Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    i bought the CARDO SCALA G9 in May of 2012, and it's a GREAT UNIT... it's made in the USA, Pennsyvania actually, and the guys there are GREAT to work with... the G9 is upgradable, and will also communicate with the older G4's... sound is very clear and will Blue-Tooth to your phone, GPS, etc... the ONLY thing i can think of that is a negative, is that it has so many things it can do, that it's confusing when reading the booklet for the first twenty times...
    This is what we have, and had great communication to Lamont's and back. Being the 'follower', I have to have good communication with the leader (Bruiser), who is a more experienced rider and can let me know of anything ahead. We haven't tried the bluetooth, radio, etc., but were very happy the the G9

Spyder Garage

Default Scala G9's

Wife and I have G9's as do the rest of our immediate circle. As someone else noted they do so much and the manual basically sucks swamp water they can be daunting to figure out and let's not even get into the website right now. Anyway most of the time they work fine, then I'll get a tap on the shoulder and get asked why I didn't answer the question. Didn't hear it. Sure it's something I haven't figured out yet and need to spend a little more time working with .

Probably should have purchased through a local dealer so I could walk in and get help.

When we're connected they work fine and sound good and in our area the fm stations I programed come in fine.

I took the MSF course here in Ohio, with zero 2 wheel experience, here passing the course waves the driving test to get a full MC endorsement. Wife is going to do her's come spring and warmer weather.

Road trip tomorrow to Cincinnati if all goes as planned.

Have fun, ride safe
    Curt

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We use one of the older Chatterbox units, but I didn't like that thing attached to my helmet, so I put the unit in the trunk, ran wires, and installed plugs up front, and by the passenger handgrip. I have the radio running into it (tied into the rear speakers with an impedance matching unit), and I wired in my old Garmin Nuvi-205 too.
    I was going to add individual volume controls, but I think we're going to switch to the Sena bluetooth units eventually.

Spyder Garage

Big fan of my sena unit even if you do get funny looks while you play the air drums at a stoplight it's all good just stare back (helps if you have a dark shield) or maybe you look like ray Charles at a stop light music is always good. I put a piece of velcrow on the bars so I can switch music for my mood especially on longer rides sometimes you just don't want "that song"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just saw this post as I was sitting here in my living room, helmet on pairing up the SENA SM10 bluetooth transmitter to my SMH 10 helmet sets. Phone, GPS, rider to passenger seem to work great. Tomorrows test ride will tell the whole story.
    The SM10 unit can pait 2 helmets to it to hear all output from the vehicle, with an adapter cable.

Spyder Garage

Wife got me a Sena smh 10 for our anniversary yesterday. Now I'm off to Disney World tomorrow with the family so will be next week before I can test it out
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    What you all are saying goes hand and hand with the reviews I have seen online. Although the one made by interphone(F5) had a good review by a dealer but I haven't seen much from actual customers. Two or three hundred dollars is a lot of money FOR ME to spend if it doesn't really help me on the highway.
    i have the F5's and i have had the F3 and F4 -- the new F5 has lt and rt speakers ,, other older versions only had 1 speaker . i listen to my iphone radio through the bluetooth feature , also talk on the phone and up to 6 units can be paired together at the same time. that is 6 riders can talk to each other on a ride.

i have never tried any other system because i havent had any issues with the interphone F series units.

i also use them when riding quads in the woods which is great
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Spyder Garage

Default Research led us to Sena SMH 10d

Hi! We've only purchase one comm system in our lives and it was the Sena SMH10 dual. Not tech savvy, but they sync'd right up, both Galaxy SIII and wife's Pantech -no issues. Can answer/make calls easily w/ gloves on - VOX was pesky at times, meaning: to activate, you had to blow the mic, get a chirp then G2G..then we'd go miles w/ open mics w/o any wind noise and wonder why we are not having to activate VOX (probably should read the manual or go to Youtube). We are not savvy enough to know how the tapping of our Jog Buttons are affecting the headsets (yet). I have to say the big negative for me, was the owner's manual - plenty thick - however, when you peal away the dozen or so foreign languages in the book, you'll find a very small section on setting up and tuning in and not friendly enough for me.

I thought after the easy set up/sync to bluetooth, we'd just take the owner's manual w/ us and look at it at stops. We are very pleased (oh and surprised) while stopped and chatting in helmets, my phone/helmet took the call, finished the call, then heard music from it's built in MP3 player! My pesky gloves caused that to happen on the cells touchscreen. Was a nice surprise to know that calls/music and intracom all worked nicely and will stop/start w/o me touching anything on the module.

Can charge while using, but we have (as far as I know) only one 12V charger in the trunk...never had to charge while riding though - long life, and lights will blink a sequence when turning on to let you know how much life is left. We are very pleased w/ Sena right now - they are loud enough too, will chirp/beep, has voice activated commands, we've not gotten that far though!! And i used to think this was a stretch, but it's the truth w/ these headsets = callers will be surprised that you are on a spyder merrily on your way!! Good luck!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Although the Sena SMH10 seems to me to be the best of the wireless units, I prefer wired systems. They are pretty bulletproof as far as communications on one machine. We use the Starcom1 systems. Seamless hookups to MP3 and phone (wired), and some of the best automatic noise and volume adjustments available. If you carry a passenger, the intercom is outstanding.

100%

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

And what about when someone else wants to join in on your ride??

the Sena will let up to 5 or 6 helmets/riders communicate. So I can switch between talking with my wife on the back of the Spyder and my buddy up to 400 meters away and whoever I'm not talking to can listen to music. When I'm chatting with my wife and my buddy wants to let me know about an upcoming sharper than normal curve, he taps his button, my helmet says intercom requested, I tap my button and now the two of us are talking and my wife's music automatically unpauses and continues playing till either she or I requests communication.

Spyder Garage

Default Oh!! Very Good Stuff on the Sena

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder777 View Post
    And what about when someone else wants to join in on your ride??

the Sena will let up to 5 or 6 helmets/riders communicate. So I can switch between talking with my wife on the back of the Spyder and my buddy up to 400 meters away and whoever I'm not talking to can listen to music. When I'm chatting with my wife and my buddy wants to let me know about an upcoming sharper than normal curve, he taps his button, my helmet says intercom requested, I tap my button and now the two of us are talking and my wife's music automatically unpauses and continues playing till either she or I requests communication.
    Thanks! We experienced a similiar situation above tonight while ryding. Although we were not joined to other ryders, between the two of us - we were on intracom, w/o having to blow or activate open mic - they remained opened, talking nicely - I got a call, chimes, tapped Jog, picked up phone, wife didn't know it (didn't mention it to her about my headset chiming), while on the bluetooth call; I hear "intercom requested" - realizing it was wife tapping jog, I turned my head and said, "It's your sister! I'm talking to V***" ((turns out when I removed our modules from the helmets a couple night ago and recharged (but they can be charged in place on the mount on helmet), I placed them on the opposite helmets today - which when her sister reached me, we were both very surprised! Then realized the previously blutooth sync modules were on the opposite helmets (we have matching helmets)!

A few minutes later, I hung up, went seemlessly back to intracom - then daughter called for wife - but it came to me since I had the module attached to me! Again, another suprised caller!! But this time, i asked wife to ping me for intracom, while I kept daughter on bluetooth, and viola' - I took the intracom, my daughter was placed on hold, and I jogged back and forth w/ each for testing purposes. Learn something new everyday.
    2012 RT A/C SE5 (A9CA) Magnesium
    04Oct - purchased 1mi
    25Oct - 538mi
    27Oct - 626mi 1st Svc - 714mi end of day.
    UltraGard RT Cover; Custom Dynamics Rear HMT (installed); Custom Dynamics Mud Flap LEDs (installed); Chrome Lower Spoiler Trims (not installed); Widow/Spyder Rear Axle Caps (not installed)...should get these installed......12v Battery Tender Jr.