Thread: Next Service

Spyder Garage

Default Next Service

Can anyone help me on what to expect on service for my Spyder?

I have an appointment with Pro Caliber Motor Sports in Vancouver Wash. Dec 25 - 26 weather permitting.
    The previous owner did the first 500 mile check-up.

NOW I have over 6,300 miles on my Spyder. There are a number of things that need to be checked
    1. Belt Tension
    2. Nanny Up Dates
    3. Sterring Alignment connections
    4. Oil Change
    5. Fuel Cap Recall Change
    6. Other?

What is covered by warrenty services (No Charge)?
    What will I be expected to pay?

Spyder Garage

Default service

service is very costly since it is done by your in house dealership and not any outside service merchanics can do it so they seem to name their own price each dealership charges what they want just feel the pain as we all have one time or another

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrLooney View Post
    Can anyone help me on what to expect on service for my Spyder?

I have an appointment with Pro Caliber Motor Sports in Vancouver Wash. Dec 25 - 26 weather permitting.
    The previous owner did the first 500 mile check-up.

NOW I have over 6,300 miles on my Spyder. There are a number of things that need to be checked
    1. Belt Tension
    4. Oil Change
    6. Other?

What is covered by warrenty services (No Charge)?
    What will I be expected to pay?
    Oil and filters are not covered under the Warrenty.
    Belt tension
    Others

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Depending on how your dealership operates, it could be costly. There are dealers here that spin the 'wheel of misfortune' when it comes to service costs. Ask your dealer in advance what you can expect for the 6K service and to also ask you prior to doing anything other than what was mentioned. Some dealers will try to charge you $150 to hook up the BUD's for a computer update. That's total BS! You are the customer. Be informed and ask questions. Good luck.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Open wallet - remove cash.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kevorama View Post
    Depending on how your dealership operates, it could be costly. There are dealers here that spin the 'wheel of misfortune' when it comes to service costs. Ask your dealer in advance what you can expect for the 6K service and to also ask you prior to doing anything other than what was mentioned. Some dealers will try to charge you $150 to hook up the BUD's for a computer update. That's total BS! You are the customer. Be informed and ask questions. Good luck.
    Excellent advice.

Spyder Garage

Most of the time, oil filter and general checkup cost about $300.00. I am guessing between $300 to $500 for what you are listing. Most dealers are at the $100-125 per hour for labor and the bill climbs from there.

Good advice to ask in advance, then there should be no surprises.

Let us know what happens.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Although i have a verry good dealer here in Central Fl i prefer to do my own service unless it is necessary to have a bud at the shop Ha ha.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

As for the cost - it is what it is. I live 60 miles from ProCaliber and have a dealer 15 miles away. I will always ride the extra miles because this service dept. is absolutely TOP NOTCH! Shawn is a master at what he does and you will be treated as a home town customer! Good service = good times and confidence. I have nearly 10,000 miles on my bike since it was delivered to me at the dealer in April!

Are you from the area? We have a largish club her called the Columbia River Chapter of the Spyder Riders of America. How about coffee? We maybe could get a buch together as some better weather is ahead. We have about 12 spiders riding the Polar Bear Rum on New Years Day if you are around!

member - spyderdan - is club president.

You will love Pro Caliber Longview. Are they open DEc. 25????

Larry
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It cost me $350.00 on my first 600 miles , now I'm wondering how much i"ll cost on my next oil change. All I can say, Good care on ourwill keep our spyder run trouble free.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Default Pro Caliber check up

Thanks for the great information from everyone. Merry Christmas.. I hope you all got some nice presents.

I will ask before they hook up anything...

The BUDS is free or have to pay,, seems I am at a loss on what was mentioned above??

I can do the oil change myself, just need the right oil and parts.

Pro Caliber said they are not busy at this time of year. So drop in's are OK...

I think they are closed Dec 25 .... Open Dec 26 bright and early, Weather permitting I plan to see them on 26.

I am in Salem Oregon for the duration Dec 28? then back to China for a few days ~ week then to Vietnam.

Once in Vietnam I will get really serious about finalizing details on Shipping My Spyder there (or not).

If things do not work out for me in VN.? I will return to USA and take up rydyng here. Joining a Group of other Ryders would be great...

I failed to tell everone of a day in DFW where I went on a "Toys For Tots" run... an extimated 20 Thousand bikers converged on the DFW Horse Race Track..
    ================================================== ===============

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    As for the cost - it is what it is. I live 60 miles from ProCaliber and have a dealer 15 miles away. I will always ride the extra miles because this service dept. is absolutely TOP NOTCH! Shawn is a master at what he does and you will be treated as a home town customer! Good service = good times and confidence. I have nearly 10,000 miles on my bike since it was delivered to me at the dealer in April!

Are you from the area? We have a largish club her called the Columbia River Chapter of the Spyder Riders of America. How about coffee? We maybe could get a buch together as some better weather is ahead. We have about 12 spiders riding the Polar Bear Rum on New Years Day if you are around!

member - spyderdan - is club president.

You will love Pro Caliber Longview. Are they open DEc. 25????

Larry