Spyder Garage

Default Helmets and Seat Belts

Just a reminder that if you have an accident and your helmet or seat belt were "involved", then it is vital to replace them with a new helmet or seat belt. Both of these items are intended for one time use only.

A "involved" helmet may have unseen damage or weakness that might prevent it from being effective for another accident, a seat belt (and obviously this means in your auto) that has been "involved" is now stretched, a new one will allow some "give", your insurance company will replace it, but sometime only at your insistance.

Just a friendly reminder.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas.

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for an important little reminder, Joe!
    And let's all hope that nobody in here NEEDS to replace one anytime soon!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I was at the local motorcycle shop one day and a guy came in with a helmet and wanted to order replacement straps. He told the guy at the counter his friend was in a wreck and paramedics cut the straps to get the helmet off before his buddy was put in the careflight helicopter. The clerk tried to tell the guy the helmet was no good and even showed him the inside of the helmet where the damage was obvious. The guy insisted on just ordering new straps. I didn't stick around to see if the clerk let him order any.

Spyder Garage

At MSF they mentioned that if the brain bucket is dropped it also should be replaced.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SllimG View Post
    I was at the local motorcycle shop one day and a guy came in with a helmet and wanted to order replacement straps. He told the guy at the counter his friend was in a wreck and paramedics cut the straps to get the helmet off before his buddy was put in the careflight helicopter. The clerk tried to tell the guy the helmet was no good and even showed him the inside of the helmet where the damage was obvious. The guy insisted on just ordering new straps. I didn't stick around to see if the clerk let him order any.
    If he ordered new straps for the fool, (Which I'm pretty sure is impossible!), I hope that he got his butt fired!

Spyder Garage

Had a new HJC Modular that was on the seat of the spyder get knocked off and fell to the ground - helmet was ruined!!! drop of less than 3 feet -- keep you helmet safe as you do yourself!!
    Bill
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders -- look for us in the Ryder Group/Club shortcut on the homepage.

New Ryders always welcome!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Treat them just like they're your baby's head...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

GOOD INFO !! THANKS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you buy a Shoei they will inspect it for free if you've dropped it and are not sure if it needs to be replaced or not. Of course, for a $400 Shoei I would expect it, not for a $100 HJC.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've always knew about the helmet, but this is the first time I ever heard about replacing a seat belt after an accident. Thanks for the info. Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    I've always knew about the helmet, but this is the first time I ever heard about replacing a seat belt after an accident. Thanks for the info. Dale
    I had never heard it before either.