Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Camping

Just going to put this out there and see where it goes. But looking to see where SL members will be camping. I'm not really ever been
    in this area so kinda in the the dark on camp sites.
    Thanks for reading this post!
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Default RV, camping

I asked the same question as we travel in a motorhome. Only one park listed at www.spyderfest.com so far. Was told that MoGang will look into other options/parks in the area. Google and Yahoo searchers came up with multiple parks in and around Springfield. Hope that someone in the area can give us a heads up on good parks close to meeting sites. Cancelled my reservation at Ladybug, hated to do it as they were in a great location and very friendly with nice facilities.

Spyder Garage

Found the following when I started looking for a campsite....

There seems to be no large campgrounds close to the area where we will be. There is a KOA in Springfield but as usual kinda pricey and very much in the city. The Timbercrest campground has several very bad reviews but it is the most convenient to the event hotels area.

There are two smaller campgrounds (RVs only) not far from Ozark that have full hookups but are like camping in a parking lot. One is in Ozark and the other (Stage Stop RV) is near Lamberts Cafe. We will miss the LadyBug Campground this year!
    Last edited by cjackg; 01-05-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's pretty much what I've found out. I'd prefer to tent-camp, but haven't found any viable places yet. So I have a reservation at Comfort Inn, and will keep looking.

The guy at Stage Stop in Ozark said the closest tent camping places are in Branson, or at state parks near Branson.

If I find anything, I'll let ya'll know.
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 01-02-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    Found the following when I started looking for a campsite....

There seems to be no large campgrounds close to the area where we will be. There is a KOA in Springfield but as usual kinda pricey and very much in the city. The Timbercrest campground has several very bad reviews but it is the most convenient to the event hotels area.

There are two smaller campgrounds (RVs only) not far from Ozark that have full hookups but are like camping in a parking lot. One is in Ozark and the other (Stage Stop RV) is near Lamberts Cafe. I made a reservation there.

We will miss the LadyBug Campground!

I think Timbercrest has been one suggested. And I also seen the reviews which took me back to shopping. I wonder if any upgrades have been done since those reviews? This is such a nice area surprised there aren't more places around it for camping. Thanks for the info.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question Teddy & I will be keep'n an eye on this thread as well

As others have stated, we too are going to miss LadyBug, good location & sites & even better people. Hopefully someone finds & lists one of the hidden gems in the area that can make all of us Happy Campers

If such is discovered, Teddy & I usually try to find other SpyderLovers to share a site with if anyone is interested. Its just him & I in our lil Moto-Mate camper we'll be towing behind his Spyder. We don't take up much room, but be forwarned, Teddy DOES attract allot of attention

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    As others have stated, we too are going to miss LadyBug, good location & sites & even better people. Hopefully someone finds & lists one of the hidden gems in the area that can make all of us Happy Campers

If such is discovered, Teddy & I usually try to find other SpyderLovers to share a site with if anyone is interested. Its just him & I in our lil Moto-Mate camper we'll be towing behind his Spyder. We don't take up much room, but be forwarned, Teddy DOES attract allot of attention
    Dave yours always welcome at our campsite. Just let us know if you want to hook up. But not sure where yet.

Spyder Garage

All, Thank you for your comments and assistance. We do have someone who is going to go by and visit Timbercrest so we all will know what the area is really like. This will hopefully be completed in the next few days and we will let everyone know.

Thank you again. This is just what it takes, all of us Spyder lovers helping each other.

SpyderLady

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Campsites found!

I've been doing some research on campgrounds for tenters. There are lots of rv parks and campgrounds near Branson, but it's about 1/2 hour away from Ozark, so I was looking only at those not too far away or on the opposite side of town.

So far I have found two:

>> Jellystone Park, 11020 E. State Hwy 76, Forsyth, Mo; 888-892-1559. http://www.jellystonebranson.com/
    They have up to 50 tent sites at $29.90/night. I talked with them briefly and got the idea they'd do better for a group thing. According to my iPad map app, it is 33.8 miles or 47 minutes to Ozark.

>> The Wilderness at Silver Dollar City, 5125 State Hwy 256, Branson, Mo; 800-477-5164.
    http://www.thewildernesslogcabins.com/
    I didnt talk to them, but per their web-site, their tent sites are $22/night and they allow 2 tents per site. There is an extra charge for extra people. According to my iPad map app, it is 32.8 miles or 41 minutes from Ozark.

There are a couple others that I left messages with. I'll post them here when I get anything new.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I was looking forward to camping and a bit frustrated that I may not get to try out my new tent. The closest state park seems to be about 45 minutes from the host hotel, and like many the only campground listed shares a trailer park and has bad reviews. KOA wanted around 27 bucks a night for a basic tent site!? The KOA site did mention having 2 spots on each site so splitting a site may be the most viable option as long as the grounds are nice.

Seems like it was moved to avoid people driving 30 minutes to get to and from hotels without too much consideration taking towards camping folks. Hopefully their is a gem we are missing.
    Last edited by serf; 01-06-2013 at 09:13 AM. Reason: fixed autocorrections made by phone

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by serf View Post
    I was looking forward to camping and a bit frustrated that I may not get to try out my new tent. The closest state park seems to be about 45 minutes from the host hotel, and like many the only campground listed shares a trailer park and has bad reviews. KAO wanted around 27 bucks a night for a basic tent site!? The KAO site did mention having 2 spots on each site so splitting a site may be the most viable option as long as the grounds are nice. Seems like it was moved to avoid people driving 30 minutes to get to and from hotels without too much consideration taking towards camping folks. Hopefully their is a gem we are missing.
    Starting to look like the only chance of a campground that has both RV & tent sites plus full facilities is going to be around Branson but that is over 35 miles from where the main group will be staying in hotels near Springfield. Not looking very good for campers.... We sure enjoyed staying at the Ladybug with their great setting and facilities for everyone.

I may resort to staying in a hotel...

Spyder Garage

I have reservations at the KOA Springfield. It's rated 9.0/9.5*/8.0 which is great. I got hook ups. Will be sleeping in the back of my Tundra and trailering the Spyder.

Stumpy will attract attention but not as much as Teddy.

Do a web search for Trailer Life Directory and see what is listed. Hope this helps?
    Last edited by Cavman; 01-02-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Phone number for the KOA in Ozark MO

Phone number please. At one time I was able to find a listing but now Google search only turns up KOA's in Springfield and Branson. Called the Branson number and asked if there was a KOA in Ozark. Reply we are the closest KOA to Ozark. There were a few KOA's listed for Lake of the Ozarks. Perhaps they are new to KOA. My old trailer life book (2008) does not list one in Ozark either.

Places for KOA near Ozark, MO

KOA

route66koa.com
    Score: 13 / 30 - 13 Google reviews

5775 West Farm Road 140
    Springfield
    (417) 831-3645

Branson KOA

www.bransonkoa.com
    7 Google reviews

397 Animal Safari Road
    Branson
    (417) 334-4414

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    I think Timbercrest has been one suggested. And I also seen the reviews which took me back to shopping. I wonder if any upgrades have been done since those reviews? This is such a nice area surprised there aren't more places around it for camping. Thanks for the info.

Keep me an Rhonda up to date. We are probably gonna go this year.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Camping

Len is going to Springfield tomorrow to look around and see if we can find a good camp ground for those needing it. Give us some time and we will do our best. Thank you all so much for your patience and understanding

SpyderLady

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation RV Camping Ozark Mo

Per 2011 Trailer Life Directory is Ozark RV Park: (Priv) Good gravel interior rds. From Jct of Us65 and SR 14 W 500 ft on SR14 to 20th St (L) Turn L just before the 66 Station( no RV park Sign) Addr 320 N 20 th St Ozark Mo 65721 Sites: 44 Avail. 2 paved, 42 Gravel,patios, 44 pull thrus(26X60) Big rig sites. 44 full hook ups (30/50 amp) cable(major) Svc Fac. Dump, Rec none. Last years rates $20. V, MC, D, Debit (417) 581-3203 TL = 3.5 /na/3.5 ( these numbers are their ratings of the park.They are low. There aren't listing for tents. Branson has about 23 (give or take a few) Campgrounds, 10 of which are Good Sam Parks. As pointed out most of theBranson parks are about 30 to 35 miles from Ozark.Hiway 65 is a freeway. Previous is FYI. just saying.

Spyder Garage

Default Waiting to hear

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Len is going to Springfield tomorrow to look around and see if we can find a good camp ground for those needing it. Give us some time and we will do our best. Thank you all so much for your patience and understanding
    Thanks! Looking forward to getting word then. It was Spyderfest last year and talking to others that where camping that really got
    Judy and I interested in a toy hauler. We where so looking forward to this year's event and camping. Hope Len can report back with
    something that works for all SL that like camping. Just like the thought of a bunch of SL sitting around a campfire shooting the s__t.
    Thanks for MoGang's help!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyguy View Post
    Keep me an Rhonda up to date. We are probably gonna go this year.
    You got it Bro!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was planning to tent camp, but made reservations at Comfort Inn since there weren't any tent campgrounds around. If one is available ill cancel the hotel. If not, I won't be able to spend as much on other things.

The Wilderness at Silver Dollar City looks like a good place, but I'm concerned about the distance and I don't want to be down there by myself.

Since this is my first Spyderfest, I don't want to miss out on anything.
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 01-03-2013 at 10:10 AM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

pitbull

I'll be the ozarks today looking at several camping places with a friend and local to the area, so we should have this finalized in the next 24 hours or .

Spyder Garage

Default Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    I'll be the ozarks today looking at several camping places with a friend and local to the area, so we should have this finalized in the next 24 hours or .
    See! That's why your the Man! Thanks Len

Spyder Garage

Just made reservations at ozark highland sounds like they are going to be good to work with and the price is right, I ask and they dont have tent camping but it is in a good location, got right next to erag and docrag two great spyder ryders to camp with.

Spyder Garage

Anyone up to split a site at koa? They allow 12 people per site.

Spyder Garage

Len is currently in route back to Cuba. He has research on camping and RV that we will be posting in the next day or so, both on spyderfest.com and I will do my best to get it into this thread.

SpyderLady

pitbull

Ozark camp ground right now seems to be the best for RV camping close to location and easy access, working hard on the tent camping..... Don't book yet if you got a tent, I'm working on something pretty cool I think but rest assure I'm doing my best to take care of all of you.