Spyder Garage

Default GPS INFO REQUEST

I have a 2012 RT-S and I want to get a Garmin GPS w/LTM .....Does anyone know if my has the Bluetooth already in it ?, or should I get the GPS w/Bluetooth or something altogether different ??????....I read the owner's manual 4 times and it was no help in this connundrum.......HELP !!!!!!!!......Dee ..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I have a 2012 RT-S and I want to get a Garmin GPS w/LTM .....Does anyone know if my has the Bluetooth already in it ?, or should I get the GPS w/Bluetooth or something altogether different ??????....I read the owner's manual 4 times and it was no help in this connundrum.......HELP !!!!!!!!......Dee ..

The spyder does not have blue tooth built in. There are options, but simplistic is GPS with blue tooth and a blue tooth enabled headset

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer says

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    The spyder does not have blue tooth built in. There are options, but simplistic is GPS with blue tooth and a blue tooth enabled headset

harry
    Dealer says 2013 will have blue tooth (and new frame & front end...)
    [/IMG]

2012 RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium Metallic (traded in)
    2015 RT LTD SE6, Red Pearl, Ultra Comfort Seat
    MODS: shorty antenna, BajaRon sway bar, Air Hawk cushion, custom LED US flag, custom Sue Hopper painted SPECOPS hood logo, custom Combat Craft Crewman windshield engraving, cup holder, Doc Humphry's 2017 complete RT kit belt tensioner

Spyder Garage

The Zumo on my 2012 RT Limited has Bluetooth. I just paired it with my phone and it seems to work OK.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As stated by others, no Bluetooth on the 2012's. Be careful when looking at GPS's with Bluetooth as what most of them have is Bluetooth for phones. If you buy one of those and try to pair it directly with a Bluetooth headset, it won't work. You have to pair it with a phone and then the phone to the headset, all of which is beyond my understanding of Bluetooth. A more direct and simpler route is to get a GPS made for motorcycles like the expensive Zumo's that specifically include Bluetooth for headsets. And a headset that will pick it up. Or do what I do -- use a map!

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

The Zumo 660 GPS and TeamSet Pro from Cardo Systems is what I currently have. (I'm seriously looking at Sena for a future purchase.) Like others I'm sure, I have successfully paired my cell phone and headset to the 660 and controlled the cellphone via the GPS.

A second headset can be connected to the first for intercom communication with a passenger but to allow navigation prompts from the GPS the connection between the first headset and GPS needs to be established before adding the second headset to the mix. This may just be something peculiar to the TeamSet Pro.

Baja Ron - Dimple - Ultimate - Lamonster Garage - K&N - Smoothspyder - Amsoil - Hiflo - FOBO - Spyderpops

Sena - Dynaplug - Shoei - Tourmaster - Garmin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Cruysyn View Post
    The Zumo 660 GPS and TeamSet Pro from Cardo Systems is what I currently have. .
    Question:
    Can you give commands to the Zumo, or are you limited to just having it tell you where to go?
    (Like My Missus! )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Question:
    Can you give commands to the Zumo, or are you limited to just having it tell you where to go?
    (Like My Missus! )
    There are a couple ways you can tell the Zumo what to do. You can create a route directly on the Zumo or you can use their software called BaseCamp.

From the Garmin BaseCamp web page:

Use BaseCamp to plan your next hiking, biking, motorcycling, driving or off-roading trip. You can view maps, plan routes, and mark waypoints and tracks from your computer and then transfer them to your device.

I created a very basic route on the Zumo recently that took us from Clinton, MO. to Springdale, AR. Worked pretty good for what effort I put into it. Although I haven't used it but once or twice BaseCamp looks to be a rather powerful application to create a more detailed route to your destination.

Baja Ron - Dimple - Ultimate - Lamonster Garage - K&N - Smoothspyder - Amsoil - Hiflo - FOBO - Spyderpops

Sena - Dynaplug - Shoei - Tourmaster - Garmin

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcturner View Post
    The Zumo on my 2012 RT Limited has Bluetooth. I just paired it with my phone and it seems to work OK.
    Can person on other end her you? I can hear then but they can not hear me.

Mac

Mac Jordan
    Live in Gratitiude and Appreciation
    Vidalia, Ga
    Home of world famous
    Vidalia Sweet Onions

Spyder Garage

Default Zoomo 660

We have the Zumo 660 that came with the 2012 RT Limited. I purchased these head sets shortly after.
    Shark SHKMBT88I Motorcycle snowmobile Bluetooth Multi Interphone headsets Intercom pair

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s00_i00
    611NFZgkP8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    I connect via blue tooth on the Zumo, and the phone to the Zumo . So long as I have connected the GPS directions only come to my head set not through the stereo speakers, or to the passenger head set. Same goes for the phone, when a call comes in only I can hear or talk. When riding alone, I use the Zumo MP3 player with a 16 gig card in the Zumo, and the music goes to the headset. I like the stereo sound from that better than the bike speakers.
    2012 RT Limited: Utopia back rest, SealBoards, and Shark bluetooth communicators on VCAN Woody helmets.