Thread: Finally legal!

Spyder Garage

Default Finally legal!

Well, I finally completed my motorcycle safety class on two wheels and got my M endorsement! Now I don't need to worry about not having one when I want to ride. Ed's got most of my mods installed so I will be well-lit with LED's. (Check out Erags' post on his wife's lit rear end if you want to see my lights...not sure I cared for the wording, but that's Ed for you). He's got another few days before he'll be able to start his next chemo cycle since his platelets are a little too low, so we're hoping to get in some good riding...weather forecast looks GREAT for riding!
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Smile that is great!

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Well, I finally completed my motorcycle safety class on two wheels and got my M endorsement! Now I don't need to worry about not having one when I want to ride. Ed's got most of my mods installed so I will be well-lit with LED's. (Check out Erags' post on his wife's lit rear end if you want to see my lights...not sure I cared for the wording, but that's Ed for you). He's got another few days before he'll be able to start his next chemo cycle since his platelets are a little too low, so we're hoping to get in some good riding...weather forecast looks GREAT for riding!
    congrats on completing the safety course. I wish I had mine completed too but I didn't allocate funds for a $200 course, $80 gloves, and riding boots. Spyder riding can be an expensive hobby.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on the 'M' Always nice when you achieve something you've gone for.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

gratz on completing the course and welcome to SpyderWorld....

safe riding

the more lights the better

Spyder Garage

Default M endorsement

Great news. Congrats for taking the class and now passing, Enjoy the wind from the front seat.

Spyder Garage

nice job
    2012 RT SE Viper Red
    BRP Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Stainless Grills, IPS, Utopia backrest, Original Grip Buddies, Shorty antenna, Spyderpops radiator block off, cat shield and Bump Skid, Street Magic Magicflex channelz, Chrome Mirror covers, LED turn indicators on Mirrors, LED rear cargo light, Top rear Break Light Seal Style Floor Boards, Day Runner Lights

Registered Users Adirondack Mik's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Drive safe safe.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Wow that's a lot of money for that riding course in Texas!!! Here in Cleveland Oh. the course is only $25.00 and they provide you with a motorcycle to train and to test on!!!

Spyder Garage

Cool You've only just begun

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    congrats on completing the safety course. I wish I had mine completed too but I didn't allocate funds for a $200 course, $80 gloves, and riding boots. Spyder riding can be an expensive hobby.
    hang in there Dad. You've only just begun. Think of your Spyder as your youngest daughter and the costs aren't nearly so hard to swallow. So, move over Laila, you've got a new sister!
    Janie

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jharpo View Post

hang in there Dad. You've only just begun. Think of your Spyder as your youngest daughter and the costs aren't nearly so hard to swallow. So, move over Laila, you've got a new sister!
    Janie
    Ha-ha!!! you have a point there, I am sure if you put diaper money beside the money I need for the spyder...the diaper money would be the most.

Spyder Garage

Default $25 course...wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Iron View Post
    Wow that's a lot of money for that riding course in Texas!!! Here in Cleveland Oh. the course is only $25.00 and they provide you with a motorcycle to train and to test on!!!
    $25 is great, if I could get that deal here I would already be on the road. For now, I am limited to cruising my neighborhood and really even that is risky. A ticket for no license would really cut into me saving for the safety course.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Iron View Post
    Wow...class here was $200/2 days. Motorcycle/scooter provided by the school. Written and skills test on practice range. They must have been grading on a curve for me!
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    $25 is great, if I could get that deal here I would already be on the road. For now, I am limited to cruising my neighborhood and really even that is risky. A ticket for no license would really cut into me saving for the safety course.
    First time Ed and I went out of our neighborhood with both our Spyders, a policeman approaching us turned on his blue lights...we both pulled over (me, with heart racing ). Policeman went down side street between our bikes and headed off. Then, about 3 miles later there was a second policecar with lights on and car pulled off the road...decided then and there that I was awful glad my class was scheduled a few days later. I couldn't handle the stress of worrying about no M on the license! Class fee was WELL worth the decreased stress level, even though it was $200.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Cool I agree

First time Ed and I went out of our neighborhood with both our Spyders, a policeman approaching us turned on his blue lights...we both pulled over (me, with heart racing ). Policeman went down side street between our bikes and headed off. Then, about 3 miles later there was a second policecar with lights on and car pulled off the road...decided then and there that I was awful glad my class was scheduled a few days later. I couldn't handle the stress of worrying about no M on the license! Class fee was WELL worth the decreased stress level, even though it was $200.
    You are soooo right! I have gotten to the place where I am ready to explore outside of my neighborhood but I just can't risk a ticket. Even in my neighborhood, I get the jitters every time I pass a street entrance hoping an officer won't be there. Good for you too and very smart. I hope to join the ranks of the "M" class in a couple of weeks.

Spyder Garage

Default great news

ride safety and lets ride

Spyder Garage

Default First solo ride today...visiting Ed in the hospital.

Ed (Erags) went in the hospital yesterday to start Chemo Round 4. This is the rougher of the two regimens he is on but doctors adjusted his dosages after his first round with it. So far, so good.

It was such a gorgeous day out I decided to ride the RT in to see him. I had a few errands to run (well, that was my excuse to get more miles out of the trip ), so I took the really long way in to Pensacola. When I stopped for gas I ran in to a new owner (who was up to 75 miles on his RT!). We visited for awhile and I told him to make sure he checked out this website and our riding group.

As I was riding today I decided I should have skipped my two cups of coffee...the adrenaline from riding was plenty for me! My guardian/gremlin bell from Flamingobabe and Mark rode along in the trunk since I haven't figured out where to hang it...it must still work when it's locked up that way since the ride was fun but uneventful!
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

Spyder Garage

I came out of the hospital today to find a note on my asking me to call the writer to discuss my "kick " bike! The guy that wrote the note came over while I was putting on my riding gear and we talked for awhile before I managed to leave. Referred him to this website so he could lurk before buying. In two days I've referred two folks, one a new RT owner, the other a potential buyer.
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale