Spyder Garage

Default My first solo ride on our RT...visiting Erags in the hospital

Ed (Erags) is back in the hospital for Chemo Round 4. We're hoping he'll be discharged Sunday. This is the rougher of his two chemo regimens so we could use that he tolerates it better than last time. Things were a little delayed yesterday since there is a nationwide shortage of bicarbonate. He has to be on this during his even numbered cycles; the hospital only had one bag of it with his name on it. Once they came up with a solution that didn't involve him having to take 72 tablets/day his chemo started.

It was such a gorgeous day I decided to ride the RT. First, I headed north to the military base to pick up a few things, then I enjoyed a leisurely ride into Pensacola...ta da! I made it...two counties involved in my ride! I met a new Spyder owner when I stopped for gas, but he wasn't on his at the time (a blue RT). He noticed our third brake light and mentioned he didn't realize the Ltd. RT came with them...I told him that they didn't (but should) and that Erags had done the electrical modifications on our RT (pointing out the other lights to him). I told him about Spyderlovers and our local riding group. I'm looking forward to seeing him and his wife soon.

We're hoping and that six (rather than eight) rounds of chemo will do the trick for Ed. I'm going to walk in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's fundraiser Light the Night Walk next week. If anyone would like to donate, please visit www.lightthenight.org and look for my name or Team Ragsdale. Thanks.

Happy Halloween, everyone!
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Glad you had such a good ride, especially with all you are currently dealing with. It helps the mind and spirit. Tell Ed we are praying for him in Arkansas!
    Last edited by FaranH; 10-31-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Registered Users Adirondack Mik's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thinking of you and Ed and wishing you the best. I'm glad you had a nice day to calm your worries. Praying for Ed always.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

fingers crossed glad you had a good ride.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

Cheryl, I'm so proud of you! I got a big grin when I got your email. You're a real rider now! Choosing the Spyder to run your errands and do everyday things is part of what makes it special. It lightens the day, no matter how heavy the burden. Our continue.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

It really made my day when the newbie owner I ran in to told me he was up to 75 miles on his ! I told him ours was several hundred miles overdue for its first service when we got back to Pensacola from Texas.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on the solo ride and I hope Ed gets through this round okay.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

prayers and strength to you both!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cheryl, congrats on your solo ride, I know it must have felt really great. this round of Ed's chemo goes well. Dale

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wohoo. Glad you enjoyed your solo ride. You and Ed are in my thoughts. Hope all goes well with his treatments.

Spyder Garage

Running errands in a cage is just that.................running errands on a is an adventure! Continued prayers for Ed.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Cheryl, I'm so proud of you! I got a big grin when I got your email. You're a real rider now! Choosing the Spyder to run your errands and do everyday things is part of what makes it special. It lightens the day, no matter how heavy the burden. Our continue.
    Amen.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You both are in our thoughts and prayers!
    Pretty soon hopefully... you guys will have your own caravan of out cruising together!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

on the solo ride. Our thoughts and prayers continue to go with you folks.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It's been a crazy two weeks for us...while we were waiting for Ed's blood counts to come up enough for chemo last week, my mom (who lives 400 miles away) suffered a cardiac arrest after a heart attack. She was successfully resuscitated but has had a rocky hospital stay. Meanwhile, Ed's chemo started this week...we've only got two more hospital days (hopefully) for this round. I am getting tired of hospitals!
    Ed's is in the shop with a GPS problem, waiting for back-ordered parts to arrive. So, I need to get in my driving before he is discharged and takes over the RT. I left the hospital this afternoon to find a note with a name and phone number, asking me to call to discuss my "kick ass" bike! While putting on my jacket and helmet the note writer came over; I had a lengthy discussion with him about before riding off. I told him to feel free to lurk on Spyderlovers, even though he doesn't own a yet. In two days I've ended up talking to two different people about the advantages of being in the family...I need to print up more cards to hand out to folks.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers...mom has made a remarkable improvement after being resuscitated following her heart attack (other than residual amnesia about her hospital stay and my visit) and Ed has successfully completed his fourth round of chemo. We could use continuing prayers that six rounds will be enough to get him in to remission. He's scheduled for another CT scan next week that will determine if he needs 6 or 8 rounds. Please also pray that his counts don't bottom out so badly that he picks up another infection/fever. It looks like round 5 should start Thanksgiving week, unless we end up delayed by his blood counts.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's fundraiser is Thursday night. Please donate to the cause if you can (www.lightthenight.org; Team Ragsdale). If you can't donate, please just keep Ed in your prayers/thoughts.

We are still waiting for his RS to get out of the shop. We've got 3 Patriot Guard missions tomorrow that I'm thinking of going on. Only problem with that is the first mission starts at 7 a.m. 45 min. from our house. Ed's getting into the part of his chemo cycle that his white count is dropping and I'm grounding him until it's on the way up. No more running around in public for him!

Hope everyone is able to get some good riding in. Be safe.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cheryl,
    When you have to parallel park your MINI; is this how you do it?

I've got my Missus practicing with hers!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Cheryl,
    When you have to parallel park your MINI; is this how you do it?

I've got my Missus practicing with hers!
    No, Bob...THIS is how I do it! 1-IMG_2515.jpgThought I'd show you a picture of my MINI GloRyders while I was at it...you can farkle it up, too! SSPX0060.jpg
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

She's got the same wheels as you do!
    I'm showing her the GloRyders; maybe we'll get a discount for ordering six of them!

They sure look an awful lot like the RT wheels...
    MINI & RT 006.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default CarLashes

she also needs the CarLashes

just look at http://www.carlashes.com/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I showed those to the Missus; her's is a "mighty" and not a "MINI"...016.jpg She wasn't impressed with them...

Spyder Garage

Default Got it!!!

on solo ryde... on all other ...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5