Spyder Garage

Default New Project updates

Well, I've spent the last two days stripping my RT, removing the Cat, and stock exhaust - I got a video comparing the sound - I'll post that later.

This is not a project for the faint of heart, or infirm - my bionic knee will be complaining for the next week!!IMG_0067.jpgThis is the replacement for the cat and the catIMG_0061.jpgIMG_0066.jpg
    between the cat & stock muffler, I've dropped at least 40#IMG_0068.jpg There (fortunately) was only one spring on the catIMG_0069.jpg All in all, everything was fairly easy to get off. Putting the replacements on, required: (1) a Naval vocabulary, (2) another person, and (3) a floor jack. Several of the steps required the jack, or a younger body. Both would have been helpful.

The Cat bipass in a 90% finished item. The pipes matched perfectly (provided you have a helper on the other side of the bike), but the supports are welded/bent threaded stock. These make getting the rubber support on, or adjusted, a real pain - and getting them re-installed required the floor jack. Additionally, the fit between the bipass and the Yosh exhaust was A REALLY TIGHT FIT!! I had used exhaust sealant, and had longer screws to pull the pieces together, then replaced those with the ones supplied in the kit. Note: I used anti-seize on those bolts, to make sure they would come apart some day.

I did get the charging dongle added, and John's new brake spacer installed. However, I have yet to find the spark plug on the front cylinder - let alone replace it… If & when I do, I'll add that part too - and I link to the video, as soon as I get it uploaded..
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

OK;

Here's the "Before & After" video. I did this with my iPod Nano, but the sound is there.

2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Well, for a mere $150, I got the plugs & wires changed - the shop took off the frunk, and air cleaner - then, and only then, could the tech reach inside and get to the plug. Now for the re-assembly. I'll add some pics of this event later, along with the much asked for installation of the dash bag….
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

I was re-assembling the Rt, down to the last couple of panels (having installed the new BRP modded panel) when one of the stupid rubber grommets decided to go AWOL inside the engine compartment. 30 minutes of looking to no avail.

Checked with the local dealer - of course, no parts. Check with my normal dealer (who just installed my plugs for me), and lo, they had 20 - IN STOCK - So, I may finish this by next week. After that, it's waiting for it to stop raining for a little while...

BTW, I decided not to ceramic coat my headers - I just wrapped them. It was easier, cheaper, and required less demo work.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default Dash Bag Install

OK, here's my 2nd installation of the dash bag. Remove the windshield and clean the dash with rubbing alcohol.IMG_0073.jpg
    Next punch or drill two holes for the nylon 2 stage rivets on each side of the dash bag.IMG_0074.jpg I put mine IN the velcro/adhesive area. Use the bag as a template to drill the holes in the dash top. BE CAREFUL TO ONLY DRILL THROUGH THE TOP PANEL!!!! IMG_0075.jpg
    Wipe the adhesive area with an accelerant, or alcohol again, and place the bag on the dash top. Insert the rivets, and lock them.IMG_0076.jpg

The rivets give the install a "factory look", and you never have to worry about the bag disappearing in traffic behind you.IMG_0077.jpg

I would have liked to add at least one in the front of the bag, but the panel is too narrow for the standard rivets. The rivets can be obtained from Bolt Motorcycle Hardware for about $0.50 ea (10 pack for $5). The extras become spares for your panels, because you were smart enough to use the standard size rivets!!

Let me know if you have any questions.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Very nice... i know it saves a lot of money being able to do these mods yourself. I will be at the dealer for everything.

Spyder Garage

I keep getting PM's about the Yosh sound, so I thought I'd bump this back to Page #1….
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member