Thread: What's this?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What's this?

A friend took this picture in Paris. Is it the BMW?

image.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It looks like the Piaggio MP3
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It looks like the Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

I would also vote for Piaggio. BMW now has a scooter--but it is two wheels only at this time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Actually it's the Eiffel Tower! ok it's the Piaggio Scooter.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

17%20Mp3%20400ie.jpg
    Here's another pic of it at a different angle...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks. Of course Piaggio. Had forgotten about them. Talked to a guy at Corbin a few years ago that swore by his, but haven't seen any lately.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tl440 View Post
    Thanks. Of course Piaggio. Talked to a guy at Corbin a few years ago that Swore by his,

I Would do the same if my Spyder failed to start

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Swear BY it; not at it!

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

I looked into getting an MP3 but found that Piaggio is no longer importing any of them to the US. I found this out by calling the HQ directly and speaking with customer service.

2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium
    www.JerryandCynthia.com - Our Riding Adventures

Spyder Garage

I have an MP3 and an IPod classic

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default had one

Our local HD dealer gave me one to ride for the summer last year. It was ok, but I just couldn't get used to having nothing between my legs (no tank) and its a FAR CRY from a . I was at the dealer just the other day looking for something else and noticed they had 3 new ones there. Just Saying
    2012 RT SE Viper Red
    BRP Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Stainless Grills, IPS, Utopia backrest, Original Grip Buddies, Shorty antenna, Spyderpops radiator block off, cat shield and Bump Skid, Street Magic Magicflex channelz, Chrome Mirror covers, LED turn indicators on Mirrors, LED rear cargo light, Top rear Break Light Seal Style Floor Boards, Day Runner Lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer has one in his showroom. Traded in by somebody who couldn't figure out how to ride it without lots of low-speed tipovers...

Spyder Garage

My dealer has one in his showroom. Traded in by somebody who couldn't figure out how to ride it without lots of low-speed tipovers...
    ????? Wow, what a surprise! Nancy almost bought one before the Spyder came out, but they were too slow at the original 250 cc for highway work. I rode it, and it was about the easiest thing I ever rode at low speeds. When you slow before 5 mph, you just push the button and it locks up. If you don't do that, you just put down your foot. If that joker couldn't ride a Piaggio MP3, I doubt he could manage a Harley dresser.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The dealer said that the guy augered it in three times; once right in his parking lot!
    In my opinion; the guy shouldn't be allowed to play with anything sharp, or heavy!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercoach View Post
    Our local HD dealer gave me one to ride for the summer last year. It was ok, but I just couldn't get used to having nothing between my legs (no tank) and its a FAR CRY from a . I was at the dealer just the other day looking for something else and noticed they had 3 new ones there. Just Saying
    I rode a Honda Elite once about 19 yrs ago. It was terrible with no tank between my legs. Took me 10 mins to get out of the driveway. Except for that, the MP3 with the 500cc engine looked very tempting to me. It's pretty roadworthy. A dealer in Boulder CO told me they had one up to 102 on my favorite mountain road. That's enough for me.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    ????? Wow, what a surprise! Nancy almost bought one before the Spyder came out, but they were too slow at the original 250 cc for highway work. I rode it, and it was about the easiest thing I ever rode at low speeds. When you slow before 5 mph, you just push the button and it locks up. If you don't do that, you just put down your foot. If that joker couldn't ride a Piaggio MP3, I doubt he could manage a Harley dresser.

Scotty.......... I hope Holly doesn't see this post, she will have flashbacks !!!!!!!!!

I bought Holly a MP3 and 2 minutes after I got back from NJ and unloaded it off the truck, she wrecked it (not really.... just fell over at a stop sign). She couldn't get the concept that you had to put your feet down at a stop. After a few more low speed tip overs she said forget it and I traded it in for my Spyder !!!!!!!! I don't know why my hot dog is dancing, I lost a grand on the trade and only owned it 1 month.

I will have to say for a 250cc bike, it had no problem going 70 mph on a freeway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I will have to say for a 250cc bike, it had no problem going 70 mph on a freeway.
    Yeah, but a steady diet of that would kill the critter. It wasn't going to keep up with my BMW for touring. I had no trouble, and never had to put my feet down. Just hit the switch on the handlebar, and it sits upright on its own. Take off with it locked, and it automatically unlocks at about 5 mph.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I bought Holly a MP3 and 2 minutes after I got back from NJ and unloaded it off the truck, she wrecked it (not really.... just fell over at a stop sign). She couldn't get the concept that you had to put your feet down at a stop. After a few more low speed tip overs she said forget it and I traded it in for my Spyder !!!!!!! I lost a grand on the trade and only owned it 1 month.
    Hold the dang train here for a minute!! You bought Holly the Piag... and then traded it out from under her for the Spyder?? I think that makes "Fatal Attraction" hers; my boy...

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Yeah, but a steady diet of that would kill the critter. It wasn't going to keep up with my BMW for touring. I had no trouble, and never had to put my feet down. Just hit the switch on the handlebar, and it sits upright on its own. Take off with it locked, and it automatically unlocks at about 5 mph.

Your preaching to the chior Scotty !!!!! I tried to teach her that way but it made it worse.

What would happen is, once it unlocked her lean angle threw her way off. If she was making a turn or not setting completly upright, once it unlocked it would make her balance instantly and made her fall over by over correcting the bike. The steering/balance lock was great for parking, but not for stopping with Holly.

To be honest, those Italians had a engineering masterpiece when the developed that balance locking system. If it wasn't such a girly bike (way to small of tires for my taste), I probrably would have kept it.

If that leaning/locking system was on the Spyder, that would be a blast to ride.

Spyder Garage

I'll say one thing for the MP3, with the two front tires and the leaning mechanism, it would turn the tightest figure-eights of anything I ever rode!
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

arntufun

Hold the dang train here for a minute!! You bought Holly the Piag... and then traded it out from under her for the Spyder?? I think that makes "Fatal Attraction" hers; my boy...

Well technically............. but I was sneaky and made sure it was for me. How you might ask ???????? Easy, two words...........
    Manual Shift !!!!!!!!! Ever try to teach a blonde to operate a clutch ????? Its almost impossible...

Spyder Garage

there 500 cc ones now 97 t0 100 mph i looked at them when i bought my 500 cc aprillia,it was at a discount for being a lift over at 45oo i couldnt pas it up,the other one with three wheels was 74oo hundered,so i went for the aprillia.
    Attached Images Attached Images