Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy remove and replace battery

I have to remove and replace battery on my 2009 RS. I had Givi saddlebags put on and I can't figure how to remove the rear taillight.
    I am stuck as the hardware for the saddlebag is off but the taillight still won't come off. please help

Spyder Garage

The taillight does not need to come off. Remove the left center tupperware panel ( 4 screws). Remove the left rear tupperware panel. One screw front, 3 screws underside, 2 plastic reusable plastic rivets top. Disconnect the turn signal wires. Your there!!

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Lift your seat up. There are two small plastic rivets there. On the left side looking forwad. Take out the center portion of the dart. Now look up from the rear wheel in the same area and you will find 4 torx screws holding up that side of the rear wheel splash guard. Remove them. Go to the middle of the bike and there will be one more torx screw holding the front part of the panel on. Remove it. Remove the inner section of the the plastic rivets. The panel will come completely free except for the tail light wires. Pinch the connector and pull them apart. The panel is now free and the battery is exposed.

I recited all of this from memory but it is the left rear upper panel under the seat that needs to come off. The plastic rivets are the only 'hidden' fasteners.
    Last edited by Recluze; 11-10-2012 at 10:47 AM.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

Default Givi Bags

Because of the Givi Bags, the turn signal lights are bolt under the spyder. you will have to remove the cover above the rear tire and then you will be able to see where the Givi Bags have moved the turn signals. again you will have to unbolt the one of the left side to take the panel off the spyder to see the battery, you might be able to just rotate the side panel to do the battery. you will just have to look at it.