Thread: COVER WHAT

Spyder Garage

Angry COVER WHAT

I am looking for more experienced travelers as to which cover to buy for my 2012 RT SE. I want to do some traveling this summer and would like to cover it at night if I stay at a motel or someplace. Want it for basic cover and just to hide it from prying eyes. Any Recommendations? Thanks for your help
    2012 RT SE Viper Red
    BRP Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Stainless Grills, IPS, Utopia backrest, Original Grip Buddies, Shorty antenna, Spyderpops radiator block off, cat shield and Bump Skid, Street Magic Magicflex channelz, Chrome Mirror covers, LED turn indicators on Mirrors, LED rear cargo light, Top rear Break Light Seal Style Floor Boards, Day Runner Lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I find the Can Am travel cover werx great , stores and goes on easy.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post

Spyder Garage

I use this cover. Good quality. Better price then Can-Am's cover.
    http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=1661

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chisel_maker View Post
    I use this cover. Good quality. Better price then Can-Am's cover.
    http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=1661
    You only get what you pay for and it's so true with covers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't really travel far enough to have given a truly fair test...
    But the BRP travel cover seems to do a pretty darn good job!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercoach View Post
    I am looking for more experienced travelers as to which cover to buy for my 2012 RT SE. I want to do some traveling this summer and would like to cover it at night if I stay at a motel or someplace. Want it for basic cover and just to hide it from prying eyes. Any Recommendations? Thanks for your help
    My can am cover worked well over week trip of 1,900 miles and 4 nights at motels. Top cover than came with RT limited

Mac Jordan
    Live in Gratitiude and Appreciation
    Vidalia, Ga
    Home of world famous
    Vidalia Sweet Onions

Spyder Garage

I bought a 8x10 Blue plastic tarp and 6 Bungee cords at Ocean State job lot for a total of $9 for my RT and it fits perfect without coming near the pipe and If its stolen I could care less!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Wal-mart sells a large motorcycle cover (cost around $20) that works well to cover our RS with saddlebags and rear trunk, so it would probably fit an RT. Never tried it on the RT since the Limited came with a travel cover.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Default Cover

I have a cycle shade that cover the seat and back rest.
    It has 6 bungee to attach it.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the Nelson Rigg full cover for the RS. Came with the bike. I figure a cheap (looking) cover is best on a trip, the more inconspicuous the better at not attracting attention from unsavory types - a Spyder is attention grabbing enough.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Marker

Originally Posted by Doug B

2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

This is on topic, i.e., covers, but a tad bit different. How bout the trailer cover? First, I know there is a trailer cover, but does it come with the purchase of the trailer or is that a separate item. If it's separate, then those of you with trailers what experience have you had, if any, with an after market cover or something home made?

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default COVER WHAT

I have both BRP full and travel covers. I use the travel cover 99% of the time simply because of ease of install. I can get caught in a rain and have the travel cover put on in 60 seconds. The full cover protects more, but take 5 minutes to put on. You don't want a blue Harbor Freight canvas scratching off your paint. Everything exposed on the travel cover can be wiped down on short order. FWIW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default COVER WHAT

Thanks for the reminder I just covered mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    This is on topic, i.e., covers, but a tad bit different. How bout the trailer cover? First, I know there is a trailer cover, but does it come with the purchase of the trailer or is that a separate item. If it's separate, then those of you with trailers what experience have you had, if any, with an after market cover or something home made?

Chris
    Since I do not have a garage to store spyder RTS and Rt622 trailer I use a Can am Full outdoor cover to cover spyder and the canam Rt trailer cover. The trailer cover is just thin nylon with soft under liner like the can am outdoor spyder cover has. The Rt622 can-am cover has a hard plastic snap and ring so that you can tighten the draw elastic that goes around the bottom of the cover so that he cover will not blow off. I have found that the plastic snap is so hard and the cover fits so tight that the snap will scuff the trailer finish while you are fighting to get the cover on the trailer so I have cut off this snap hook and the cover fits tight without it. For the money I was disappointed with the can-am trailer cover BRP could have at least sewn in an under liner in the cover like the can-am spyder cover has. The cover is somewhat waterproof but during a hard rain the trailer has gotten wet. I am going to go and get a quote on having a custom cover made for the trailer and I have also read on this forum that someone has found a giant bbq cover that fits. The cover is an accessory to the trailer.

RodMyers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I bought a 8x10 Blue plastic tarp and 6 Bungee cords at Ocean State job lot for a total of $9 for my RT and it fits perfect without coming near the pipe and If its stolen I could care less!!!
    have any pics?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post

Chris
    It does not come with the trailer. I like it, both for keeping the crud off when parked overnight, and for keeping the less motivated bad guys out. Parked in the light in front of your motel room, the cover would slow them down enough to leave your trailer alone. They can't just jimmy the lid.

I used to use an ATV cover, which fit quite loosely. I like the tight fitting BRP cover much better, and it is more waterproof (although it collects condensation just as badly).
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    You only get what you pay for and it's so true with covers.
    I have the CanAm full cover and a Nelson Rigg half cover. They're clearly different but like all things Can-Am you're paying for quality AND the name. I really like my half cover Nelson Rigg. Waterproof, warrantied, easy to put on and take off. Keeps dew and looky-loos off the seat and stuffs into a little bag.
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue