Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I think it boils down to being satisfied enough with what you've chosen to ride that uninformed, biased comments just don't bother you. They are entitled to their opinion, even if it has no basis in reality.

You should have been with us on the way to the Spyder Owner's event this year. 4 of us parked our Spyders in front of the convenience store at a gas station to take a break.

It was hotter than Africa and 1/2 way into a long haul. An old crusty Harley biker guy decides to come up and rag on our Spyders in general, and on Lamont's Spyder in particular (probably because it was the nicest one there).

This guy went way beyond rude and just kept piling it on. Guys like this usually don't get to me but this one was way over the top so I just walked away. He just continued to get worse and started to get in Lamont's face and I was thinking he might deck the guy.

But Lamont just kept on being the diplomat and the guy finally walked away.

Just saying, it really doesn't matter what the other guy thinks. If you're happy with your ride don't let someone come along and spoil it for you.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    You're not alone, One of our family friend couple for more than 25 yrs, never talk to us, avoid conversation avoid meeting after they found out we got our 2012 RT SE5 before them. It's too bad to lose the friendship this way. My wife and I did not plan this, we found out from our other friend after we have ours.

They were not really your friends if that caused a rift. Real friends would have called you up asking where the next ride should be.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My son and I were on our way back from Maggie Valley last year. We were both on 2009 RS Spyders. We went into a Huddle House for a quick breakfast and it was filled with an outlaw Motorcycle Club also coming back from the Tail of the Dragon. As we sat down to eat we can see the conversations and head turning to look over our Spyders was really going strong. Finally the Cub President came over to our table and asked if he could ask us about our rides? Of course I said and for the next hour we had an audience with the Cub. They were neither insulting nor overly fawning just curious about a new type of ride. The point is those that actuall ride their rides are usually open, curious and respectful. It's the posers that provide all of the "insight" on how Spyders don't handle, they are dangerous and would not be caught dead on one. After all 500 miles a year on a second hand ride makes you an expert!

Bye the way my son and I are Law Enforcement and both carry concealed. Makes talking to Outlaw Bikes more fun!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I think it boils down to being satisfied enough with what you've chosen to ride that uninformed, biased comments just don't bother you. They are entitled to their opinion, even if it has no basis in reality.

You should have been with us on the way to the Spyder Owner's event this year. 4 of us parked our Spyders in front of the convenience store at a gas station to take a break.

It was hotter than Africa and 1/2 way into a long haul. An old crusty Harley biker guy decides to come up and rag on our Spyders in general, and on Lamont's Spyder in particular (probably because it was the nicest one there).

This guy went way beyond rude and just kept piling it on. Guys like this usually don't get to me but this one was way over the top so I just walked away. He just continued to get worse and started to get in Lamont's face and I was thinking he might deck the guy.

But Lamont just kept on being the diplomat and the guy finally walked away.

Just saying, it really doesn't matter what the other guy thinks. If you're happy with your ride don't let someone come along and spoil it for you.
    I forgot all about that guy till you posted this.

I got some dope of Facebook that disrespects me every chance he gets and he and his wife both own Spyders. Bottomline for me is there are jerks in life that are just not worth wasting your time on. They are either envious of your ride or situation or they truly believe what they're saying and that's even sadder. Don't let people push your buttons, their your buttons so own them. I know it's easier said than done sometimes.

Spyder Garage

Default Supporting Spyders everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I forgot all about that guy till you posted this.

I got some dope of Facebook that disrespects me every chance he gets and he and his wife both own Spyders. Bottomline for me is there are jerks in life that are just not worth wasting your time on. They are either envious of your ride or situation or they truly believe what they're saying and that's even sadder. Don't let people push your buttons, their your buttons so own them. I know it's easier said than done sometimes.
    I can't believe that someone would disrespect OUR "Fonzie of Spyderlovers"
    I'm more like Potsie(sp?) and would have used sarcasm as well to let him know that it will take more than words to intimidate.
    Don't ever let them see you lose your cool, that's when they feel they won!
    Great job Lamont,.............
    Carry on Citizens!!!!

​KMORT44

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool never happened to me

hi all ive never had a negative comment ive had a lot of posatives though ,i dont know if its the wheelchair or the fact that i look like i might reach into your butt and turn you inside-out if you piss me off.
    cheers mick

Spyder Garage

Well, some folks just need a little more coaxing to see the light - like the college boy in Manhattan, KS, who decided to rev the engine of his ninja after he pulled up next to me. The light turned green, he popped the clutch, went about 15 feet before the front wheel went up and he went down. Idid help him pick up his bike and told him he might want to consider a Spyder. I work at amilitary base so we have to go through an access control point for an ID check. A Harley rider was going through at the gate next to me with his loud pipes. He looked at me laughed, and flipped me off. The guard gave him his ID back and he dropped it. For whatever reason, he looked down to see where his ID fell and tipped over. The guard just smiled and said that wouldn't have happened if he was riding a Spyder. Figure that said it all.
    KS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Bye the way my son and I are Law Enforcement and both carry concealed. Makes talking to Outlaw Bikes more fun!
    Law enforcement or not, any respectable Georgian has a concealed carry permit. Like my friend says, "If ever there is a third world war, Georgia is where I want to be." ;-)

The truth is that true motorcyclists are respectful and appreciate all rides...and most riders.

Spyder Garage

Stopped worrying what other people thought of what I do oor what I have - not worth the effort. If it makes me happy and doesn't hurt anyone else in the process - I don't loose sleep over it. LOVE MY SPYDER - IT'S MINE AND I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK. JUST RYDE!!!
    Bill
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders -- look for us in the Ryder Group/Club shortcut on the homepage.

New Ryders always welcome!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnirtsnod View Post
    The truth is that true motorcyclists are respectful and appreciate all rides...and most riders.
    That sums it up very well!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I get enough of these comments at lights, gas stations etc if u let it wind u up it solves nothing and this is far from friends ribbing each other like we do with just about anything.

Buuuuuuuuut with that being said

Occasionally I'll respond
    "oh? Huh... I wouldn't ride your dog but you sure seem to enjoy it. Now why don't u sit down have a coke an a smile an **** the ____ up before u say something stupid."

I get a lil sarcastic doesn't get to me but it's always fun to flip it.

Just be you and do you an let the there's, eh who gives a **** about anyone else your too busy having fun

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just smile and they leave me alone232323232fp58=ot>232;=348=3;;=XROQDF>232349664649-ot1lsi.jpeg

click on the photo for a clearer view

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just for WIW. I have a friend in WI, a Harley retiree. He worked in Developement, and in about 96~, or so, the engineers and designers took a "Y" design to the CEO. He took one look at the prints, and said something like, "No Harley will ever be made like that!" So far, he's been proven right. Don't think HD has sold anything like the 30,000? plus??? that BRP has. Not that it matters one whit, but I don't think I even want to try an HD trike. All I can think of, when I see how high and narrow they are, is just how much it would hurt, if I went over the high-side on one, and the rear end flipped on top of me. At least a Gold Wing "looks" like it might have enough length and width to be more stable than the Harley trike. Don't know, cuzz I've not tried either of those, but I do know the Spyder corners pretty flat, and a whooool lot faster than this Old Fart dares to.

Negative comments? In 2 years, and 10K of Ryding, I have yet to hear my first one. Knock on wood. For those who have been "insulted", just read back through the posts in this thread and pick your sharp answers.

Spyder Garage

Returning back to Houston from Louisiana after spending t-day with the family, I had to make a stop in one of the small towns along I-10 during my travel at one of those travel center gas stations. You know, larger than your regular corner auto gas station, but not quite the size of a Trucker gas island.

Well, I'd just pulled up to a pump, trailer in tow, and began pumping my fuel when a jacket/patch wearing custom HD rider pulled up and started getting gas at the opposite pump. He had ape hangers, tassels etc. I think you get the idea. Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you. I really don't care what folks ride, its always good to see someone riding two wheels no mater what the model.

Seconds later, a fellow walks over coming from his big 4x4 chevy pickup truck and says to me ..."man that ride is bad-ass!" I've seen them on TV, but haven't ever seen one on the highway yet! That is one sweet machine!"

You could almost hear the HD rider on the other pump grinding his teeth :-)

I thanked the guy for the compliments, answered all his questions, turned on my heated grips and rode off in comfort
    Last edited by revjvegas; 11-27-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

I don't ride around on my Spyder expecting, or hoping, to be admired, so I remain unaffected by any derogatory comments I happen to overhear.

In the 21st Century people understand 4 wheels. Mostly they understand 2 wheels. But 3 wheels only makes sense to a relatively small number of people. Some of those can be found here, huddled together talking in small groups on the forums of SpyderLovers.com.

Anybody who thinks that a new ride improves their status in the community is delusional. If you are known as a bad person by society, you will continue to be seen as a bad person but with a fresh set of wheels. Society is a hell of a lot smarter and a lot less forgiving than some people would like to think...

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

When i was 5 years old The best comebacks were, Oh yea well Your Mother wears Combat Boots!!
    Then you stick out your tongue..

I assume most riders are past 5, So get a thick skin and lose your insecurity's and'

''IGNORE''Them!!!!

Spyder Garage

Gee, my only story is a 'ricer' pulled up next to me in my lane at a stop light. He was quick; just as the light turned green, he hit my kill switch and took off. I followed him to my barber shop's parking lot where I went inside to the barber shop. It was my barber who had done it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well that was a close shave!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Well that was a close shave!
    Bob Denman, please report to the Principal's Office, Bob, report to the Principal's Office.....

I feel left out of this Spyder thing...I bought BR1 in March of 2011. I have had very few comments...all positive about my Spyder. I ride with a large group every Saturday. All brands of scoots and no one says anything other than when I showed up the first day and they said "nice" or something like that or which do you like batter, your Wing or BR1. (I like both, just different rides)

This past Friday, my local Harley dealer (Javaleno HD, Boerne, TX) was having free tacos and coffee. I dropped by and got the ussual questions and several "I will go to three wheels on of these days." Why do I not get kidded or receive crude remarks? Everyone brags and give positive comments on BR1 and Punkin' when I am parked....! They can't see my concealed carry. I am 80, but no one respects age these days. I have a DV plate, but in front you can't see it. I have not figured it out. Oh well, no big deal, I just feel left out....ha ha

A javaleno is a small, wild pig here in south Texas.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Now comes the other side of the coin. The 44 yo woman next door couldn't stop laughing at me and saying how gay it looked when she saw me riding Thursday. I reminded her that two of her last four weeks were spent out of work because she fell off a bar stool and broke her tail bone...and that the extent of her riding was in a cushy suv. The last neighbor to pull up and stop was a former H-D rider who stopped riding when, after trailering his bike to FL, he bogged down in the sand when pulling off the road, throwing him and his wife to the sandy shoulder. His comment? "So you got you an old man's bike?" He who got unnerved and gave up riding had the nerve to acuse me of selling out when I had two motorcycles in my drive. It was all I could do not to call him out for his ironic (and moronic) comment.

My point? Respect others' decisions when they harm nobody else. If you like it, say something nice. If not, honk and wave when you go by...or just go by.[/QUOTE]

All I can say is that I agree with your comment point and That "Stupid is as Stupid Does" for the other side of the coin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Bob Denman, please report to the Principal's Office, Bob, report to the Principal's Office.....
    A javaleno is a small, wild pig here in south Texas.
    Are they best when served with jalapenos?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FAMILY FRIENDS ???????

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    You're not alone, One of our family friend couple for more than 25 yrs, never talk to us, avoid conversation avoid meeting after they found out we got our 2012 RT SE5 before them. It's too bad to lose the friendship this way. My wife and I did not plan this, we found out from our other friend after we have ours.
    " Family Friends," IMHO I don't think they ever were.....so don't shed any TEARS ....they are/were not worth it..................just saying..........Mike....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

well I would post a doors people are strange video but won't waste the band

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just as an afterthought, from my trip to Elkhart Lake in WI, two years ago, and going to and from the races at Road America. That's Harley country, up there, and you just don't get many waves from the biggest 98% of those guys. Fact is, I came away thinking that they took my waves as an insult! Yet, I didn't get one negative comment from anyone, while in the area.

Spyder Garage

Default This says it all

Spyder Mods: 23"ultra touring windshield, SpyderAttitude Exhaust, BRP fog Lights, Can Am Wind Deflectors, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Pyle Amplifier w/wired remote, 4x6 Pioneer Speakers, Amber GlorRyders, Spyderpops Missing Air Dam, Joe Florida Amber Accent lighting, Misty Mountain Sheepskin Seat cushion, Custom Dynamics 4" Risers, Street Magic Highway Footrest Brackets,Spyder Footrests, Spyder Driver Footpegs, Spyder Brake Cover, Spyder Shifter Cover, Can Am Hard Bags