Thread: Heat problem

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Heat problem

My friend have the radiator managment system and heat shield from Spyderpops. But still too hot. Has anyone remove the radiator bottom tupperware? And it is worth it?

Spyder Garage

Default heat

hey wil, take off your bottom splash pans. this lets lots of heat out underneath. big improvement. no ill effects. plus, it's lamonster approved
    it was fun while it lasted.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    hey wil, take off your bottom splash pans. this lets lots of heat out underneath. big improvement. no ill effects. plus, it's lamonster approved
    I have done this on both my RTs and have noticed no heat problems even without the spyderpops fix...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...Pulled mine off the bike also; no problems and no heat issues ever!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Maybe 11 years ago when I was living on the island I would be worried on removing the bottom panels due to the road conditions there. But the last couple of trips I've done I've seen some improvements on the roads so I can say that it is safe!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What if you just make series of holes under instead removing the whole panel? This way you'll get hot air to exit and still protection underneath.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There was a thread in here covering that very topic! I think I recall that they used a 2" holesaw...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Leave well enough alone

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredopr View Post
    My friend have the radiator managment system and heat shield from Spyderpops. But still too hot. Has anyone remove the radiator bottom tupperware? And it is worth it?
    Some things are best just left alone; particularly heat removal from the engine and cooling system. Blocking heat and hot air from an easy exit will only send the heat somewhere else. I noticed my cooling system Temp went up after installing the heat mods, etc. Took them off, replaced the panels and it ran cooler.

I'm getting a lot of heat at the fuel door on my Corbin Seat. I don't think it is insulated as well as the OEM Comfort Seat.

Again, when a major part of a vehicle is changed, it cause reactions in other systems. I love the Corbin seat and now I have to get my headers and exhaust wrapped to shield the heat coming though the seat. Don't get me wrong; I am glad I switched seats.

The only reason for heat mods I can think of is to use highway pegs, which I was going to do. My Seal floorboard pups give me all the foot freedom I need.

besides, I wonder how many have added a hand brake that use the highway pegs to counter the safety issue.

Always...Point! Counter Point!

My thoughts

Spyder Garage

I did both, spyderpops and bottom pans removed and quite frankly I find just a little benefit, at least here in
    Az. Sitting in traffic with 90 plus temp. nothing but a hugh fan is going to work.
    Last edited by Campverdefela; 11-08-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

I was getting so much heat on my legs that I had to wear soccer shun guards. Thanks to some suggestions on spyderlovers, I had the gaskets checked and two of them were leaking. (2011 RS-S). Now no heat.