Spyder Garage

Default Clock and temp guages that replace disconnected gas guage and engine temp guages

Hello all, earlier this year somebody suggested a clock and temperature guages to insert in place of the gas and engine temperature guages. I have tried to find that thread without success. Can someone suggest where I might find these? The ones I recall were sold in either a black face or white. Trying to suggest Xmas gift to family members.

Thanks!

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Try putting Gauge in the Advance Search Box Top RHS

You will get seveal Threads ref Replacing the Gauges - Everything form how to do it to various types of gauges owners have suggested or fitted

e.g. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=DIGITAL+GAUGE

I fitted a voltmeter and a digital clock in mine due to bouncing fuel gauge issue

See pictures below - Voltmeter (LHS) and Digital Clock (RHS) gauge fitted to Spyder RT-S SE5 2010 Model

Hope this helps

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

That did help, thanks. I found what I was looking for.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So what have you got in mind???
    You have picqued my curiosity!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I see how you put the clock on the right hand side, but does the wire have constant power for the clock?

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post

You will get seveal Threads ref Replacing the Gauges - Everything form how to do it to various types of gauges owners have suggested or fitted

I fitted a voltmeter and a digital clock in mine due to bouncing fuel gauge issue

See pictures below - Voltmeter (LHS) and Digital Clock (RHS) gauge fitted to Spyder RT-S SE5 2010 Model

Hope this helps

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbiaSpyder View Post
    Hello all, earlier this year somebody suggested a clock and temperature guages to insert in place of the gas and engine temperature guages. I have tried to find that thread without success. Can someone suggest where I might find these? The ones I recall were sold in either a black face or white. Trying to suggest Xmas gift to family members.

Thanks!
    Just curious as to why you would want to install clock and temp gauges when you already have them on the Spyder. Once you disconnect the analog temp gauge, the digital one will show up on the digital screen and the clock is already on the digital screen.

Most folks I have seen go with voltmeter (or ammeter) and oil pressure (like mine).
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    I see how you put the clock on the right hand side, but does the wire have constant power for the clock?
    My gauges were from PROSPORT Performance Smoke gauge series - See fitting instructions

http://prosportgauges.com/#

The Digital Clock has 4 WIRES - YELLOW Battery + (Memory to keep the time upto date when Ign is off)
    RED - 12V+ Ignition Switch
    BLACK - Engine Ground -
    ORANGE - Dimmer control - Not used as this dims the display when the lights are on
    as the Spyder runs with lights on all the time the display would always be dim

The Digital Voltmeter 3 Wiires - YELLOW Battery +
    BLACK - Engine Ground -

The reason I went with the digital clock is the display is larger than the cluster display - Easier to read esp at night
    no other modifications needed e.g. Did not have to tap into the oil sender supply for oil temp etc

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My gauges were from PROSPORT Performance Smoke gauge series - See fitting instructions

http://prosportgauges.com/#

The Digital Clock has 4 WIRES - YELLOW Battery + (Memory to keep the time upto date when Ign is off)
    BLACK - Engine Ground -
    ORANGE - Dimmer control - Not used as this dims the display when the lights are on
    as the Spyder runs with lights on all the time the display would always be dim

The Digital Voltmeter 3 Wiires - YELLOW Battery +
    BLACK - Engine Ground -

The reason I went with the digital clock is the display is larger than the cluster display - Easier to read esp at night
    no other modifications needed e.g. Did not have to tap into the oil sender supply for oil temp etc

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK
    Thank you for the instructions on what wires to use, and another question. Did you wire both the clock and voltmeter together with the ignition wire and ground, or separate.

I agree with using the digital clock.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I'm a little old school I guess. I realize the time and temp are already displayed digitally. I disconnected the gas guage earlier due its inaccuracy. I like the "analog look" of the guages somebody else shared on the forum several months ago. I would share the link, but I can't figure out how to do it (lack of technical knowledge!). Anyway if you want to see what I'm looking at its on Amazon. Its called a Formotion Guage. There is a clock and a temperature guage. The pair sells for $70. You can get it with either a white backing or black.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    Thank you for the instructions on what wires to use, and another question. Did you wire both the clock and voltmeter together with the ignition wire and ground, or separate.

I agree with using the digital clock.
    I used seperate supply for both - LHS For the Voltmeter and a supply RHS for the Clock -
    Ran from an additional Fuse box added to my RT - see this thread for details :-

Fitting Additional Fuse Box to Spyder RT

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?32118-Help-Can-you-identify-these-brackets&p=366988#post366

If you want more Mod suggestions try the Forum - My Spyder Mods section - Loads of excellent idears and How to do the Mods
    from many Spyder Owners

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

Default Question about the gauges.....

Hope this helps

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Looks really nice... I have looked around at other gauges and these really look nice. Have they held up well with the weather? Also.. can you see them pretty well in daylight? Even though someone gave you crud on the site about already having a clock on the display, I am like you... cant see that tiny thing!!! So I think its a great idea as long as you can see it !!! So what say you????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RedRTS View Post
    Looks really nice... I have looked around at other gauges and these really look nice. Have they held up well with the weather? Also.. can you see them pretty well in daylight? Even though someone gave you crud on the site about already having a clock on the display, I am like you... cant see that tiny thing!!! So I think its a great idea as long as you can see it !!! So what say you????
    Did you notice the last post was 2012?
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue