Thread: smoothspyder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default smoothspyder

has anyone tried a belt tension part for spyder how well does it ?

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bob edward View Post
    has anyone tried a belt tension part for spyder how well does it ?

Bob

I Have one on my Spyder RT-S SE5 2010 Model - Can't fault it - Well pleased with it

Suggest you put SMOOTHSPYDER in the Advance Search Box RHS of Home page - Results- there should be many Threads on the SmoothSpyder enough for you to make an informed judgement

Hope this helps

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lots of folks seem to like them...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up its good

hi , ive had a tensioner on for about 200 miles and i cant fault it ,it smoothes out that annoying vibration at about 4.5 - 5.5 thousand rpm
    no more hand tingles while riding
    cheers mick

Spyder Garage

2012 RT had it on for about 8k now works great.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

With the reduced belt tension on the RS it is almost essential to have an idler pulley to keep the belt from slapping at certain RPMs. Maybe the best mod i have made to my Spyder.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ordered, last night. Confirmation of shipment received today! Only negative, so far? Had to pay $15 shipping, with no indication on the supplier's site that SL's get free shpping. Not complainting, mind, just feeling that sense of loosing the two bottles of cheep wine I could've had.
    DW

Spyder Garage

I would have ordered one of these already but I don't have confidence in myself to install something like this. Maybe this spring I may find my self near the TN/NC boarder and could find some assistance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NCSpyderRT View Post
    I would have ordered one of these already but I don't have confidence in myself to install something like this. Maybe this spring I may find my self near the TN/NC boarder and could find some assistance.
    I am pretty sure you could install it. Assuming you are capable of working at the lower end of the bike. I would guess the guy who sells them (forgot his name at the moment) would be willing to talk you through it. Most of the vendors on here go above and beyond the call of duy to make their customers happy. I once lived in a land where that was normal.
    Last edited by Recluze; 11-23-2012 at 02:41 PM.

#610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

That's still normal in my shop, my business phone is my personal phone, call me at any reasonable hour any day of the week, happy to answer any questions, Happy Thanksgiving!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

First of all, I'd like to apologize for my smart-mouth remark on my last post, about the shipping charges and wine. Ain't the first time my mouth or fingers have embarrassed me. Reason? Got a notifiction from PayPal, and from Capt'n Jim that there is a refund on the way! The earlier post by someone, giving the Spyder Lover's price, is correct.

Neither is this the first time that I've gotten a pleasant surprise, when dealing with a SL's supporting vendor. Probably not a surprise to longer-term members. Now, I have another, SmoothSpyder, to add to the list, which includes Baja Ron and Cow Town. In a world where most of us have come to expect poor service in just about any business dealings you can name, it's really nice to find out that there are really good folks out there who treat the customer the way that things used to be, way back when. Thank you, Jim.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Wells View Post
    First of all, I'd like to apologize for my smart-mouth remark on my last post, about the shipping charges and wine. Ain't the first time my mouth or fingers have embarrassed me. Reason? Got a notifiction from PayPal, and from Capt'n Jim that there is a refund on the way! The earlier post by someone, giving the Spyder Lover's price, is correct.

Neither is this the first time that I've gotten a pleasant surprise, when dealing with a SL's supporting vendor. Probably not a surprise to longer-term members. Now, I have another, SmoothSpyder, to add to the list, which includes Baja Ron and Cow Town. In a world where most of us have come to expect poor service in just about any business dealings you can name, it's really nice to find out that there are really good folks out there who treat the customer the way that things used to be, way back when. Thank you, Jim.
    Well done Dick Wells for taking the time out to correct your earlier thread and putting the record straight

Some will have read the ealier thread and may have made up their minds not to pursue business with Capt'n Jim
    I have to agree that if you have any problems with SL Vendors, approach them 1st they don't want negitive feedback as its
    not good for Business its always in their intrests to have satisfied customers

I have used many of the vendors on this website and I am always happy to endorse them to others
    In this day and age its difficult to find excellent service, But as most of us find when using SpyderLovers vendors not impossible

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

No offense taken, glad you brought it to my attention. SL members can send me a PM before purchasing for the discount. Thanks for replying, all is good!

Spyder Garage

Default smootherspyder

does this void warrienty

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recluze View Post
    With the reduced belt tension on the RS it is almost essential to have an idler pulley to keep the belt from slapping at certain RPMs. Maybe the best mod i have made to my Spyder.
    I had one on my RS, and plan on getting one for my RT.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I can't remember where but I read somewhere that the spring loaded belt tensioner lowers your road clearence drasticlly. Is that true?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I can't remember where but I read somewhere that the spring loaded belt tensioner lowers your road clearence drasticlly. Is that true?<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur---Mexico View Post
    I can't remember where but I read somewhere that the spring loaded belt tensioner lowers your road clearence drasticlly. Is that true?<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    It lowers it about an inch. I had never noticed it before. It comes down to just about the same height as the exhaust manifold. I didn't measure it that closely. I am not going to go experiment but my guess is that the nose is going to hit something long before that idler pulley will. And I don't even drive on gravel roads with a Spyder so I am sure that it will not cause me a problem.

#610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Got my SmoothSpyder a week-ago tomorrow, and have forgotten to mention it in here. Thanks for the quick turn-around.
    Have to say that the thing looks like a quality piece. It looks like it will be a pretty straight-forward installation process, and I doubt anyone with a few mechanical skills would have much trouble with it.
    Thanks, Capn Jim, I'll let Y'all know when it's done, and how I like it.
    DW