Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default REALLY

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    I flashed them back once, but got a ticket for indecent exposure.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default heaad lights

I had the same problem with my lights but my problem was casused by some one in the Spyder shop delibertly misaligned my headlights. My Spyder is an export model. The repair manual information on aligning the lights was completely wrong. I saw that my Escalde's head lights were the same height as the high beam head lights of my Spyder. I pointed my car in front of a wall being 10 meters away. I turned on the high beam and marked the spot shown on the wall with chaulk where the lights were aimed. I then adjusted my Spyder's high beams to the marked spots on the wall. I adjusted the low beams during the night on non used street. You have to have a long Phillips screw driver to reach the adjusting screws. Arthur, Mexico City, Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We had a thread in here about adjusting the headlights on both the RS and RT models. One of our members took the time to figure out how to set your lights correctly if you don't have exactly the amount of room to normally make the adjustment.
    Unfortunately; I only downloaded the info on the RT's lights...
    Maybe if you did some digging you'll be able to find the thread!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a problem with my headlights "turning" red when I hit bumps and is really annoying according to some co-workers who have been in front of me on the way to work.I have probably had 10 cars pull off the road in front of me in the past 2 years.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    I have a problem with my headlights "turning" red when I hit bumps and is really annoying according to some co-workers who have been in front of me on the way to work.I have probably had 10 cars pull off the road in front of me in the past 2 years.
    The appearance of color change is another characteristic of projection (focused) lenses. The cure is the same...adjust the headlights down a bit and run on high beam in the daytime.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I decided just to really pay attention last night to my stock low beam setting. It really is too high. On low beam, the top of my beam is lighting up in the top sections of trees. Only bright settings should be aiming that high. My weight must be angling the spyder upward.

I didn't really just pay attention to this until I started this thread. Thank you NancyToy.....you were the first person to respond to this thread, and you hit the nail right on the head.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Flashing

WOW! never been flashed while on spyder, what is this world coming to?

Spyder Garage

Default blinding lights

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    The Spyder RS headlights must be a pain to see head on. When hitting the back highways at night, almost every car flashes their brights at me indicating that I have my brights on. I've even gotten flashed on the interstate, and those cars are 20 feet away to the incoming side. I flash them back to show them that they're not on bright, and that it can get brighter. I can't see their facial expressions, but I bet when I flash back, they go into a state of shock that I'm on dim setting. I can only imagine that they are saying that whoever made that bike screwed incoming cars. Lol

My wife said that they are blinding. Whenever I ride behind her going home, she becomes unable to look in the rearview mirror. My theory is maybe the flood pattern is too wide. Maybe the beam needs a more focused pattern???...

Do you guys get flashed alot?....
    I live in a very hilly section of Arkansas and the only time I know I blind on coming cars is when im climbing a hill and another car comes over the top at me But I see the samething happening when I'm in my car. Once in awhile on coming drivers will flash their lights..Depending on my mood I may or may not respond.

Spyder Garage

If I ever get flashed on the spyder I would probably let her do it again (as long as her headlights wasn't adjusted too low). Hahahahha!
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

New Stanton, PA (South Western Pennsylvania)
    Spyder Garage

I've had the same experiences. Hubby won't ride in front of me on his bike or in the car. Lights are too bright. He thought I was flashing him to pull over one time, nope...was just hittin bumps. He did adjust them. I am NOT lowering them any further. I value MY right to see at night just as much as the 'cager' and I am more 'at risk' on the road then they are. So, the way I see it, SHINE ON and let them look away for the 2 seconds it takes them to pass you and arrive at YOUR destination safely! Sorry, just my opinion, everyone's got one...like buttholes!