Spyder Garage

Default Where does this Battery Bracket fit on 2018 RTL?

I had a hard time getting my fat hands into the small space to get the battery out. After I pulled out the battery the top bracket fell and I'm not sure how it goes back; if you look at the second 2nd pic, I think I have it where is should be to put back in the bike, but I can't figure out where the top piece goes (arrows)?? It looks like it should fit inside a slot or around a rod, but I can't see anything. Any help would be appreciated - a pic or video would be appreciated even more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-09-2024 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, that is correct orientation of the bracket. After you put the battery back in, it's kinda a feel thing to raise the front of the bracket, slide it in, let the front down, & it should not pull out when you put the strap on.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-09-2024 at 07:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

+1 There are slots cut in the frame above the battery box that those tabs tuck up into once the battery is in place. Then the rubber strap connects below the bottom of the battery box to the flat hook on the front of that bracket.
    Moabman has a nice youtube video on Battery removal and replacement. The install starts about 2 min 50 seconds into the video.

https://youtu.be/j-N1bmXjiaQ?si=6JuRJ_VzIXT8Q2an&t=173
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-09-2024 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Fixed time stamp. ;-)
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

practice just with hold down bracket first, to put in frame slots. Try a good light and a mirror to see the slots. If you had a helper, you might be able to install bracket, then have them hold it up, while you slip battery in area
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    +1 There are slots cut in the frame above the battery box that those tabs tuck up into once the battery is in place. Then the rubber strap connects below the bottom of the battery box to the flat hook on the front of that bracket.
    Moabman has a nice youtube video on Battery removal and replacement. The install starts about 2 min 50 seconds into the video.

Perfect, just what I needed! It is a lot easier to see on the F3, but at least I know where to look.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-09-2024 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post

The thing that confused me the most was that the link led me to a video that's 4 minutes 18 seconds long. Just couldn't figure out how to get to the 5 minute 30 second point. Have I overlooked something?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-09-2024 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    The thing that confused me the most was that the link led me to a video that's 4 minutes 18 seconds long. Just couldn't figure out how to get to the 5 minute 30 second point. Have I overlooked something?
    I've now fixed the time stamp in the original post showing the link, and fixed the quotes; but clicking on the original link took me to exactly the right spot anyway, just where all the pertinent info started showing.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    practice just with hold down bracket first, to put in frame slots. Try a good light and a mirror to see the slots. If you had a helper, you might be able to install bracket, then have them hold it up, while you slip battery in area
    Perfect advice! It took a mirror and light just to see the slots. All they had to do was put a little more of a hook on the tab that fits in. The bracket should be able to just hang there - I ended up fitting it in and just duct taped it up so it wouldn't fall. Thanks again for the help.

Spyder Garage

Sorry, dislexic typing old geezer here Thanks to Peter for fixing my typo and link.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020