Spyder Garage

Default Potential new owner with a few questions...

I have located a 2010 RT SE5 with 1700 miles on it. It has several professionally made and installed aftermarket accessories like highway pegs, floor boards, hand brake, etc. It is beyond the manufacturer's warranty period and the owner states there are no issues at all with the bike. The asking price is $18,500. He designs and sells these aftermarket parts and is selling this RT to buy a 2013 model so he can fabricate products for it. It is my understanding that he owns several Spyders, at least one of each model.

My questions are this:

Is this a fair price for the bike?
    Is it a good idea to buy one that is out of warranty?
    Can I purchase a warranty and if so, where?
    Anything I should look for in particular for this year model?
    Anything other advice you could give?

Thanks so much in advance!

Jerry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Potential new owner with a few questions

My wife is new to her Spyder but we bought a 2010 RT-S SE5 for $17900 in Sept. It was from Conneticut. We live in Canada and I was looking and the cheapest I could find was $23800 plus taxes.

Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi, I see you are in Alabama and I'm wondering if you are looking at the Spyder that ISCI is selling? If so, you will be getting an awesome Spyder with very high quality accessories.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up value

hi just the few mods you mention are worth a couple of thousand dollars to buy so if its a gooden otherwise it sounds like a good deal.
    cheers mick

Spyder Garage

I think that one would be a good spyder to get. If it were me, I would call Berts and see if you can get a BRP best extended warranty for it. If so, I would jump on it.

I got the best warranty when I purchased my RT new. Even though I have not had any issues, I don't think I would have a 2010 that does not have a warranty...but that is just me.

Once my best warranty is up, I will most likely trade mine in...even though I love the silver...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The price is ok considering the extras and very low miles for a 2010. The early RT's had some issues that had been addressed over the years and the 2010 had its share. See if you can bring it to a dealer to check out to see if all the BRP upgrades and software fixes have been done. If you can get it insured great but if not I would still consider it as many of the problems can be fixed without spending a Fourtune. It does not seem that there are many 2012 new left over RT's going for $20,000 anymore but if you can find one of those I would for the $1,500 difference in price despite the "extras".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Hi, I see you are in Alabama and I'm wondering if you are looking at the Spyder that ISCI is selling? If so, you will be getting an awesome Spyder with very high quality accessories.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black