Spyder Garage

Question 2012 RT limited question

So I Noticed the other night my front hand grips have stopped working. So today I notice my fog loghts are not working. I checked the fuse rail under the seat and they all seem good. Is there a relay box. And if so where is it? Or has anybody had this problem and knows what the fix. Or is this a sign of a bigger issuse.

Spyder Garage

The circuit fuses are in the front trunk. You need to unzip the liner to get to the fuse box. Fuse F8 feeds the heated grips, fog lights, horn, and electric trunk opener...through the load shedding relay R5.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 11-11-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Checked all fuses and they are good and relays are at least seated. Still no help. I do know the horn and trunk opener still both work as they should.

Spyder Garage

The only thing these systems have in common is the fuse, the load-shedding relay, and some wiring. Most of that is also shared with the horn and reverse actuator (and trailer module?). Odd problem, that is going to take some careful troubleshooting.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's still under warranty; call your dealer and have them take a look under the Tupperware!
    Good Luck! Let us know what the culprit was!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I hope you realize that these components don't work unless the Spyder is running. They can't be tested by merely turning on the key. Also note that the grip heaters take some time to warm up, so you won't know if they are on instantly. If you have recognized these limitations, and they still don't work, see your dealer.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Yes I know the motor needs to be running. Good tip though! The first thing I noticed were the grips. Cold night = Frozen hands. A couple days later I happened to hit the fog light switch and no fog lights. I have check fuses under seat and relay book in the frunk. Even swap te relays around to make sure they were good. It just may be time to take her in. First real problem I have had since I got my in June. 4300 miles so far

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sounds as if a trip to the dealer is in order. YOur bike is still under warranty, so let them fix it...
    good luck! Please let us know what, or who the culprit was!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black