Spyder Garage

Default Startron Vs Lucas Fuel additive

Been using the Startron gas additive as we don't have anything but ethanol here in Central Tx. but it's not always in stock so I looked at the Lucas gas additive. trying it this week, anyone used Lucas? seems to run smoother with additive hope the Lucas works as good.
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AbNormy View Post
    Been using the Startron gas additive as we don't have anything but ethanol here in Central Tx. but it's not always in stock so I looked at the Lucas gas additive. trying it this week, anyone used Lucas? seems to run smoother with additive hope the Lucas works as good.
    I'm on my first tank with Startron and have not used the Lucas. Hopping it helps the Spyder run better.

I would recommend looking at a power sports dealership for Startron. I found mine at my BRP dealer. They use this to help keep the water out of the gas in the water craft.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AbNormy View Post
    My RS runs smoother with Startron also. Amazing when I don't use it for a few tanks and then add it
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    I would recommend looking at a power sports dealership for Startron. I found mine at my BRP dealer. They use this to help keep the water out of the gas in the water craft.
    Look in Walmart in the boating section
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Startron Vs Lucas Fuel additive

Walmart boat section is where i looked supposedly they stock Startron. Lucas states its for overcoming probs with gasahol. Will report back.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydr in KS View Post
    Look in Walmart in the boating section
    Yep, For some reason' that's where they hide it.

Spyder Garage

Default Interchanging

Been alternating between the Lucas and the StarTron for a number of weeks now and see no difference between the products. Pyder does run differently with either additive rather than without.YMMV. What I run usually depends on the sale prices at Tractor Supply or Wallyworld.
    Just my experience.

Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

I have always used Star Tron in my boats and get it at West Marine or Auto Zone. I have also see it on Walmart.com for store pick up.

Spyder Garage

I bought Startron at local marine store also.
    2012 Spyder RT

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I used Seafoam for years in my bikes. I alternate with it when I can't find Startron.

Spyder Garage

Default Marvel mystery oil

Anyone ever use marvel mystery in there Spyder?

QUOTE=danlnc;543349]I used Seafoam for years in my bikes. I alternate with it when I can't find Startron.[/QUOTE]

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by meancj7 View Post
    Anyone ever use marvel mystery in there Spyder?
    [/QUOTE]

Back in the 60's When engine tolerances were not as tight as now days i used it and also Risione,
    But now For gas treatment i use Star-Tron or Sta-bil.
    Most manufacturers state ''Do not use any gas or oil treatments in their vehicles''
    But who reads manuals.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    I bought Startron at local marine store also.
    My napa store has startron if you buy the diesel formula it's the same and twice as strong use half and save money it's only a dollar more per bottle
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Have been using the Lucas additive since day one with my RTS. Runs great, very happy with performance 4,500 miles so far.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

Good places to look for Startron are Walmart marine section as stated, some Autozones, some Napa stores, any quality marine/boat center, most motorsports dealers, and almost all quality lawn mower centers.
    Startron was developed by a chemical co. in Japan and is licensed to be produce by Star Brite in the US and is called Startron and by a co. in Europe and is sold as Soltron. If you can find Soltron it is the exact same thing. Our Napa store carries the Soltron in a larger bottle and makes it cheaper than Strartron. The Soltron bottle treats 500 gal.
    I will not run a tank of gas without this stuff in my Spyder or my car, great product!

Oh and just incase some new users are looking at this, Startron is sold in two different consintrations. The stuff most lawn care and motorsports shops sell is half strength. The stuff Walmart and all marine centers sell is the full strength and overall makes it cheaper because you only use half as much even if it cost a little more. If you find it at an auto center you just have to look. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by StriperKing; 11-22-2012 at 11:12 PM.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

I have been searching and it appears Startron and Stabil Marine Formula basically do the same thing ?? Any one compare the 2?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I have used Lucas in all my vehicles for years. 2, 3 and 4 wheels. Catch it onsale at auto zone and stock up. About 1 oz per tank on the spyder keeps fuel system clean and running top notch in spite of the dreaded ethanol.
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AutoZone up here in my neck of the woods has all of them; StarTron, Sea Foam, and Sta-Bil... I'm trying StarTron this year for the first time, so I'll keep you posted as to what differences I can note with it.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black