Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT vs My GoldWing Trike

I have had a spyder for 2 years. The first was an RS, but I needed to sit upright so I traded for an RT. In just a little over a year, I put 22,000 miles on my RT including a 14hr ride up to Louisville from Jacksonville, FL hauling a trailer with my electric scooter on it. For me, the Spyder doesn't have enough low end torque and I had to run premium gas to boot. The GW on the otherhand gets better gas mileage, runs on regular, runs smoother, and has a tighter turning radius. Would I use it to go on a bike ride though the hills with all the switchbacks and curves aound our house there. Deffinitly not!!!!. Give me the RT anyday for that type of riding. I'm sorry to say, but I'll take my GW for the type of riding that I do here in Jacksonville over the RT. If I go back home, I'll borrow one of my brothers bikes to go riding in the hills

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it takes a trike of some sort to get us back out into the wind; they're actually all pretty darn good!
    (And we're entitled to have our favorites! )

For the record; I've ridden all three, plus a motor-Triked Shadow 750...
    The RT: GREAT turning abilities!
    The 'Wing: super smooth. It was raked out so the steering was..."Okay"
    Tri-G: felt like a street brawler
    The MotorTrike: meh... kind of bland and uninspriing... The steering on this one was the only one that set the bars to blurring after I put a rear tire in a pothole... Head-shake will get your attention with this baby!
    (The Tri-G and 'Wing tried to; but they were manageable!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Triiks

Before I bought my Spyder I was at HD dealer. I was talking to the sales person and he told me for the money the Spyder was the best deal over all. Ride was better on the HD but they did not handle as good as the Spyder. He said Spyder could take a curve a "lot better than a HD".