Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default San Antonio Dealers

I should be getting my RT-S by next weekend. I live in San Antonio but am buying from a dealer out of Round Rock. I was wondering from the San Antonio area folks, who do you recommend for service? Trying to find a reputable shop nearby for routine maintenance, warranty work etc. Thanks in advance.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kent Powersports in Selma.

email me if you have questions. scoot62@aol.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks sir!

Spyder Garage

I purchased my2012 RT Limited from Kents. Great dealer, matched prices from advertised. Had my 600 mile service there as well. Did a great job, but I think I will do the routine maintenace myself. $300 for first checkup seems a little pricey to me..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think Kent is probably the largest dealer in the area. When I was looking to buy my Spyder, I visited them to talk with a salesman and then called to talk to a service tech. The salesman was nice, but he tried the usual "Limited" is in short supply tactics and wouldn't budge on price. The service tech said he was too busy to talk to me on the phone and would call me back. I gave him my number, but he never called me back. Needless to say, I bought my RT Limited from Woods Cycle Country in New Braunfels for about $1200 less than what Kent was wanting. It is a little north of San Antonio, but they are a great bunch of people and it is a family owned business.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Good to know, thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=bo9roadking; Needless to say, I bought my RT Limited from Woods Cycle Country in New Braunfels for about $1200 less than what Kent was wanting. It is a little north of San Antonio, but they are a great bunch of people and it is a family owned business.[/QUOTE]

Have you had Woods do any maintenance on your Spyder...what have you heard about them. I am thinking of taking BR1 to Kent, but can go to Woods just as easy....your thoughts please...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default San Antonio Dealer

Kent is the place to go. That's where I purchase my RT-S
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay, a friend of mine has had good luck there....I will probably try both a time or two.....thanks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Have you had Woods do any maintenance on your Spyder...what have you heard about them. I am thinking of taking BR1 to Kent, but can go to Woods just as easy....your thoughts please...

Woods has replaced my throttle body, they have replaced my turn signal cluster, they have performed my 600 mile service, and they took me in with no appointment to fix my HID headlight that worked intermittently. All of the maintenance was same day unless I dropped it off on the weekend to pickup early the following week or when I had to wait for the throttle body to ship from BRP which took 2 or 3 days.

On one visit, the salesman that I purchased my spyder from noticed that I was in the service dept. He came over to see how things were going and brought me a cup of coffee. I can't complain about their service. I asked the parts dept about Elka shocks. They didn't sell them, but because I wanted to buy them, they became dealers. I now have a new pair of Elka Stage 1+ shocks installed. The service dept also washed my spyder every time that I took it in for service.
    Last edited by bo9roadking; 10-30-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=bo9roadking;536197]Woods has replaced my throttle body, they have replaced my turn signal cluster, they have performed my 600 mile service, and they took me in with no appointment to fix my HID headlight that worked intermittently. All of the maintenance was same day unless I dropped it off on the weekend to pickup early the following week or when I had to wait for the throttle body to ship from BRP which took 2 or 3 days.

On one visit, the salesman that I purchased my spyder from noticed that I was in the service dept. He came over to see how things were going and brought me a cup of coffee. I can't complain about their service. I asked the parts dept about Elka shocks. They didn't sell them, but because I wanted to buy them, they became dealers. I now have a new pair of Elka Stage 1+ shocks installed. The service dept also washed my spyder every time that I took it in for service.[/QUOTE

Washed your Spyder? Ya can't beat that. I bought my 2002 Wing from Woods when they were Honda in Austin. A San Antonio dealer did my 600 miles check and it has never been in the shop since....it runs like a hose with 62,000 miles on it....11 years old now. I may well try Woods, I guess they are the same family that moved from Austin to N.B. Looks like we have two good dealers here. Thanks