gps/phone and onboard audio (if fitted) All BRP has done is get a package from a third party, have it branded by them with their logo and sell it as a product with their logo on it and charge a crap load more for it. This package is not available from OZ BRP dealers. In OZ we have no choice but to either import the whole BRP system from the US or go straight to the horses head and get it via our SENA importers here in OZ. Unfortunately still waiting for the package to arrive via the SENA reseller here in OZ.

Robby
    Well I looked at the cable that Sena shows and it looks nothing like the one from BRP for the dongle. The one from BRP hooks up to the radio itself and the one from Sena looks like it plugs in where the ipod does. If it does, where would you plug in your ipod? I have the dongle kit from BRP and I got it from Bert's Mega Mall (site sponsor) for $212 freight included. Is there really that much savings? I wouldn't think so.

Mods:
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    TackForm Phone Mount