Spyder Garage

Default Grass Hopper Lookin Thang

Stopped at Sams Hide A Way for a cold beer. They claim to be the southern most bar on the U.S. mainland. In steps a big guy dressed in black leathers and a red bandana shouting "Who ownes that grasshopper lookin thang". I turned on my stool to face him and asked if he was refering to the spyder. He responded by saying that my spyder was parked in the motorcycle only parking and that his friends had no place to park. I asked the big guy what he was ridding and he said he had a Road King. I told him that they dont call them Road Kings anymore since the Spyder was introduced. The big guy looked a little perplexed and I thought it a great time to make my exit. When I stepped outside I noticed four even bigger guys also dressed in black leathers and red bandanas that had my Spyder surrounded. Guess they were trying to make some kind of fashion statement. I stepped with confidence wearing my flip flops, cut off jeans and my Jimmy Buffet tank top past them and got on my Spyder. I told the guys to stand clear and also to put on some ear protection as I was getting ready to fire the Spyder up. I looked in the mirror to see them laughing and slapping each other on the back. One even had his fingers in his ears. I yelled back "Hi Ho Silver Away" as I turned South back to Key Largo.
    Last edited by Captain Fin; 11-07-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

"I just ordered up a beer and sat down at the bar
    When some guy walked in and said, "Who owns this car
    With the peace sign, the mag wheels and the four on the floor?"

Well he looked at me and I damn near died
    And I decided that I'd just wait outside
    So I laid a dollar on the bar and headed for the door

Just when I thought I'd get outta there with my skin
    These 5 big dudes come strollin' in
    With this one old drunk chick and some fella with green teeth

Now I was almost to the door when the biggest one
    Said, "You tip your hat to this lady, son!"
    And when I did, all that hair fell out from underneath

Now the last thing I wanted was to get into a fight
    In Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday night
    Especially when there was three of them and only one of me

They all started laughin' and I felt kinda sick
    And I knew I better think of something pretty quick
    So I just reached out and kicked old green teeth right in the knee

Now he let out a yell that'd curl yer hair
    But before he could move I grabbed me a chair
    And said "Now watch him Folks cause he's a furly dangerous man!"

"Well you may not know it but this man is a spy.
    He's a undercover agent for the FBI
    And he's been sent down here to infiltrate the Ku Klux Klan!"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

LOL....never heard the "grasshopper" remark before.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

A little courtesy might be in order. Two, maybe four, bikes can fit into one parking place, and a Spyder doesn't have the security issues two wheelers have. Leave the close in spots for the two wheelers.

All in leathers and red bandanas? New leather? Probably layers and accountants or wannabes.

Spyder Garage

Hmmmmmmm

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tl440 View Post
    All in leathers and red bandanas? New leather? Probably layers and accountants or wannabes.
    My thought also... poseurs!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

A little courtesy might be in order. Two, maybe four, bikes can fit into one parking place, and a Spyder doesn't have the security issues two wheelers have. Leave the close in spots for the two wheelers.

No matter what some people wish them to be the fact is that the Spyder and also my Tri Glide are not Motorcycle's, And should use a regular space.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    No matter what some people wish them to be the fact is that the Spyder and also my Tri Glide are not Motorcycle's, And should use a regular space.
    "… the Spyder and also my Tri Glide are not Motorcycles…" That's an interesting comment. Our Spyders sometimes fit the category and sometimes they don't. I mostly agree about the parking. But the Spyders are at the International Motorcycle Shows, and some states require a motorcycle license to ride a Spyder. But many 2-wheel riders just laugh at us. Our poor Spyders really struggle with their identity.

Bernie
    --
    RT-S (Blue) with Power Sports Wrap Racing Stripes
    BajaRon's Sway Bar
    Kewl Metal Gizmo Mount
    Rivco Flag Mounts
    NBV Highway Pegs

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hberninger View Post
    "… the Spyder and also my Tri Glide are not Motorcycles…" That's an interesting comment. Our Spyders sometimes fit the category and sometimes they don't. I mostly agree about the parking. But the Spyders are at the International Motorcycle Shows, and some states require a motorcycle license to ride a Spyder. But many 2-wheel riders just laugh at us. Our poor Spyders really struggle with their identity.

So that's the problem? I'm going to have to schedule my Spyder for counseling.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Default Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

What security issues would qualify a two wheel motorcycle to have priority over a three wheel motorcycle when it comes to parking?

What in your opinion is a wannabe?

I guess all the States that have classified the Spyder as a motorcycle need to change their laws as one such as You from the fruit nut State has so wisely determined. Dont just trust me but it has been debated on this forum and by State DOT departments far more qualified than You that the Spyder is a motorcycle. I nor any other Spyder owner should give it a second thought about parking in a motorcycle only area. Those that have identity issues should seek professional counseling. I Am available.

As for courtesy: I Am a disabled vet. with most of my disability occuring in my legs. The motorcycle parking is within 25 feet of the front door to this bar.

The thought would never occur to me to walk into a bar asking who ownes the Road King parked in the motorcycle parking only and ask them to leave so I can park my Spyder. It should be first come first to park.

You may be too young but I was living close to Daytona Beach, Fl. when groups of bikers declared war on rice burners ( Jap. Bikes) and were picking them up at the bars and throwing them into a pile and burning them. They even declared war on each other over the colors they were wearing. I hope that is not the the B's that you are refering to in a wannabe.
    Last edited by Captain Fin; 11-09-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Friday morning and things are getting a bit testy already...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

long ago and far away when i worked in a rock and roll band....

{oh bragging here-- we opned for the original Lynard Skynard, Sly and the Family Stone, REO Speedwagon.. and others.. I forget.. it was that time however}

we use to play at some pretty badA** biker bars.. I always rode my 175 Honda in.. and parked it between the HD's .. at this one club.. DuTcH , said.. "scOtTie you are giving us a bad reputation.. so i shrugged my shoulders and said .. ok.. pay us now and I'll move my bike.. thus saith the young man with hair to the middle of his back...... Dutch just shook his head and said "maN you will Never Do.. " and smiled..

A buddy of mine came to see us play there on his Kawasaki.. and backed up to the curb and came in for a beer.. leather/bandana guy came in and exclaimed "who parked that piece of ***t next to a real motorcycle?" Bruce being Bruce.. says "I don't know, but on the sissy bar it has an HD.. that must mean Horse Dung"

Dutch had to run from behind the bar to keep mr Bandana in toe.. Bruce , my buddy for so long was a river rat and a BIG mAn..

Dutch just shook his head.. and said ScoTTie..as i was sitting next to Bruce.. and smiled..and shook his head.. God rest his sOul.. he doing the big bikes in the sky nowdays

Me .. I have a leg missing and the otherone was crushed to smitherens..

Captin Fin Is within his rights imho

Spyder Garage

Default Grass Hopper Lookin Thang

michigan law said anything with two or three wheel is classified as a motorcycle and you need a motorcycle endorsement to drive in the state of michigan, ( I'm a little guy with a big attitude let the fun begin)

Spyder Garage