Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder's new partner

Spyder gets a new partner eliomotors.com ORDERED TODAY WILL NOT GET IT UNTIL NEXT YEAR.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Very Cool !!!!!!!

I visited their web site bur cannot find out what size the motor is.
    Last edited by Marker; 01-07-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like it and I want to have it(her).
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

I saw those. They will be classified as a motorcycle to get around the safety laws for cars, I wonder if they will require you to wear a helmet and have a motorcycle license? The price is right and if they come to market at the $7K mark and get the mileage they say I may pick one up too. http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...gm-truck-plant

Home Page http://www.eliomotors.com/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Very Cool !!!!!!!

"It isn't clear exactly what engine and transmission the car uses, but Elio Motors says 84 mpg is possible in highway driving, with a 60 mpg average."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Very Cool !!!!!!!

3 cyl inline.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlee View Post
    3 cyl inline.
    Where did you see that other than the comment on the youtube video? It's not on their webpage that I can find.

Spyder Garage

I like it....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

same here, found no specs, but front wheel drive was mentioned and a very interesting concept. Spyder RT SE5 with front wheel drive? BRP watchout

Spyder Garage

specs are listed on their facebook page. 3 cyl inline. 70 hp top speed just over 100
    Marilyn

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Who cares about the mechanicals? It's cuter than Roger and Glo's alpacas!
    Thanks for the link; I'm gonna have to do some shopping...
    "What? No Honey; I ain't shopping!" (I'm just looking!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Where did you see that other than the comment on the youtube video? It's not on their webpage that I can find.
    Facebook

Happy Sunday! Thank you all so much for your questions and comments. Here are some answers for the more popular questions:

We will power the vehicle with an inline 3 cylinder, 1 liter, 70 HP, fuel injected, DOHC gas powered, liquid cooled automotive engine. The transmission will be either a 5-speed manual or automatic. The top speed is in excess of 100 MPH, and the 0-60 speed is under 9.6 sec...onds. The engine is in the front and it is a front wheel drive vehicle.

We will have 3 wheel disc brakes with ABS on 15" wheels. The suspension is independent, unequal length control arms, coil over spring and shock in the front and Mono shock with coil over spring and shock in the rear. The ground clearance is 5.75".

The body panels are made of composite which will be attached to a stiff body which will lead to a quiet cockpit experience.

The trunk space will be at least 27" x 14" x 10", enough for a airline carry on bag, and will be able to accommodate a golf bag with the rear seat down (47"+).

Heater, defrost, A/C, AM/FM radio, three airbags, seat belts, tempered glass, windshield wiper, are all standard equipment.

We will be providing some CAD renderings of the interior shortly. We want to make sure that what we send out is accurate to the final product, and the current mule doesn't have a production ready interior. Stay tuned.

The vehicle will be made in America, Shreveport LA is the location of the plant. We will be creating 1500 American jobs at the plant starting in the spring of 2014.
    Absorb what is useful, use no limitation as limitation

Spyder Garage

The $6,800 price is fantastic.

I am seeing some red flags though. Listen to the ad: Help America, buy one, make new jobs for people. Be a part of history being made.

I am going to hang onto my money until I can go down to the dealership and kick tires. They are asking for deposits prior to production. The end result of that can mean they decide not to build them and you are out your deposits because they file for bankruptcy. I had the same thing happen on show tickets for Vegas last month. Booked three shows through a booking agency and it turns out they filed bankruptcy a month later. Tickets not accepted by the venues. Fortunately for me, my CC company got me a refund anyway. Caveat Emptor ("let the buyer beware").

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make that a "Ditto" here...
    But I wish them the best of luck and hope that they can bring it to market!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The $6,800 price is fantastic.

I am seeing some red flags though. Listen to the ad: Help America, buy one, make new jobs for people. Be a part of history being made.

I am going to hang onto my money until I can go down to the dealership and kick tires. They are asking for deposits prior to production. The end result of that can mean they decide not to build them and you are out your deposits because they file for bankruptcy. I had the same thing happen on show tickets for Vegas last month. Booked three shows through a booking agency and it turns out they filed bankruptcy a month later. Tickets not accepted by the venues. Fortunately for me, my CC company got me a refund anyway. Caveat Emptor ("let the buyer beware").
    Some of the promo rings with some of the too good to be true elements we have seen before. I would like it to be legit but will sit back and see what develops. 5 star safety rating I HIGHLY doubt....
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

6800, How does the saying go; When pigs fly.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well let's wish them well and hope for the best...

Spyder Garage

Wouldn't buy the 1st model year, but a couple of years down the road??? That is a neat looking go buggy!!!!
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Spyder Garage

I can't say I'd like that and only for the same reason that I wouldn't like to own the more expensive versions of such a vehicle like the T-rex and any other mentionable's and mostly that is the vehicle is so low to the ground you have no line of sight. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would give up one of the only things that makes motorcycling safe to drive a faux motorcycle.

I just see the whole exercise, even for want of them saying that they will meet 5 star safety standards, that you may as well pick one in your favorite colored coffin then they wont have to bother transferring you into another receptacle after the bus or truck runs over you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

From the limited amount of information available; I couldn't tell what format seating it offered...
    Solo? Side by side? conventional bike-style?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Too good to be true< $7k

Spyder Garage

RE: seating--I believe it was mentioned as side by side with a fold down seat in the back for storage.

I am thinking "very cozy" in there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Didn't Motor Trike have something like this, Stalion, Ford 2.3, auto. A lot more money and didn't last very long. Saw one last year and they were kinda neat..

Spyder Garage

Am I the only idiot on this forum that put down a deposit?