Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    pitbull

Default SPYDERFEST 2013 "The New Adventure"

I know the question on a lot of folks mind is, where's SPYDERFEST 2013!
    That being said, I want to thank you all for your patience with us, and assure you this was NOT intentional or a marketing ploy in any way.

We had basically maxed out the Cuba area. Folks were having to ride 30 + miles to get hotels. This meant Spyderlovers were spread out over a 60 mile radius. That was counter to the main purpose of SPYDERFEST and the best part--which is everyone being together. The events are great, but friendships are made when people are hanging out in hotel parking lots--and where most of the best stories originate.

The last three events have been so great and they put a lot of pressure on us to find a place that was country, had hotels, a small home town feel, lots of friendly folks, great riding areas and a place that would accept US! We also needed the support of a dealership.

There has been much discussion with Lamont and several others. We finally found an area that would meet our needs! Nestled between SPRINGFIELD and Branson MO, is a little town that has it all. They have that hometown feel, great riding areas, tons of history and have extended an open invitation for all of us to come and play! Centrally located, OZARK MO will be home to SPYDERFEST 2013 " The New Adventure "

I am also pleased to announce this year, for the first time we will be having our very own full out, DRAG RACING!!! Not performance testing. If cops show up they won't be doing checkpoints, there's a good chance they will be on Spyders. Yes, we have one of the areas only drag race track reserved and ready for action http://www.ozarkracewaypark.com/ . Anyone that wants, will be able to race. We will also have testing and tuning going on before hand. If your not sure you've got what it takes you'll be able to play and find out! There will be several classes, including a turbo class (I think you know why). And of course we will have some "TINY" little trophies. Add in some fireworks and food, and we are all in for a good time!

There will be other events as well and also one of the best vendor villages ever. Vendors we are ready to start taking reservations. We need our mods!

The area itself has plenty of rustic charm and I promise you will not be disappointed. There's plenty to see, plenty to do, and plenty of places to eat, including the famous Lambert's Cafe. Ozark is very accessible but also away from the hustle and bustle of Branson.

As far as lodging is concerned, over 600 rooms are on reserve all within walking distance. If we max those out there are more available in the immediate area. We are expecting a great time and a lot of laughs with you all there. The MoGang has a great adventure planned for you. Some of this year's ride routes will include a trip to Eureka Springs, AR, scenic drives through the Ozark Mountains, and some of the best twisties the Midwest has to offer. For hotel information check out www.spyderfest.com also camping ares coming soon!

This covers all bases, except for a local sponsoring dealership, and that is probably the biggest news of all for me. Can-am was looking to open a much needed new store in the Springfield Mo area. I was able to partner with a few folks and will be opening my own store, Pitbull POWERSPORTS. The projected opening dated is in February. This was recently finalized and one of the main delays in the Spyderfest announcement.

We will also be partnering with someone you might know, a personal friend and hero of mine, Lamonster. For the first time ever we will be building Lamonster edition Spyders, along with the Spyderfest edition Spyders.

As we start this new year and "The New Adventure", I would like to thank all of you for your support and friendship. This is a big step for me, and exciting to say the least. I hope I'm able to live up to everyone's expectations.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations LEN. So excited for you and your new adventure.

SpyderLady

Spyder 5 Team Member MickeyFisher's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERFEST 2013 "The New Adventure"

Yes! This is amazing news, MoGang, I can't imagine how psyched some of these folks are going to be for drag racing.

Len - Can't wait, bro, and congratulations to you for this exciting new chapter in your life!!

Spyder Garage

Great news all around, very exciting times a head..

i have never been too a drag race? Is this like a three leg race, but we all have to dress in drag and run around?

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

LET THE PARTY BEGIN.............

This year will set a new standard for Spyderfest................come down early or stay afterwards for a few days and enjoy all that the Ozarks have to offer. Spyderfest is going to be lots of food, fun, food, friends, food, rydes, food, fireworks, and did I mention food

See you all in April!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Nice Len, and congrats on putting it all together. Best of luck in your new venture!!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

I know you've been under alot of pressure Bro and I really don't know how you keep it all together but as you know you have my support and the support of SpyderLovers on your new venture. You've proven your abilities through the years and I expect great things coming from you and the crew at Pitbull Powersports.

As far as moving Spyderfest to a new location I have mixed feelings as most, the folks in Cuba were great to us and I still plan on making my way through there to the new location for some great BBQ. I know having the extra lodging is going to be a big plus as this event grows. I'm also looking forward to having a new riding area.
    Looking forward to a new and exciting 2013

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I know you've been under alot of pressure Bro and I really don't know how you keep it all together but as you know you have my support and the support of SpyderLovers on your new venture. You've proven your abilities through the years and I expect great things coming from you and the crew at Pitbull Powersports.

As far as moving Spyderfest to a new location I have mixed feelings as most, the folks in Cuba were great to us and I still plan on making my way through there to the new location for some great BBQ. I know having the extra lodging is going to be a big plus as this event grows. I'm also looking forward to having a new riding area.
    Looking forward to a new and exciting 2013
    Thanks Lamont, I'm excited to be moving forward with all of this, Ozark mo is like home to me already, friendly folks, great food and a the begging of the ozark mountains....... Taken along time to pull this all together but I'm excited to show everyone the area.
    I like the Springfield Ozark area so much that I'm moving there myself..... It has a lot of charm surrounded by great riding and a lot of cool places.

Spyder Garage

This will be our first SpyderFest and to say the least, Julie and I are extremely excited and so looking forward to a great new year of Spyder riding.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Congrats, Len!!
    Looking forward to The New Adventure
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Len congratulations I'm very excited for you and I can't wait to check out the new store and the new location. Joe and I will be there for sure!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default New Adventure

Congrats, Len!

Spyderfest 2013 WaaaaHoooo!!!!
    Let's Ryde!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Drag Races?

Len and family,

Congratulations on your new adventure and new business venture. We hate to lose our geographic closeness, but we will be making the trip to Springfield periodically.

As for those 2013 drag races, didn't MoLee and a few of the guys have "drag" races at the Pancake breakfast at the 2012 Spyderfest?

Blessings and best wishes for 2013.

Spyder Garage

Len, sometimes patience is hard to come by but good things come to those who wait. Now you've waited, the i's are dotted & the t's are crossed, so best of everything to Pitbull Powersports. But most of all, let the fun begin!!! You know that the Mogang & Spyderlovers are there to support you.

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome and Congrats

Len and family. Have a good idea of what it has taken to create this new adventure in your life (since I have created a few business adventures in my younger days). I love, love, love positive, bold and adventuresomeness. And you guys have it all. God's Blessings. So excited for new location for Spyderfest 2013 and your new business. Like the name..
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Spydeejane View Post
    Len and family,

Congratulations on your new adventure and new business venture. We hate to lose our geographic closeness, but we will be making the trip to Springfield periodically.

As for those 2013 drag races, didn't MoLee and a few of the guys have "drag" races at the Pancake breakfast at the 2012 Spyderfest?

Blessings and best wishes for 2013.
    Thanks Jane, you and George are always welcome...... But Jane that was performance testing, this will be fun and friendly drag racing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Thanks Jane, you and George are always welcome...... But Jane that was performance testing, this will be fun and friendly drag racing.
    Ricky, I think Jane was putting the emphasis on DRAG not on racing. Maybe that is an event in your life you want to forget!
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Frankly, I don't know how you do it Len. A huge job and we only see the tip of the ice burg at Spyderfest! You make it look easy but I know it is not.

You certainly have your finger on the pulse of what makes Spyderfest the premiere Spyder gathering every year. It is about hanging out, riding together and just having a great time with other Spyder Riders. Hotel parking lots transform into a combination of Show and Tell, Story Time and Friendship Building.

I know that wherever you put on this event it will be GREAT!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    Ricky, I think Jane was putting the emphasis on DRAG not on racing. Maybe that is an event in your life you want to forget!
    DOOOHHAAAAA!!!! Forgot about that no way that was some funny stuff!!!

Ok this year only REAL ........ Not saying "drag" racing lol
    Last edited by pitbull; 01-01-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

CONGRATULATIONS, LEN !!! I can't wait to see your new store and shake your hand. I know Spyderfest will be great this year, as it was last year. (our first)
    You have mine and Darlene's best wishes for a great 2013, both with Spyderfest and your new adventure. We will be riding to Ozark to pick up our new trailer when it comes in and weather permits.

Harley and Darlene Kamper

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on Pitbull Powersports....you and all involved deserve it....the Ozark area is great riding...we spent a week in Eureka Springs Ark last summer and the riding was perfect....lots to see... lots to do...and Lambert's....too cool!!!!! we are pumped

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

WooHoo cant wait this will b r first spyderfest!!!Registration and reservations Done see u all there!!!
    Last edited by my3gs; 01-01-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    DOOOHHAAAAA!!!! Forgot about that no way that was some funny stuff!!!

Ok this year only REAL ........ Not saying "drag" racing lol
    2011 was when we had a nice visit with MSHP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mo Lee; 01-01-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default CONGRATS!!

CONGRATS on the New Dealership. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Ray & Cheryl

Spyder Garage

Default Only 38 miles

Ozark is only 38 miles from Where I was born and raised. Lots of back roads and some great places to eat. If you want a roll at Lamberts, the only way to get one is to have it throwed to you. Great food, only they serve way to much food.
    As for the drag strip, it has been many many years, but have been they more than a couple of times. This is home to some people and I think everyone will enjoy this area very muich. Sams club is only 14 miles straight up Hwy 65. The original Bass Pro Shop, which is a square block building, is less than 17 miles from Ozark, it is a place everyone needs to look at going to and visiting, it is more than a store.

If you want a long ride, just west of Springfield, Precious Moments is in Carthage, MO 78 miles. Just a little information from someone who was born and raised in that area, but hasn't lived in the area for many many years. Don't forget all the shows in Branson.