Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New BRP Adj. Wind Deflectors

2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting. I got some for Christmas, but haven't put them on since I can't ride anyway, due to the snow and salt.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: How tightly do they hold their positioning?
    theysure like they're moving to the top of my long list of "gotta haves!"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Neither of you guys has the Baker Air Wings? I'm surprised. On second thought, maybe there's not much I'd be surprised about, with either of you.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Default New BRP Adj. Wind Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Neither of you guys has the Baker Air Wings? I'm surprised. On second thought, maybe there's not much I'd be surprised about, with either of you.
    I so agree with you DocRags. LOL

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Me???
    The Baker-Builts would make it tougher to get the cover to fit!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nice! What do they cost?

Spyder Garage

I have the baker air wings including the inner wings on my RT with the now old fashioned obsolete static wind deflectors.

Changing these out to the new more modern fashionable latest adjustable wind deflectors would really complete the wind control and enhance the baker set.

I'm going to swap out the wind deflectors and also put on the new wind screen with the vent this spring for complete air flow control.

The vent in the windscreen makes a huge difference in wind management and buffeting, at least that was my experience with the vent on the Goldwing.

ok I admit I have wing envy.

harry.

btw. Bob, the full cover stills fits with the baker wings, not sure if that made it tougher to put on or not but it does fit.
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

$127.00 for clear. Seem tight enough, there are cutouts that lock it into position.

wing4.jpg
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

What a great idea. I like the look of these!

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

Where did you find the vents - wouldn't consider the Bakers, but like the BRP version, as they are similar to the BMW vents.

I checked the on-line store, and they are NOT listed??????
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The vents are listed in the 2013 Parts Catalog. Clear Part # 219400362 $149.99; Chrome Part # 219400413 $189.99 Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the part numbers! time to call the dealer and get into some trouble!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    $127.00 for clear. Seem tight enough, there are cutouts that lock it into position.

wing4.jpg
    Where did you find them for $127--everyone seems to want list price for them
    2012 Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post

wing4.jpg
    Thanks, Steve!
    I didn't know how they were securing them. I had visions of a knurled thumbwheel that required tightening...

Spyder Garage

I have the Baker air wings which does help some for sure. I don't really like the look, but getting air is more important to me, so they will stay on for now. I did however take off the OEM deflectors this summer and that did bring a bit more wind to the body. So, these adjustable ones would be more convenient for sure.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

I have a pair but I haven't installed them yet been busy with work and the holiday season. The clear ones are more of a frost color than clear, I will probally put them on this weekend.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Removal and installation the same as the OEM parts; just the two screws?

Spyder Garage

You just replace the two screws with new ones that are included.

My dealer (Malcolm Smith) gives the local SRA 15% discount. Bert's Mega also gives a 15% SpyderLover discount.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 01-05-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! I was just a bit concerned that they'd want us to support the new piece with more hardware due to it's relative complexity.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

NICE add on - I just flat out removed the stock air deflectors as I like the extra wind on those hot days (seems like a lifetime ago for the HOT weather with it being a whopping 18 degrees here today and the spyders are all tucked in for their winter hibernation till spring).
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I saw these deflectors at the dealers this weekend, slick setup. Install time should be about 60 seconds each. . I didn't like the chrome finish much though but it was a little dark in the showroom that night.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since I've already got the chrome deflectors on mine; upgrading to the new chrome adjustable ones would be the best way to avoid detecton by The Missus!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Since I've already got the chrome deflectors on mine; upgrading to the new chrome adjustable ones would be the best way to avoid detecton by The Missus!
    That's true Bob, until you adjust them the first time. Dale

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Ah, Bob is a fellow "closet farkler" (that sounds bad) - I am running out of opportunities to say "it's been that way for a while." And then the next thing I hear is "when are you adding them to my machine??" (as I have said before - the farkling and mods is nice and all but when you have two machines it usually ends up costing double for every mod or farkle I am avoiding the seats with backrests for good reasons
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips