Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I appreciate all of you who want to "camp"!!!

My idea of camping..... includes lights, bed, running water (with a toilet you can easily flush) aka Comfort Inn.

To those of you who want to "rough it"... go for it.. I will take the comfort of someone else making my bed and giving me fresh towels every morning!!!

see you in Ozark MO!!!
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

pitbull

So take it I don't need to buy you a sleeping bag

Spyder Garage

I'm on a tight budget. Especially since I became retired this year, not by my choice if you know what I mean?
    I could bring the slide in camper but that would mean leaving the Spyder at home. Why bother coming at that point? The Outfitter Apex 8 has a toilet, stove, frig with freezer for ice cream, A/C, furnace, sinks, a shower and a queen size Select Comfort bed....sleep number 45.
    I'd leave that at home to be with my Spyder friends and sleep in the bed of my Tundra and Stumpy would sleep in the cab. The Spyder would be trailered.

I would love to sleep in a hotel! Who's paying? Hello? Anyone there? I think I'm hearing crickets? Thought so.

Camping is in my budget...barley at this junction. So, I choose camping. I can also stay longer if I camp vs a hotel.
    I can enjoy some of my other hobbies while camping also.

Unless something better comes along, I'll be at the KOA Springfield which is rated 9.0/9.5*/8.0
    I can also share a site if it's big enough to help defray costs of both parties. Hope you like my ferret?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you Pitbull for continuing to accommodate us. I wouldn't mind the commute from Branson, but I don't want to stay too far away from the 'fest action.

Like Cavman, I'm on a tight budget. I've reserved at Comfort Inn, but would prefer to save some bucks and enjoy more of the festivities and eat a little better. If the tent camping comes thru there'll be an opening at the hotel for someone!

I really appreciate all the work y'all in Mo are doing. This will be my first 'fest and can't wait to meet all of you.
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 01-04-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Camping

We stay at the Koa and is great place just 6 miles west of x-65 look at koa on line? That's where staing when we get in town .

Spyder Garage

Default Which one????

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Ozark camp ground right now seems to be the best for RV camping close to location and easy access, working hard on the tent camping..... Don't book yet if you got a tent, I'm working on something pretty cool I think but rest assure I'm doing my best to take care of all of you.
    Which Ozark camp ground are you talking about?

Ozark Highlands Mhc/RV Park in Springfield
    Ozark RV Park in Ozark

some other places to check out

Paradise In The Woods RV Park & Campground - 2481 Grier Branch Rd, Strafford, MO 65757 (417) 859-2175
    Lat, Lon: 37.27112, -93.10089, about 15 miles from Host hotel and almost all interstate has tent camping according to internet, I have never used it.

Just for information, I was born and raised in Marshfield, Mo, my parents house is only 27.5 miles from the hotels, so that is why I know the area, but now I live in Milton, FL, but still have many family members in the area, like a cousin in Ozark, and many high school friends in and around the Springfield area.
    Last edited by Erags; 01-05-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There is NO sleeping at Spyderfest. Red Bull, Monster, Expresso and for Forrest, Hot chocolate will keep you all going for the whole event.

Spyder Garage

I like camping, but it can get inconvenient for one-night stands on a long trip. It also tends to shorten both ends of your day, with setup and tear-down, and possible weather complications. Finally, it really cuts down on luggage space. We will continue to camp some of the time, but for this trip we will be motel wimps, to save us a couple of days of travel.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

pitbull

Talking

The ozark mo ozark camp ground, it's fine for RV's for tent camping Thr koh might be the way to go, but working on some tent camping for folks that's really close to the vendors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erags View Post
    Which Ozark camp ground are you talking about?

Ozark Highlands Mhc/RV Park in Springfield
    Ozark RV Park in Ozark

some other places to check out

Paradise In The Woods RV Park & Campground - 2481 Grier Branch Rd, Strafford, MO 65757 (417) 859-2175
    Lat, Lon: 37.27112, -93.10089, about 15 miles from Host hotel and almost all interstate has tent camping according to internet, I have never used it.

Just for information, I was born and raised in Marshfield, Mo, my parents house is only 27.5 miles from the hotels, so that is why I know the area, but now I live in Milton, FL, but still have many family members in the area, like a cousin in Ozark, and many high school friends in and around the Springfield area.

Spyder Garage

Default You miss understand!

Quote Originally Posted by Joanie View Post
    I appreciate all of you who want to "camp"!!!

My idea of camping..... includes lights, bed, running water (with a toilet you can easily flush) aka Comfort Inn.

To those of you who want to "rough it"... go for it.. I will take the comfort of someone else making my bed and giving me fresh towels every morning!!!

see you in Ozark MO!!!
    Joanie, I agree that hotel camping is very nice. And it's not even the money with us since we are not yet retired. We can just work a little harder and make up the costs. With us its just nicer when we know who and what's gone on in our bed. (AKA) Bed Bugs! And
    having your own bathroom is pretty cool too. Our drinks are cold with all the comforts of home. And best of all if the weather turns bad
    we have a garage to put the Spyder. You and Kevin might want to come check it out and have a glass of wine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

And I would hate to give up my 4 hi def TVs that my "camper" with 14' garage gives me.

Spyder Garage

Default KOA

Quote Originally Posted by Spacetrucker View Post
    We stay at the Koa and is great place just 6 miles west of x-65 look at koa on line? That's where staing when we get in town .
    Judy and I decided to put a reservation in at the KOA. That's where we will be if anybody wants to join us.

Spyder Garage

Wife and I will be staying @ The Ozark RV Park, they have full hook-ups, that's all I need. We have a BIG slide in truck camper with central AC, heat, microwave, flat screen, full bath, stocked fridge, all the comforts of home and will be towing a 24' enclosed garage.

Thanks Len for all your hard work, good luck on your new business venture "I'm sure you'll do great".

Can't wait for the "new adventure to begin".

Spyder Garage

Paradise in the Woods is rated 8.0/8.5*/7.5 in the Trailer Life Directory.
    They do allow tents.
    Last edited by Cavman; 01-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Spyder Garage

Just to note, the Springfield KOA has Cabin/Cottage rentals (7) for those who don't have a camper.

Spyder Garage

I have reserved a tent spot at koa in Springfield, but that can change if someone comes up with a better place.

Spyder Garage

KOA is a fine park. We use it all the time when come thu to Springfield , and the caves here .they are great people to deal with and are happy to have all of us coming to the fest able. Talk to them and like I said the are happy. This time year is very slow and the will help in any way they can, to you and me and all. Ok zkoa koa koa come on in or come all over....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    Unless something better comes along, I'll be at the KOA Springfield which is rated 9.0/9.5*/8.0
    I can also share a site if it's big enough to help defray costs of both parties. Hope you like my ferret?
    I may take you up on that. I'm waiting to see what Mogang comes up with. If there's enough 'festers staying there it would be worthwhile to me for the Syderfest experience - and it would certainly save some bucks!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I like camping, but it can get inconvenient for one-night stands on a long trip. It also tends to shorten both ends of your day, with setup and tear-down, and possible weather complications. Finally, it really cuts down on luggage space. We will continue to camp some of the time, but for this trip we will be motel wimps, to save us a couple of days of travel.
    Ummmm, this is our first Spyderfest and I know everyone says how fun it is but do you care to clarify?
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

SpaceTrucker, tell me about the caves? I know that most of the "wild caves" are closed to "outsiders" per emails I got from some of the local cavers last year.
    I had posted an inquiry on the TAGnet about local caves around Cuba, MO. TAGNet is a daily email sent out to cavers.
    Thanks....

Spyder Garage

Their isa club that has cave they will take you on . But during that time of the year water is hi in most off caves .latejune is the best thu oct before Raines come back in. They have some tours around this part of mo that have some great caves to go thu. Look on springsfield tours page and the tell you about some of them here. And done in Branson to and Joplin also Lin the lower part south of there.

Spyder Garage

Also mo has a lot of dif caves around the state to go to. Maps on line show you all the caves in mo,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    Judy and I decided to put a reservation in at the KOA. That's where we will be if anybody wants to join us.
    I guess we will be going with you an Judy if the invite is still there.

Spyder Garage

Default I Won't be camping on this one

I had been pondering on my lodging there during Spyderfest 2013, was going to pull my toy hauler trailer up with my gasalcoholic truck(6 mpg) while towing up there and back, looking at $600 in fuel costs round trip. Or renting a cabin at KOA for $350 for 6 nights, no running water or kitchen, no private bathroom. It was my choice not for hotel lodging. But I did find a fully furnished rental cottage with everything for $250 a week in the historcial district of Springfield about 2 miles away from the hotel lodging where most of the ryders will be. If the weather is good I will ride up from Alabama on my RT, fuel costs will be about $80 one way, overall trip should be at about $500 excluding on the mods that will be added to my while there. See yall there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyguy View Post
    I guess we will be going with you an Judy if the invite is still there.
    I think it would be fun times will need to figure out some sleeping arrangements that works for the both of us.