Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question Wireless Helmet Intercom

I'm looking for a bike to bike intercom with MP3 and bluetooth. I can't spend 150 to 400 on one my budget is very low. What is a good brand that works foe at least 1500 feet. Thanks for the helpo.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by master1309 View Post
    I'm looking for a bike to bike intercom with MP3 and bluetooth. I can't spend 150 to 400 on one my budget is very low. What is a good brand that works foe at least 1500 feet. Thanks for the helpo.
    We have the Sena 10 and well pleased with them.
    David

Spyder Garage

Not sure about your price range from your quote but the Sena SMH 10 Dual ($288 for the pair) works real good at up to 900 yards unobstructed, you can connect several bluetooth devices, and conference with up to three other headsets. See posts from yesterday by searching for thread titled: Difference between Sena SMH5 and SMH10?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I love the Sena units as well. Cyclebots on EBay has them for 230. Good deal

Spyder Garage

Default Wireless Helmet Intercom

Have seen the Sena smh10s on amazon for as little as $240.00 a pair. We love them.
    2015 SE6 RT-S
    Black/Red Special Edition.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SENA IN STOCK RIGHT NOW

The Sena unit is the best of the bunch I have them in stock and ready to ship
    SMH10 will fill your needs
    Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    The Sena unit is the best of the bunch I have them in stock and ready to ship
    SMH10 will fill your needs
    Dave
    Is the head set and dongle advertised in the 2013 Can Am catalogue the same as the sena headset and dongle I can buy directly from a sena dealer?

In other words, can I get the same thing advertised in the 2013 catalogue for substantially less?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FlaBound View Post
    Is the head set and dongle advertised in the 2013 Can Am catalogue the same as the sena headset and dongle I can buy directly from a sena dealer?

In other words, can I get the same thing advertised in the 2013 catalogue for substantially less?

Yes, but I am not sure how the sena dongle hooks up the spyder , and depending on sena 's agreement with BRP, if sena can or will sell you the cord to hook it up to the spyder.

http://cyclebots.com/bluetooth-adapt...h-adapter.html on this site does not mention Spyder cords like it does HD and Gold wing cords but has a universal cord

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

I can't and won't comment on then Sena unit as I don't have one and have never used one either. However, I have the SCALA G9 set and love it. So far we've only used it to communicate between rider and passsenger and not with other bikes. The user manual and Cardco's web site state that it will provide 2 way communication "Up to 1 mile / 1.6 km* Bike-to-Bike intercom with flip-up antenna for extended range". I know when off the bike we have walked a fair distance apart and still maintained good communications between us.
    http://www.cardosystems.com/us/scala...er-g9#overview

I will predict that you will not be successful in finding something if your budget is really limited to less than $150 as stated. Unless you mean $150 per headset and not for a pair.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Yes, but I am not sure how the sena dongle hooks up the spyder , and depending on sena 's agreement with BRP, if sena can or will sell you the cord to hook it up to the spyder.

http://cyclebots.com/bluetooth-adapt...h-adapter.html on this site does not mention Spyder cords like it does HD and Gold wing cords but has a universal cord
    Figured as much. Will need to do a little digging.
    Thanks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile helmet intercom

Well my wife has a Harley headset and I'm looking for a single headset that is compatible. Thanks in advance your your help.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FlaBound View Post
    Figured as much. Will need to do a little digging.
    Thanks
    I have been doing some digging to into my 2013 Spyder Accessory catalog .From what I am reading I think the new Sena BRP dongle will only fit 2013 Rt and ST models so you might just be able to use the Sena Dongle only with the universal cable and plug your audio equipment into it and need to mount it somewhere. This of course means that the BRP Sena dongle will not hook up to prior year models entertainment system. I do not know for sure , JMHO

If you mount the Sena Dongle in the back trunk compartment ,will the Sena dongle transmit through the rear trunk to the Bluetooth headsets?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well my wife has a Harley headset and I'm looking for a single headset that is compatible. Thanks in advance your your help.
    I am assuming your wife's headset is wired, if so you have 2 options : 1) buy 2 bluetooth headsets and use them,discard her HD headset. cheaper option
    2) If her bike has a CB then you install a cb on your spyder and get a hard wired headset and talk to her over the cb .. This option is expensive

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I am assuming your wife's headset is wired, if so you have 2 options : 1) buy 2 bluetooth headsets and use them,discard her HD headset. cheaper option
    2) If her bike has a CB then you install a cb on your spyder and get a hard wired headset and talk to her over the cb .. This option is expensive
    Right to the point and absolutely correct. When I askd about a CB for my Spyder, the salesman said, "that's so old school." I thought he was crazy but have learned otherwise. I enjoy my BT headset.

I ride with two other riders who rely on CB transmission. It would be cheaper for me to buy each a Sena BT unit than to have put the CB in my Spyder. (Don't worry, I'm not that generous.) Heck, I might even enjoy our rides more by not listening to all that chatter meant for someone other than me?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default boomless uclear 200

we have the boomless uclear 200 contect with bluetooth and range 1.3 mile and you could contect with over 10 other companies bluetooth head sets have not tried to other head sets at this time. carolyn and I love them. check them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnirtsnod View Post
    Right to the point and absolutely correct. When I askd about a CB for my Spyder, the salesman said, "that's so old school." I thought he was crazy but have learned otherwise. I enjoy my BT headset.

I ride with two other riders who rely on CB transmission. It would be cheaper for me to buy each a Sena BT unit than to have put the CB in my Spyder. (Don't worry, I'm not that generous.) Heck, I might even enjoy our rides more by not listening to all that chatter meant for someone other than me?

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ref question :-

If you mount the Sena Dongle in the back trunk compartment ,will the Sena dongle transmit through the rear trunk to the Bluetooth headsets?

I have the Sena SMH10 Headset and have wired in my Radio from my Spyder RT-S SE5 2010 Model

I have connected my Sena SMH10 via the New Sena SM10 Dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter

The SM10 is secured via velcro in my rear trunk next to my ipod and it works fine with no loss of transmission

See these post as they may help

Spyder RT Converting-stock-Spyder-audio-output-to Bluetooth

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...235#post510235

Spyder RT best-way-to-store-hold-your-iPod

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...149#post357149

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post

I have the Sena SMH10 Headset and have wired in my Radio from my Spyder RT-S SE5 2010 Model

I have connected my Sena SMH10 via the New Sena SM10 Dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter

The SM10 is secured via velcro in my rear trunk next to my ipod and it works fine with no loss of transmission

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK
    Thanks for your help. I was hoping that the BT dongle would transmit through the rear trunk.
    Last edited by Marker; 01-02-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK
    Very helpful.
    Thanks

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Update ref Use of Posi-Taps for speaker connection

UPDATE

Just for information - I have updated the thread below to now include the best way to connect to the Speaker leads on the Spyder RT using Posi-Tap connectors

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK
    Last edited by eddieshep999; 01-03-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

UPDATE

Just for information - I have updated the thread below to now include the best way to connect to the Speaker leads on the Spyder RT using Posi-Tap connectors

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK
    Thank you so much ! I appreciate what you have done

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Things I know about the Sena SM10 for Spyder

Hi,
    First the SM10 doesn't work on a Harley if you have a CB radio, you can't transmit. You can hear the CB but it won't work to transmit. We have both bikes.

Also you can't go out and buy your own SM10 and expect it to work in your Spyder, no you have to pay BRP $250. and either pay the shop to install it or do it yourself.
    We though we would save some money and just buy the SM10, well the only thing it will work with it the GPS or a IPod. Just doesn't work with the Spyder as is.

As for the SMH10 Duel set, my wife and I love them. We have been up to a mile apart and still in contact.