Spyder Garage

Default OREGON BOUND Tues / Wed

Tuesday's Journey

Mostly uneventful, a clean ryde most of the day. Passed an 18 wheeler flat bed full of SPYDERS.

Wednesday today, a change of direction from I-5 to 580 heading for San Francisco and The Golden Gate Bridge. From there up North on 101... WOW what a ryde over 200 miles of twisties and short straight aways. My Spyder RS~S Runs FABULOUS!!

Off the road to see a few of the Giant Red Wood Trees until it was too dark to enjoy, so back on the road stopping in Eureka Calf for the night.....

Second night in a row at a Motel 6.... What is with this chain here in Calif? they wand $2.95 a day for WIFI !!!

Nearing Oregon, I will stop in Florence Oregon for a few day to see my son. Then off to the North Ore Coast and into Salem. I have many more stops to make But do I have the days to see and do all I need before I have to head for China again ??

More to come.
    ================================================== =======

PS added post to OREGON BOUND Monday..
    Last edited by MrLooney; 12-20-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Enjoy your trip reports

Sounds like you are making the most of your time in the saddle. Let me know where you will be posted in China. Perhaps we can meet up half way around the world. Interested if you can ship your Spyder there. That would make for some unique ryding experiences.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Are you still in Florence? We live 15 miles north of Roseburg,or 50 miles south of Eugene on I-5.
    The weather here this morning is rather nasty..38F and rain. Hope you are having a fun trip!

Brad

Spyder Garage

Default shipping to Vietnam / China

Ya I have been beating up the Saddle making it fit my butt. NOW into a rain rain rain delay here in Eureka Calf.

I am looking into shipping (about $1,000 USD) into Hanoi VietNam. there I will register it and get a license plate then drive it to Guangzhou, China area. This way avoiding all the import fees and restrictions.
    The HK dealer said there is maybe 200 Spyders in mainland china now.

I will keep you posted on that as more information comes in.

Dan

Spyder Garage

Default Meeting I-5

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post
    Are you still in Florence? We live 15 miles north of Roseburg,or 50 miles south of Eugene on I-5.
    The weather here this morning is rather nasty..38F and rain. Hope you are having a fun trip!

Brad
    ================================================== ======

Brad

I am still in Eureka, Calif. on a rain rain rain Delay!!
    It it does not clear soon I will head out anyway, fighting the rain all the way. Before I left Park City, Utah I bought North Face Ski Suit pants and jacket. I hope that will keep me dry most of the way...

I have had some rain the past 2 days that lasted only a few miles.

I know where you are.. very near Rice Hill...
    Maybe there is a chance we can meet up this weekend?? I will keep you posted. What are your phone numbers?

My number is 971-6005051 I keep the phone in my pocket and don't feel or hear it ring, but will answer back when I check it. (this is a temperary number while I am in the states).

Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrLooney View Post
    ================================================== ======

Brad

I am still in Eureka, Calif. on a rain rain rain Delay!!
    It it does not clear soon I will head out anyway, fighting the rain all the way. Before I left Park City, Utah I bought North Face Ski Suit pants and jacket. I hope that will keep me dry most of the way...

I have had some rain the past 2 days that lasted only a few miles.

I know where you are.. very near Rice Hill...
    Maybe there is a chance we can meet up this weekend?? I will keep you posted. What are your phone numbers?

My number is 971-6005051 I keep the phone in my pocket and don't feel or hear it ring, but will answer back when I check it. (this is a temperary number while I am in the states).

Dan
    Yes, we used to live on Rice Hill, but moved into Sutherlin a month ago.

We are getting a slushy snowfall right now. Meeting this weekend would be great. My no. is 2l8.2O9.8867.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Greeeat ride. Watch the weather, black ice. It's nasty up here in the NW. Have a nice ride.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod