Thread: New Spyder

Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder

I've now had my new RT for 13 days. I just rode 800 miles the last 2 days. I now have 1450 miles on it. A couple of my observations:
    i rode through the mountains north and south of Boone, NC. About half way through I took the spanner and set the front shocks to the "hardest" setting. That helped with the "wallowing" in the corners. I rode 250 of the miles on the interstate. The Spyder is very affected by the turbulence from semi trucks. My rear end would begin to hurt after just 100 miles or so. Not as comfortable as my Mustang seat I had on my Harley. Maybe a new seat is in my future.

All together, however, I'm glad I traded the Harley for the Spyder.

Bernie
    --
    RT-S (Blue) with Power Sports Wrap Racing Stripes
    BajaRon's Sway Bar
    Kewl Metal Gizmo Mount
    Rivco Flag Mounts
    NBV Highway Pegs

Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by Hberninger View Post
    I've now had my new RT for 13 days. I just rode 800 miles the last 2 days. I now have 1450 miles on it. A couple of my observations:
    i rode through the mountains north and south of Boone, NC. About half way through I took the spanner and set the front shocks to the "hardest" setting. That helped with the "wallowing" in the corners. I rode 250 of the miles on the interstate. The Spyder is very affected by the turbulence from semi trucks. My rear end would begin to hurt after just 100 miles or so. Not as comfortable as my Mustang seat I had on my Harley. Maybe a new seat is in my future.

All together, however, I'm glad I traded the Harley for the Spyder.
    I just rolled over 1,000 miles after buying my Spyder RT A&C, Blue on October 4th. I'm already saving for Elka shocks. Most everyone who buys them says it sets the RT on rails. So many people can't be wrong. They say it also helps settle around big trucks. My seat hasn't given me any problems, but a Utopia backrest is also in my future. I had a Honda VTX 1300R which was a great bike, but again, like you, I and my wife are VERY happy with our choice. Already can't wait till next year to do some longer rides. HB, I'm sure we both made the right choice. Let us ride on with confidence.
    Enjoy the Passage of Time with

Spyder Garage

on the new ryde. You might double check the air pressure in the tires--this sometimes affects handling characteristics.

The seat is a common complaint--fortunately there are a lot of aftermarket options. The BRP comfort seat is a step up costing about one half the others. $595.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder purchase andto the spyder web. Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Family!
    Here's to lots of miles and smiles for you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

on your purchase. Wishing you lots more miles of happy times.
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield