Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Handling smilies.

How the heck do you work around those smilies? I just posted again, in "Just a thought", or whatever I called it, and put in a couple of smilies, which are just fine and fun, in their own right, but I couldn't get back ahead of one of them to add an additional sentence. (The first smilie, here, prompted the second, I just couldn't help myself) The block containing the (More) smilies are an even bigger mystery to me. How do you drag those onto a page and insert them?

While I'm at it, I might as well confess to another area of ignorance. I don't know how to capture and insert a quote, either. I notice that you guys and gals put them in every which way, but I haven't tumbled to how it's done, and I'm getting sick of sitting here, feeling stupid.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Wells View Post
    How the heck do you work around those smilies? I just posted again, in "Just a thought", or whatever I called it, and put in a couple of smilies, which are just fine and fun, in their own right, but I couldn't get back ahead of one of them to add an additional sentence. (The first smilie, here, prompted the second, I just couldn't help myself) The block containing the (More) smilies are an even bigger mystery to me. How do you drag those onto a page and insert them?

While I'm at it, I might as well confess to another area of ignorance. I don't know how to capture and insert a quote, either. I notice that you guys and gals put them in every which way, but I haven't tumbled to how it's done, and I'm getting sick of sitting here, feeling stupid.
    On the bottom of the post look for this "Reply With Quote" and it will put in the quote with the reply. As for adding to a sentence before/after the smiley, just click the pointer to where you want to type.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And practice WILL make perfect...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    On the bottom of the post look for this "Reply With Quote" and it will put in the quote with the reply. As for adding to a sentence before/after the smiley, just click the pointer to where you want to type.
    It works just likes this

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This sentence was written next-to-last, cuzz I can't put my words/fingers beyond that last smilie. I never wanted to kill a smile, before!THIS sentence was written last, because I need to tell Marker "Thanks a whole lot!"

OoooKaaay! Now, I can't get beyond that first smilie! I can start back here, but I can't move my cursor beyond that first smilie. Can't delete it, or jump around it.Ok, I'll try it again. OK, I'll try it. This was actually written last, because I can't get by the little monster on the right! .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well, that was a bust. Really, guys, how the heck do you recover, if you hit on a smilie, and change your mind? I can't get beyond the silly first smilie that I put in. It just stays there, at the end, and I can't hop around it! Well, sometimes, I hit just the right key and the dang thing jumps all the way to the top!. AND, noone even touched on how to get one of the smilies off the "more" screen.

Spyder Garage

AND, noone even touched on how to get one of the smilies off the "more" screen.
    On the "more" screen, I just click on the symbol

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

OK, I'll try it again, right here. What the heck? This came off the "more" screen! And again! OK,--------what the heck did you do??????? ------------------------------------------ But!!!!, This "I don't know smilie" gets to what I was talking about. You see, I put him right at the end of the "what the heck did you do?" comment, and now, he's gonna stay right here as long as I keep chasing him! I can't put my cursor beyond him. Wait! I just got rid of him! I got, I got it!
    Ah jist went yonder an gut-im agi-yun, jist fer fun.
    Clicked on the smilie and hit the "enter" key,
    Ah diyud, and thuh dang thang jist rat
    up an went yonder!
    Thanks.
    I guess.

Now, about those quotes?
    Dick Wells

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

WHAT????????

Spyder Garage

Now, about those quotes?
    Dick Wells
    As stated above.......click on "reply with Quote" in lower right, under the post you want to quote.
    Click and hold, right behind the first " ] " and hi-lite anyhing you want to delete, up to the last " [ " then delete it.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Bigarm, but, on my screen, there are no "reply with quotes" anywhere on it! The previous posts only have a very thin line between them. Is there a chance I've done something like hit a wrong key and lost that feature. I vaguely rememember seeing what you described, but it just isn't here, now.

Daisy Joe: Sorry to throw you with my poor attempt at a Texas accent. I have it all around me, down here in Brownsville where we spend the Winter, where (and) is an, (again) is agi-yun, (I did) is Ah di-yud, (thing) is thang, and (right) is rat, or raht. I can talk it, myself, but writing it isn't so easy. Not poking fun at anyone. Haven't any axe to grind, in the accent department, when a Vermont accent is fully as far out as any Texas accent; just a different way of speaking, that's all. Just ask a Yankee what night it is, on a Saturday-night! In Vermont, you just might get, "Wal, tonoyt's Sad-de-noyt, ain't it? Robert Frost said that a Yankee is a man who eats pie for breakfast. I've eaten a lot of pie for breakfast, myself. Wal, that' poy, if yuh wanna speak V-mont.
    I've ett a lotta crow, too.

I admit to being somewhat illiterate, being a hick from up in the sticks. I read reading pretty good, but I don't read writing very good, at all, and I don't write writing at all. Sorry, that shoud be readin, and writin.
    Last edited by Dick Wells; 11-28-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

What are you using? PC, laptop, iPad(tablet).....? On our tablet the whole site looks a lot different and I usually don't try to do any do-dads to make my posts more fun. I save fun stuff for times I'm on our PC. I'm sure there are ways to do it but I just read and reply on our tablet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

quote from Daisyjoe - WHAT????????
    OK. For once, Ill just stop the poor attempts at levity, and post a straight line of dialog.
    I just went back to your last post, Bigarm, and tried to re-orient myself. Went to Daisyjoe's post, and viola!; there's the "reply with quote" option, big-as-you-please. I just clicked on it, and the reply screen pops right up, with the quote already on it, just like you knew it would. You haven't any idea how hard it is to live in this "Old Farts" body and mind! Sometimes, a thing can be right there in front of me, and the obvious doesn't register. Took me all this time, until night-before last, to finally realize that those three bangheads up there, couldn't be installed until after I'd finished the next sentence, or, at least one word.
    Which started this whole waste of time and space. Where's the apology smily?

Thanks for bearing with me.