Spyder Garage

Default Cluster Replacement

I have a 2010 RT and had my dash cluster replaced with the 2011 cluster. I recently did some night driving and noticed that the dash did not have a night mode like my 2010 did. The 2010 changed colors, it was darker with some of the display changing yellow, and seemed to dim somewhat when in the night mode. Do you think it is now working as designed (with the 2011 dash) or might there be something wrong with the dash or a related sensor ?
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

The 2011 cluster also has night mode. Yours may be faulty.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Screen change after dark

The one in my 2011 RT goes from white to dark blue in the main "screen" part. The "change arrows" do go to yellow, I just went out to the garage to check, threw my jacket over the "dashboard" and the two changes above are all I noticed.
    I'm normally too busy looking for deer on these country roads to notice very much else.

Tuck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Could this be something that is handled by the "Preferences" screen?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black