Spyder Garage

Default Love affair gone sour -or- Ramblings of an amateur writer WTMTOHH

It was love at first sight! She was smooth and lean, with striking looks that made men turn their heads when she passed by. She could purr like a kitten, or roar like a lion, and everyone enjoyed being around her. When I first laid eyes on her she was living in southern California - a fitting place, considering her love of fun and the outdoors. I woo'ed her for about a week before finally deciding that I had to have her. The family that raised her agreed to let her move, so I paid her fare to Washington State and anxiously awaited her arrival, hardly sleeping a wink until she arrived. When she stepped out of the trailer, and onto my driveway, I was truly smitten with her grace and beauty, and we visited well into the night, getting to know each other better in the peaceful solitude of my garage. My friends, although curious about her, thought I was being silly, but love knows no bounds so I did not care. I ignored their warnings and blindly reveled in the radius of her splendor. She was different than others I had known, but this was part of the attraction and I was determined to learn her ways and make her mine forever. For almost two months we were inseparable as I tried my best to learn her moves and be comfortable with her companionship. Oh, there were moments when things did not go to my liking, but I soldiered on in the hopes that we would eventually become compatible and be lifelong friends. I remember laughing when she complained that her belt was too tight, and chuckling at the little squealing noises she used to make when we would be out and about. She seemed to eat more than my previous relationships but I didn't care - she was all mine. Eventually, though, the honeymoon began to fade and endearing traits started to become annoying habits. I had to bend over backwards to accommodate her as we twisted and turned through our relationship, and I continued to find this a little unnatural. Even her voice, which I once found sweet and lovely, began to sound more like a whine than a soothing purr. We both tried our best to keep a happy face, but I think we soon realized that we were not made for each other. We spent a weekend recently with others of her ilk (and, admittedly, had a great time), but the writing was on the wall and we both understood that we were not made for each other. So..... last Monday we traveled together one last time, quietly wondering where our relationship had gone wrong. I eventually dropped her off in Lynnwood where she quickly drew a small crowd so I know she'll make new friends quickly. We parted as friends, and I'm happy for that. I really do wish the best for her in her future friendships, and I will cherish the short time we had together. I really, REALLY wanted it to work out but she was just too, shall I say, different for me and I never felt entirely comfortable with her. Now I have entered a relationship with Dyna, a beauty with old-school charm and values, and the one who returned home with me from Lynnwood that fateful day last week. Wish me luck, because if Dyna and I don't work out I'm sure Spyder-girl will have a new lover and will not take me back.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

2008 Spyder GS--> 2012 Harley Dyna

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That was so sad...
    But Good Luck with Dyna!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that Mike, Good luck with Dyna, My 2012 RT SE5 still loyal to me and I return the favor with love and care. Hope to see you in 2013 oyster run with Dyna or ? . Take care and God Bless... Jerry

Spyder Garage

What a beautiful break-up Best of luck with the new ride
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your new ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry you had circumstances which led you to the breakup. Best wishes to you and Dyna. May you have many happy miles together.
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Spyder Garage

Default Love affair gone sour -or- Ramblings of an amateur writer WTMTOHH

SequiMike,

That was so poetic!! I laughed, I cried, I ate a bag of popcorn! You have a way with words!!

Awesome... Can't wait to hear about your affairs with Dyna!!!

Bill