Spyder Garage

Default Anyone done a BajaRon Shock Adjuster Installation?

Has anyone installed these? I ordered a set, and I am about to install them on my 2020 RTL. Did you take the front/side tupperware off or the entire frunk? Once installed, is removal of the tupperware required just to make adjustments?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Title clarification
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

They lost me when it said the shocks have to be removed. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Only the shocks hafta be removed to fit the adjusters, no tupperware, and not even the frunk... not unless you WANT to do that to make it easier to access the top shock bolts!

No need, so I don't ever bother - just remove then disassemble the shock/coil assy (needs a coil spring compressor or friendly tire/spring shop ); fit the adjuster; reassemble & then replace the shock (following the supplied instructions & bits of double-sided sticky tape for the top bolts); and finally adjust them in-situ to return the Spyder to the appropriate height. No need to remove any tupperware or anything but the shocks themselves to fit; no need to remove anything to adjust!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 07:09 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BajaRon has borrowable tools to compress the springs to enable the replacement of the spring stop thing with his adjuster. Took two of us to do it and we were very carful while it was compressed.

The trick to getting the top bolt out is to raise the bike just enough to let the wheels drop to get better access to them. Use an offset wrench to get at it. Put it in backwards when reassembling.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

We just did shocks a week ago. Use a 3/8” breaker bar that a bit more than 90degrees. That allows you to get on the forward end of the bolt. Regular socket on the rear side. Follow Ron’s instructions. Use a spent .45 brass to punch the double sided double stick tape. Works great!!
    Call if you get stuck. I’m in the garage all day tomorrow. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    BajaRon has borrowable tools to compress the springs to enable the replacement of the spring stop thing with his adjuster. Took two of us to do it and we were very carful while it was compressed.

The trick to getting the top bolt out is to raise the bike just enough to let the wheels drop to get better access to them. Use an offset wrench to get at it. Put it in backwards when reassembling.

The spring compressor Ron offers is so good I went ahead and bought mine. Very good piece of equipment meant to work with the smaller coil size on the Spyder.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ferrerid=34189
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

unweight the shock to adjust the tensioner. I have mine adjusted up 3 turns.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Hi, I recently purchased a used 2014 Spyder RT for my wife. The front shocks appear to me to have shock adjusters added to them. I attached a couple pictures.

Do these look like Baja Ron shock adjusters?

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 07:16 PM.
    2014 RT SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ahtsix View Post
    Hi, I recently purchased a used 2014 Spyder RT for my wife. The front shocks appear to me to have shock adjusters added to them. I attached a couple pictures.

Do these look like Baja Ron shock adjusters?

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg
    Those are BajaRon shock adjusters. You should have received a spanner wrench with them.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 07:16 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ron, I think he bought the trike with the adjusters already on it. Maybe he needs to buy a spanner wrench from you?

Spyder Garage

Thanks for identifying the adjusters. I’m new to Spyders.

Baja Ron, are the spanner wrenches available for sale without buying the entire kit?
    2014 RT SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for identifying the adjusters. I’m new to Spyders.

Baja Ron, are the spanner wrenches available for sale without buying the entire kit?
    Yes, they are. You just need one. But check your tool bag first to be sure you need one. The previous owner should have kept it on the bike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Yes, they are. You just need one. But check your tool bag first to be sure you need one. The previous owner should have kept it on the bike.
    Thank you Ron! I called your shop this morning and the wrench is on the the way.
    2014 RT SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you Ron! I called your shop this morning and the wrench is on the the way.
    Great! Glad it worked out.

Spyder Garage

Shock adjustable kit from BajaRon - anyone used it?

Hi, has anyone fitted a front shock kit for a Spyder RT from BajaRon? If so, how easy was it to fit?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Removed Post title after merging into existing thread - both excess threads & post titles mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

I don't mean to sound flippant but it would make sense to ask Ron. He's a member of the forum and no doubt would be pleased to answer your questions.
    Last edited by Arion; 04-11-2024 at 05:54 PM.
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

I had them on my Champagne trike. You need a good spring compressor to install them. I turned them up 1.5 turns if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 04-12-2024 at 10:03 AM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie1956 View Post
    Shock adjustable kit from BajaRon - anyone used it?

Hi, has anyone fitted a front shock kit for a Spyder RT from BajaRon? If so, how easy was it to fit?
    Removing front shocks is less drama on a 2014 RT series vs the newer style RT series in my opinion.
    As for removing springs, and reinstalling with preload adjusters, it can be a bit attentive compressing the springs.

For comparison, I installed preload adjusters on a friends 2021 RT Limited. This was stock springs with adjusters, he weighs about 270 pounds. Certainly an improvement over oem without adjusters.

For Christmas he bought himself new aftermarket front springs from Martin. I wound up swapping the firmer springs on. I made a simple modification to the preload adjusters allowing them be used with the new springs if needed.

The firmer springs are an even better upgrade than preload adjuster with stock springs. This is in regards to heavier riders, those that ride two up, or others wanting a more performance oriented setup.