Spyder Garage

Default Defects on Frunk Lid

When I bought my RT new it had very tiny white bumps along the hood line that forms the "V"...the molded in line on either side. I thought it was wax from the dealer but then I tried cleaning and realized it was in the paint, tiny white spots on the high point, both sides about 20-30 on one side, about 15 or so on the other. They were so small I did not bother but as of late, the upper ones are actually flaking off when I clean and taking a speck of paint with them leaving a tiny repeating pattern that resemble paint chips. I showed my dealer and he could see where the remaining specs are and where the others have flacked off and is going to see about getting a replacement from BRP. Just wondering if any one else has had this flaw? There are several other flaws in the paint but this is like nothing I have ever seen before. It resembles dust specs but they are only on the crest and are white, not the silver color of the bike.

Regards,

Randy

Spyder Garage

Please keep us posted on what you do and the fix thereoff.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had to have panels replaced on both my RTs because of imbedded dirt particles, flaking paint, or moisture caused flaws. It is best to note these flaws immediately, and have the dealer correct them ASAP...or at least put them on a service order or your receipt. After you leave the dealer, it can be hard to get cosmetic flaws repaired under warranty. I hope your dealer and BRP take care of you.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck, and please let us know how this issue is resolved!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black